Match Thread Huddersfield (H) Mon 25/09 (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Some changes need made.

Wilson

MVE
Lati
McF
Thomas
JDS

Kelly
Ayari
Saka

Simms
Godden

Reactions: AOM

Evo1883

I think we will take 3 points here , last night was poor but we've generally been alot better in phases ...

Coventry 2-0 Huddersfield

Saddlebrains

Collins (Wilson literally jumped out the way of the 3rd goal, Robins wont have that)

Lats Kitching Binks
MVE Allen Kelly DaSilva
Ayari Tats
Godden

Subs - Wilson, Thomas, Fadz, Bidwell, Eccles, Palmer, Simms, Wright, Obikwu

hill83

Scared Dog GIF

Jamesimus

I think having Thomas back in would help with the link to the forwards. Obviously he made a fair few errors in one game, but he's really good at passing forwards through the lines and willing to step up and bring the ball out from defence.

AOM

If van Ewijk is injured, can Dasilva play on the right?
I'd like to see Bidwell back involved in the squad if possible.

Be good to also get Jamie Allen an hour or so on the pitch

Northeast sky blue

If van Ewijk is injured, can Dasilva play on the right?
I'd like to see Bidwell back involved in the squad if possible.

Be good to also get Jamie Allen an hour or so on the pitch
Could you not move JL across and play Thomas at Rcb, I'd like to see Bidwell back in too

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Could you not move JL across and play Thomas at Rcb, I'd like to see Bidwell back in too
I am assume that is what he will have to do, or Eccles to RWB and Ayari at CM. Issue with JL at RWB is we probably go from the fastest player in the league to the slowest. It was so glaringly obvious we needed a Gus sub last season yet somehow we didn't even replace him. We're absolutely threadbare at central midfield and one of them will probably now have to cover at RWB.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson
Lati Fadz Binks
MvE Eccles Kelly Dasilva
Ayari Saka*
Godden

Collins, Kitching, Bidwell, Thomas, Allen*, Palmer, Simms, Wright, + 1

Hopefully MvE will be fit. If not as we're at home I'd let Sakamoto play RWB and bring Allen into AM.

Fadz was a bit poor and I'd like to be able to start the transition from him, and Huddersfield at home should be one we could do it, but at the moment I'm not sure. Kitching is surely being groomed as his successor in terms of organising but he looked a bit shaky in his cameo.

MR is more likely to keep the two up top, but he starts Palmer and/or Wright then he'll be facing criticism about picking favourites,

fernandopartridge

Wilson
Lati Fadz Binks
MvE Eccles Kelly Dasilva
Ayari Saka*
Godden

Collins, Kitching, Bidwell, Thomas, Allen*, Palmer, Simms, Wright, + 1

Hopefully MvE will be fit. If not as we're at home I'd let Sakamoto play RWB and bring Allen into AM.

Fadz was a bit poor and I'd like to be able to start the transition from him, and Huddersfield at home should be one we could do it, but at the moment I'm not sure. Kitching is surely being groomed as his successor in terms of organising but he looked a bit shaky in his cameo.

MR is more likely to keep the two up top, but he starts Palmer and/or Wright then he'll be facing criticism about picking favourites,
No way is Sakamoto playing RWB from the start if ever again. It's more likely that Eccles will play there or possibly even Latibeaudiere.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No way is Sakamoto playing RWB from the start if ever again. It's more likely that Eccles will play there or possibly even Latibeaudiere.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I'm not saying that will happen, certainly not after MR's comments.

I was just thinking that at home against Huddersfield we should be looking to get at them, and having Eccles at RWB isn't going to do that.

I guess we could just play Kelly as a single DCM and have Ayari and Saka as two ACM's

slowpoke

MacFadz out, time is catching up I’m afraid. New back line Thomas, Binks, Kitching. J.Lo in front at cdm where he plays for Jamaica. Allen to come in, then at the moment with Sheaf out injured take your pick on Eccles, Ayari, Kelly. Saka. If MvE is injured put Eccles or J.Lo there not Sakamoto. Up front Godden and either or the other two.

johnwillomagic

I'd make quite a few changes and switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Godden in the 3 but effectively playing further forward than the other two
playing just behind Sims as a target man.

Collins GK
Latz RB
Bidwell LB
Thomas CB
Kitching CB
Kelly DCM
Allen DCM
Ayari AM
Sakamoto AM
Godden AM
Sims ST (Target Man)

That's my preferred XI have a feeling MR side will be nothing like it - regardless this is almost a must win game!

Covcraig@bury

Over the years surely you must be used to it.
Yes , but spaffing all this money I like all was expecting better . When you look at teams above us who have not invested because they just never had the money seem to be flying. We can all say it’s early days and they need to gel , but that’s the same for everyone surely?

napolimp

The actual team is going to be...

Wilson

Thomas Fadz Latibeaudiare

Sakamoto Eccles Kelly DaSilva

Palmer

Godden Wright

I would like to see...

Wilson

Thomas Fadz Latibeaudiare

Sakamoto Eccles Ayari DaSilva

Allen

Godden Simms

Offhegoes

I'd make quite a few changes and switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Godden in the 3 but effectively playing further forward than the other two
playing just behind Sims as a target man.

Collins GK
Latz RB
Bidwell LB
Thomas CB
Kitching CB
Kelly DCM
Allen DCM
Ayari AM
Sakamoto AM
Godden AM
Sims ST (Target Man)

That's my preferred XI have a feeling MR side will be nothing like it - regardless this is almost a must win game!
Allen DM? Godden AM? Latz RB?
No chance. If we did play that formation I'd play Eccles at RB and Latz at DCM, with Allen in for Sakamoto at AM.

shmmeee

Think this is the system I’m happiest with now:

Collins
MvE Latibeaudiere Kitching/Binks Bidwell
Allen Eccles Ayari
Sakamoto Godden Wright

Bit more energy and cover in the centre hopefully with enough forward momentum. Can move to a 4231 with Allen or Ayari pushing up, or a 451 out of possession. When Sheaf is back he could even drop back to a back three. Eccles to cover MvE on his runs, Wright gets a bit more freedom to just run at them. Saka gets to play as a wide forward. Godden gets to goal hang and if he drops off Simms can come in. O’Hare can come in for Wright or Saka. When January comes either change it up, or bring in better quality at CM to replace Allen/Eccles.

napolimp

Allen DM? Godden AM? Latz RB?
No chance. If we did play that formation I'd play Eccles at RB and Latz at DCM, with Allen in for Sakamoto at AM.

Also not playing any wide men, and with that formation your full backs wouldn't really be able to get forward.

Warwickhunt

there is no energy in the team! thats either tactics or the players not wanting to play that way!

Users who are viewing this thread