Match Thread Huddersfield on saturday (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Team was a 7/10 performance, I thought. Good effort, a few iffy decisions and the obvious finishing. Huddersfield played well/efficiently and hit us on the break. As Oggy suggested, if they'd had to attack us, it would probably have suited us more. Thought our support was magnificent today - and that is part of what encourages people to come back and be a part of it imo (it feels like you've been to an occasion, even in defeat today)

stupot07

Generally O'hare's chances tend to be more difficult than some others. He should have done better with his chance today but I can think of 4 similar ones.
I wouldn't say they are. The Bournemouth one was our best chance the game and identical to the 2 that Solanke scored. Today's he was virtually through 1v1 with only the keeper to beat and failed to even hit the target.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

A full clear out 🤣🤣 fuck me... You would think we had just been relegated.

We are probably about 3/4 players away from being a very good team in the league.

So are 17 other teams

Grendel

I wouldn't say they are. The Bournemouth one was our best chance the game and identical to the 2 that Solanke scored. Today's he was virtually through 1v1 with only the keeper to beat and failed to even hit the target.

yes £19 million striker Solanke vs free transfer non striker o hare

djr8369

Cracking goal by Toffolo, as soon as it left his foot it looked a goal. It really should be 1-1 though at half time with the chance O'Hare had.

The weird thing is I reckon if you asked him to pass into the bottom left corner he would have no problem but he just seems to panic when he goes through on goal or is winding up for a shot

As somebody else said he does everything at 100 mph and that means a lack of composure. Great player though just needs to mature a bit.

Sky Blue Harry H

Extracts from their forum (just before they scored !)

Coventry are one of the best sides we've played this season. Quality at our place and should have won easily and looking very good again today.

Thankfully they're not in the play offs

Another sitter missed by Coventry. Should be at least 2 down.

Ted youve got to call it as you see it, unfortunately our players are not always simply wonderful, and Holmes has done more for Cov today than he has for us. Coventry could be 3 or 4 up and we couldn't complain.

and after they scored...

Get in Town!

I think that's what they call 'Smash and grab'.

Grendel

Coventry are one of the best sides we've played this season. Quality at our place and should have won easily and looking very good again today.

Ted youve got to call it as you see it, unfortunately our players are not always simply wonderful, and Holmes has done more for Cov today than he has for us. Coventry could be 3 or 4 up and we couldn't complain.

and after they scored...

Get in Town!

we lost and have 4 home wins in 6 months

Brighton Sky Blue

and after they scored...

Get in Town!

Right on cue with the ‘best we’ve faced’ comments.

Grendel

Likewise without Jones, Tavares and Gyokeres.

If we wasn’t here and didn’t play a single minute this season would we be better or worse off?

Sky Blue Harry H

Entertaining game & kind of indicative of our season overall in my opinion.

Equal parts promising & frustrating. Huddersfield are a good side & deservedly in the playoffs yet we've outplayed them both times but squandered chances galore.

Pretty much my take - as you say, it encapsulated our season as a whole.

skyblu3sk

I will watch it back before I disagree but I'm pretty sure he was under pressure and I still think Gyoks chances that he didn't score were similar.

Sky Blue Harry H

Bully for you

Dear me mate, why do you feel the need to get prickly about everything - I've not had a pop at you, yet you've called me out for posting a couple of comments from their forum.

And your emoji comment does you no credit. I'll withdraw from the conversation, but I genuinely don't get what I've done to annoy you?!

Blind-Faith

Just back, yet again another frustrating afternoon, if we had an attacking midfielder who could put the ball in the back of the net we would be playoffs this season easily.

All we need is 3 good players in the summer and we will be up there next year.

Todays the first time this season where I’ve thought I’ve had enough with ohare, his miss today was criminal, if it was Shipley or Biamou I would of been going mental!

Out of the big three he is the one I would let go now to balance the books / re invest in the team. Hamer is a cut above anything else on the pitch and Viks goals are crucial to us.

SlowerThanPlatt

“Callum’s pulled one wide and that calmness there is needed, if [Huddersfield] get that chance it’s in the back of the net no doubt and they’re the things you’ve got to get right and we can’t shy away from those chances because if you want to be a Championship side .”

Moff

more than Jones whose clearly still at least a player who can compete. Tavares has zero strength and ball holding ability he’s 21 and looks 14

I think that's a bit harsh on Tavares G.

He's a raw talent, and yes is lightweight at the moment but with the right nurturing will bulk up.

What we don't want to lose is his pace. We lack pace all over, and his pressing late in the game put pressure on the Huddersfield defenders at a time we needed it.

We cant beg for pace (which is desperately needed) in defence, but yet ignore it, when we have got it, and when its needed upfront.

Grendel

I think that's a bit harsh on Tavares G.

He's a raw talent, and yes is lightweight at the moment but with the right nurturing will bulk up.

What we don't want to lose is his pace. We lack pace all over, and his pressing late in the game put pressure on the Huddersfield defenders at a time we needed it.

We cant beg for pace (which is desperately needed) in defence, but yet ignore it, when we have got it, and when its needed upfront.

The hype around him is a bit daft

He’s really a million miles away from a championship player. He’s also at an age where he should be a fully established pro - sorry I don’t see massive potential

Grendel

Some of Hamers passing today was world class, he hit a diagonal ball in the first half that was brilliant

And his ability off the ball especially in the moments the opponents move forward is below third class - Hollywood passing Bollywood defending

Adge

Ah well, sums up the season really in a nutshell. Still, well happy with my £250 investment in a depressing bowl that lacked atmosphere, had a lack of decent boozers and a crap pitch……..

Users who are viewing this thread