Match Thread Huddersfield (H) Mon 25/09 (5 Viewers)

clint van damme

If we have to lose someone then its probably better its him because he needed dropping anyway.
Hopefully not serious, though we don't seem to do 1 or 2 weeks out, it's always seems to be mid to long term.

fatso

It’s not 1980 any more where everyone plays 44 fackin 2 with player roles set in concrete.

You can get away with playing wingbacks who don’t defend much if your team is set up right. Look at TAA for Liverpool who plays in a 4 yet is one of their main creative outlets and is limited defensively.

If Sakamoto plays RWB then the right sided CB needs to be instructed to cover him defensively.
Which the CH did, the issue was that Sakamoto didn't pick up the runner from midfield. (Look where the scorer ran from, he ran past Sakamoto) There's no hiding the fact that Sakamoto isn't a WB.
He's technically gifted with quick feet and a trick (just the one trick) but he doesn't appear to fit our system.

TomRad85

Still think Styles was a no brainer of a signing. Better than Eccles and Kelly, but here we are..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
In fact I'll take this further and say now I think about it I'm actually angry we didn't get it over the line. Was seemingly an easy one to do, but nope...

covmark

If we have to lose someone then its probably better its him because he needed dropping anyway.
Hopefully not serious, though we don't seem to do 1 or 2 weeks out, it's always seems to be mid to long term.
Yeah, some of the stick he got first few games was a little harsh I thought, but he has been really poor the last couple. Lets Ayari or Saka have a chance at AM.
God I hope O'Hare comes back the same player.

skybluecam

Which the CH did, the issue was that Sakamoto didn't pick up the runner from midfield. (Look where the scorer ran from, he ran past Sakamoto) There's no hiding the fact that Sakamoto isn't a WB.
He's technically gifted with quick feet and a trick (just the one trick) but he doesn't appear to fit our system.
What? Grant scored the goal, he was playing on the left of a front 3, not midfield. Lati was picking him up until Fadz called him over to cover, which is the real mistake IMO.

skybluecam

Still think Styles was a no brainer of a signing. Better than Eccles and Kelly, but here we are..

£2m for a 23 yo international with >100 championship appearances in a position we desperately need... can't believe it didn't get done.

SBT

In fact I'll take this further and say now I think about it I'm actually angry we didn't get it over the line. Was seemingly an easy one to do, but nope...

Can’t have been that easy if multiple clubs were supposedly interested and yet he’s still at Barnsley

long way home

Cant afford any injuries but if its Palmer that may open the door for Saka to get a run of games playing higher up the pitch which is where he looks more comfortable and effective.

fatso

What? Grant scored the goal, he was playing on the left of a front 3, not midfield. Lati was picking him up until Fadz called him over to cover, which is the real mistake IMO.
Grant was outside the box and being marked by Sakamoto. Grant anticipated the cross and made the run and Sakamoto was ball watching and got left behind. Sakamoto was wrong side of his man when Grant scored.

There's absolutely no way whatsoever that that goal was anybody else's fault but Sakamoto's.
You could see by his reaction that he instantly new he'd fucked up.

Lats was covering Fadz and ready to clear out any danger in the box, it 100% wasn't his fault.

skybluecam

Grant was outside the box and being marked by Sakamoto. Grant anticipated the cross and made the run and Sakamoto was ball watching and got left behind. Sakamoto was wrong side of his man when Grant scored.

There's absolutely no way whatsoever that that goal was anybody else's fault but Sakamoto's.
You could see by his reaction that he instantly new he'd fucked up.

Lats was covering Fadz and ready to clear out any danger in the box, it 100% wasn't his fault.
Grant was being marked by Lati, then Fadz calls him across to take #12 and Saka covers Grant.

Yes, it's not great defending from Saka and is his "fault" but if I'm Robins in that situation I want Fadz covering 12 and Lati on Grant. Grant's probably 5/6 inches taller and a stone or two heavier than Saka, he's always going to be the favourite to win the ball on the end of a cross.

fatso

Agreed, but I think there may have been other issues that stopped us pursuing him.
It certainly wasn't the price.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

probably the best possible injury. Ayari needs to play every minute.
We do seem to get an injury every now and again that actually ends up helping us because it makes MR change what we're doing. Maybe this could be in that vein.

Not that having another injury to a small squad is good, but if MR wasn't going to drop Palmer due to form then at least this forces his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread