Match Thread Huddersfield (A) Saturday 1st May, 3 pm (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Mountain Dew and Carling. Trust me.

Well. Trust 16 year old me.

Maybe don’t trust me.

Sky Blue Harry H

Mountain Dew and Carling. Trust me.

Well. Trust 16 year old me.

Maybe don’t trust me.

While we're on dubious 'drinks', anybody remember a goddamn awful drink called Clan Dew
1619806995675.png was a drink my mates (and me, occasionally) used to neck if in a hurry to get 'drunk'. Never hated a drink so much, before or since (described as a blend of whisky and wine?!?)

Sky Blue Harry H

Sure can SBHH, I can concur it was 100% pure filth.
It was dreadful stuff.
Glad I'm not the only one who had to suffer! When I googled it, it said it came out in the 80s, but I'm convinced we were drinking it in the late 70s.

Amcoventry

Given we are safe I predict there will be less comments about the referee than usual!

Sick Boy

Robins says Tavares will be with the first team tomorrow & has intimated a younger squad for next week.
It’d be interesting to see if he could step up and be a 4th choice striker for next season. Would make sense from a development perspective with someone being brought in to challenge for a role in the first team.

Legia Sky Blue

Judging from this thread it looks like us supporters are already on the beach, let's hope the player aren't!

Anyhow, anyone remember this from the 80's?

Attachments

• Red Biddy.jpg
    Red Biddy.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 11

better days

Getting back to the game
Not sure how we will approach it today or who will start in Kelly's place. Eccles plays that role for U23s so maybe him?
Doubt Tavares will but may be thrown on at some point

robbiethemole

Looks like the options are:- wild eyed Keogh v flowing locks,beautiful hair Godden or v Gallic,smouldering aggression Biamou. What would your choice be?

Sky Blue Harry H

Huddersfield play out from the back. This needs to be a repeat of the Brentford game where we press them. Sarr, in particular, gives the ball away a lot, and Keogh has a lack of pace. Get O'Hare to chase them down!

cc84cov

Getting back to the game
Not sure how we will approach it today or who will start in Kelly's place. Eccles plays that role for U23s so maybe him?
Doubt Tavares will but may be thrown on at some point
Hope Tavares gets a run out today

Macca

Judging from this thread it looks like us supporters are already on the beach, let's hope the player aren't!

Anyhow, anyone remember this from the 80's?

we certainly are and more than happy if the players are. Job is done these are friendlies. Still celebrating😂

shepardo01

Huddersfield play out from the back. This needs to be a repeat of the Brentford game where we press them. Sarr, in particular, gives the ball away a lot, and Keogh has a lack of pace. Get O'Hare to chase them down!
Their pitch is a hell of a lot better than the surface at StAndrews.
The pitch had a big impact on our press that day. Brentford couldn't cope with the surface.
Interesting that in the games where we just got rid, banged it forward and picked up pieces or set pieces, we won three on the trot.
Back to a slightly more footballing style last week and we struggled....
Who'd take a season of industrial style football next year if it yielded better results??

Users who are viewing this thread