Huge Explosion in Warwick (1 Viewer)

rob9872

No idea what's happened, but massive smoke overhead really making it look dark here and smoke bellowing out from somewhere approx half a mile away on the industrial estate I think.

Hopefully everyone is ok, but I suspect some casualties at this time of day. Really quite harrowing looking across, certainly nothing I've seen before on that scale.

torchomatic

Just had to pop up the Shires. Fuck. Never seen anything like it.

torchomatic

Put some video on my twitter feed.

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_105347.jpg
    IMG_20210827_105347.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 23

rob9872

From Google maps I think it's Leeson Polyurethanes, but not 100%

fernandopartridge

From Google maps I think it's Leeson Polyurethanes, but not 100%
Somebody has put a video on YouTube naming it explicitly, fits the bill as it'll be full of highly flammable (and pretty toxic) material. Another environmental / ecological disaster like the fire in Cov last week.

Bugsy

Hopefully no casualties

Not to sure I should say to much but there is at least one dead as I've just had a voice note off my cousin. My uncle works there his in bits and his lucky to be alive his mate couldn't get out in time 😔

shmmeee

Just been sent home from the office on the tech park because of this. Word there is it’s a builders merchants (MKM or something?) and it’s a bin lorry that caught fire. Who knows though.

no_loyalty

Not to sure I should say to much but there is at least one dead as I've just had a voice note off my cousin. My uncle works there his in bits and his lucky to be alive his mate couldn't get out in time 😔

That’s horrendous ☹️

Brighton Sky Blue

Just been sent home from the office on the tech park because of this. Word there is it’s a builders merchants (MKM or something?) and it’s a bin lorry that caught fire. Who knows though.

The smoke is still bellowing out of the site. Judging by what would have been stored on site it would be a whole catalogue of flammables and explosives.

Nick

Administrator

Fuck, that sounds awful :(

torchomatic

It's an adhesives factory apparently, called Leesons Polyurethane. No wonder there is so much smoke and fireballs.

torchomatic

Yeah that’s why the office was evacuated, possible toxic fumes.

I'm WFH anyway, but our libraries may close. Been told to close all the windows.

TomRad85

Got loads of mates sending vids and pics, looks bloody awful.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

It is barely 100 yards from our house. Very loud explosions and we were close to being evacuated by the police. It’s at an adhesives factory and the fire is still roaring away sadly with workers inside at the time.

Really sobering sight.
Stay safe BSB. I'd probably evacuate anyway if I were you.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rob9872

CET reporting no casualties. I hope they're right, but conflicts with posts above 🙏

Bugsy

CET reporting no casualties. I hope they're right, but conflicts with posts above 🙏

When has the CT ever been right, I don't bullshit ffs.

I was reluctant to say anything at all. Tbh wish I didn't just thought I put what I know of or could say.

Users who are viewing this thread