Match Thread Huddersfield (H) Mon 25/09 (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

My team assuming MVE not fit to play - playing a 4-2-3-1 I wouldn't expect full backs as such to get back much.

Latz played Right back for Swansea and would be solid option

Allen played in DCM role before and would try him there as not sure he's 100% ready for ACM role

Width would come from Sakamoto free to play down either flank in ACM role and also from Sims and Godden at times running channels
Godden actually has a very good cross on him!

Anyhow as others have said it's what I would like to happen but will never actually happen - ts a sign that virtually non-one agrees on start xi that team has had a relatively poor start to the season mind!

Greggs

If van Ewijk is injured, can Dasilva play on the right?
I'd like to see Bidwell back involved in the squad if possible.

Be good to also get Jamie Allen an hour or so on the pitch
Sub Palmer after 30 ;)

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

clint van damme

My team assuming MVE not fit to play - playing a 4-2-3-1 I wouldn't expect full backs as such to get back much.

Latz played Right back for Swansea and would be solid option

Allen played in DCM role before and would try him there as not sure he's 100% ready for ACM role

Width would come from Sakamoto free to play down either flank in ACM role and also from Sims and Godden at times running channels
Godden actually has a very good cross on him!

Anyhow as others have said it's what I would like to happen but will never actually happen - ts a sign that virtually non-one agrees on start xi that team has had a relatively poor start to the season mind!

Fairly sure we've tried Allen at DCM before and he was poor.

Grendel

He too lightweight and gets lost. He’s best as an extra man offering an option and buzzing about IMO.

hes an effective player that links the midfield - he’s hopefully fully fit soon and we can then have a competitive midfield choice that means we can ditch palmer from the first 11

SBT

Robins isn’t going to start Sakamoto at wing back less than a week after digging him out and publicly admitting he’s not a defender

Would like (assuming MVE is out):

Collins
Latibeaudiere - Fadz - Kitching
Eccles - Kelly - Ayari - DaSilva
Sakamoto
Godden - Simms

Will get:

Wilson
Latibeaudiere - Fadz - Binks
Palmer
Godden - Wright

hamil99

Facebook User
This is the team I'd go for. Should be enough to beat Huddersfield at home, slightly worried about the new manager bounce, but I still think we will take it 2-1.

GK: Wilson
RWB: MVE/Eccles (Depending on MVE's injury)
RCB: Lati
CB: Thomas
LCB: Kitching
LWB: Dasilva
DM: Kelly
CM: Ayari
AM: Saka
ST: Godden
ST: Simms

shmmeee

hes an effective player that links the midfield - he’s hopefully fully fit soon and we can then have a competitive midfield choice that means we can ditch palmer from the first 11

He is, I think he’ll go in to the box and Ayari will play over Palmer.

Gint11

I really hope MR try’s something different but can’t see i
Godden has none of the attributes you need to play up top on your own ..:

We don’t have a choice. Wright and Simms doing sweet FA

Covcraig@bury

I would like to see Simms and Wright do the half time shootout challenge just to see if they can hit the target without a goalie… I’m not convinced they will but it’s worth them trying . And you never know they could win 2 tickets for the club Coventry for the next game 🤦‍♂️

ProfessorbyGrace

Going for an unconventional approach here:

Collins/Wilson
Thomas Lati Kitching
MVE/Cake DaSilva
Ayari Kelly
Allen Tatsu
Godden/Simms

I feel the merits of a box midfield have to re-explored at this point. Drop Palmer and Wright, and give Tatsu and Simms a go.

1-0 City, PUSB.

Edited to reflect the legal amount of players needed for an EFL match. 🙄

Last edited:

Covcraig@bury

Going for an unconventional approach here:

Collins/Wilson
Thomas Lati Kitching
MVE/Cake DaSilva
Ayari Kelly
Allen Tatsu
Godden Simms

I feel the merits of a box midfield have to re-explored at this point. Drop Palmer and Wright, and give Tatsu and Simms a go.

1-0 City, PUSB.
I like the 2 goalie approach, and I’m sure it’s not illegal as long as we have 11 players on the pitch 😉🤷‍♂️worth a try

ProfessorbyGrace

It was the innovative 32222 formation that caught my eye.
I spent ages using the space bar to put them all in the right positions, only for it to turn out like that when I posted it.

Then the obvious numerical problem, which I attribute to inherent cretinism. 👍🏻

Hertsccfc

Robins isn’t going to start Sakamoto at wing back less than a week after digging him out and publicly admitting he’s not a defender

Would like (assuming MVE is out):

Collins
Latibeaudiere - Fadz - Kitching
Sakamoto
Godden - Simms

Will get:

Wilson
Latibeaudiere - Fadz - Binks
Palmer
Godden - Wright
Just interested to know what you saw in Kitching on Tuesday to prefer him over Binks?

covcity4life

Think Eccles might go rWB and Allen plays centre mid

He didn't seem impressed with sakamoto losing his man for goal

clint van damme

Think Eccles might go rWB and Allen plays centre mid

He didn't seem impressed with sakamoto losing his man for goal

I think he'll use one of the other defenders there.
We're so short in the middle I can't see him moving Eccles.
I'd bring Allen in for Palmer, he surely can't start after last week.

shmmeee

System needs a change. Can’t keep shuffling the deckchairs, we simple don’t have the players to play two pivots or the strikers for the box.

Boicey

With Kelly and Eccles, Robins formation is basically 7 0 3.
Maybe at home we could try 4 4 2?
Kitching, Bidwell(?) coming in to defence, Allen, Ayari in the middle and Saka wide, Simms and Godden upfront (and yes I havent named 11 players. Just think 4 4 2 might help us connect better)

Great_Expectations

Needs a shake up and if Robins wants to play at a higher tempo then we need more forward thinking players on the pitch.

Not sure the clamour to get Kitching in - other than the fact we paid for him. Binks has looked decent and Kitching looked ponderous on Tuesday (accepting it was only a 20 minute cameo).

I would go;

Wilson
Lati McFadzean Binks
MVE Eccles Ayari DaSilva
Sakamoto
Godden Simms

Palmer and Wright deserve to be dropped, and coming on as an impact sub suits Wright more than the other two as he has pace (we’ll ignore the fact he’s an expensive super sub for now).

McFadzean didn’t have the strongest game on Tuesday but despite our abundance of CB’s not sure any suit central CB. Thomas is closest but he likes to roam forwards which is restricted at CB.

It’s too early for a must win league position wise, but from a morale and momentum perspective we need it. The positive feels from last year are eroding pretty quick.

Essexrobbie

At the risk of sounding derogatory to the players, the diamond thing is just too complicated unless you are in a side that knows the way each other plays. We have had a lot of changes and surely bedding them in with a simple 442 would sort out everything. Play Sakamoto as the wide midfielder safe in the knowledge that there is a full back behind him to cover the space. Id be interested if any of you guys play/played in the diamond for your clubs and how you found it was to play?

Users who are viewing this thread