Match Thread Huddersfield (A) Saturday 1st May, 3 pm (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Robins has said Tavares and Reid are not close to it and have to earn a chance rather than just playing because we have nothing to play for. Suspect Eccles, Bapaga and Burroughs are the ones likely to get minutes given their inclusions in the squad.
Haven't seen Reid or Tamara's but agree with that approach

larry_david

Think he's said Reid is shattered. I imagine championship training standards are tougher than spl so he's probably still trying to get up to speed.

Tavares may have just put his name in the hat for a squad appearance now

TewkesburySkyBlue

55years ago memories of another her massive Sky Blue day a fixture not mentioned much. Final day of our season playing Huddersfield away they were second we were third and had to win to overtake them and hopefully win promotion. Thousands of Cov travelled up by car, coach and special trains packed out both ends, we won 2-0 and we all celebrated on the pitch but our other near rivals Southampton won 3-2 at Plymouth and had two more games to play v relegated whipping boys Leyton Orient and runaway champions Manchester City. They beat Orient to level with us on points but with their better goal average only had to make sure they didn’t lose heavily to Man City, to finish second and go up, they drew so we had to wait another twelve months,
The game was on match of the day and is on YouTube you can see the Cov fans behind both goals and walking round the pitch to better seeing areas.
I was there at Leeds Road. The reason City fans were walking around the pitch ( I was one of them) was because we were being pelted from Huddersfield fans above us . My first experience of football hooliganism so I bloody hope we stuff them on Saturday !!

Paxman II

A win with one of our strongest teams we have been able to field all season. All change on 60 minutes!

Magwitch1

Robins has said Tavares and Reid are not close to it and have to earn a chance rather than just playing because we have nothing to play for. Suspect Eccles, Bapaga and Burroughs are the ones likely to get minutes given their inclusions in the squad.
Taveres scored a hat-trick and had two assists in yesterday’s 6-1 rout of Cardiff, that might earn him a chance on the bench.
Josh Reid played centre-back and is left sided so perhaps something for the future.

Garryb80

Given that MR and Huddersfield mutually parted company in 2014 after a brief and largely unsuccessful time as manager, one would think he'd love to put one over them in their own back yard. Thoughts?
He did leave just prior to them getting promoted so he helped lay the bricks of their success. Wouldn't say it was unsuccesaful

Bad Boy

He did leave just prior to them getting promoted so he helped lay the bricks of their success. Wouldn't say it was unsuccesaful
It wasn't great Garryb80 to be fair.

P68 W23 D14 L31 Win % 33.8

Avoided relegation to League One on the final day of 2012/13.
Finished 17th season 2013/14.
Parted company after the first match of season 2014/15.

Drawing up plans rather than laying bricks would be more of an accurate assessment of MRs tenue at Huddersfield.

Their loss, our gain.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Revenge is a dish best served very cold. You couldn’t let it go Tewksbury?
Haha yes of course Riyadh I’d forgotten until Magwhichs post
Revenge is a dish best served very cold. You couldn’t let it go Tewksbury?
Yes of course you are right Riyadh tbh I’d forgotten it until Magwitch’s post just couldn’t resist the opportunity to put the boot in 😂😂

Happy_Martian

We're both safe, some of our players heads will be planning their off season, others should be playing for their contracts next season.

Huddersfield 2-1 Coventry. 4 corners in the game, 1 booking for us. 1 minute of injury time in the first half and 3 in the second as noone will be going fully into tackles so zero injuries.

Millwall the following week may be different.

kg82

With the social media boycott this weekend, will it mean we won’t know the team news till kick off? I suppose CWR will tell us, but I’ve forgotten how we used to get team news before the internet!

Garryb80

With the social media boycott this weekend, will it mean we won’t know the team news till kick off? I suppose CWR will tell us, but I’ve forgotten how we used to get team news before the internet!
Be on the website I assume

Brighton Sky Blue

They’re always on iFollow at the same time

andrew.roberts

We're both safe, some of our players heads will be planning their off season, others should be playing for their contracts next season.

Huddersfield 2-1 Coventry. 4 corners in the game, 1 booking for us. 1 minute of injury time in the first half and 3 in the second as noone will be going fully into tackles so zero injuries.

Millwall the following week may be different.
I think that Huddersfield can still be overtaken by
Rotherham mathematically, however it seems unlikely that that will happen.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

I think that Huddersfield can still be overtaken by
Rotherham mathematically, however it seems unlikely that that will happen.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

For Huddersfield to go down, they'd need lose both their last games, Rotherham to win all 3 of theirs AND Derby to win both their last 2. I agree that mathematically, its possible. But I'd extend your "unlikely" a bit to "so is me winning the lottery while orbiting Mars in a shoebox powered by Mountain Dew." Based on current form, it's not going to happen. :LOL: 🤔

Hobo

Biamou should have scored on Saturday albeit he was on the stretch. However out of the 4 main strikers he looked the most likely to create something. He doesn't score enough granted but he offers in other ways.

Ok he was only a few yards out but the way the ball came through to him that was a difficult chance. He did well to anticipate the opportunity.

Has he missed easier chances from further out? Yes. Finishing is his weakness.

Hobo

Little worrying Reid is so far off. Suggests we need two LWBs in the summer.
Not really. Young man settling in new area with new team and has been injured. Also stepping up to Championship. So why rush him? Let him find his feet and see how he goes.

Happy_Martian

Haha mountain dew.
Sounds like a supermarkets own brand bargain whisky 🥃.

American fizzy drink so practically full of sugar. Almost like an intravenous shot of diabetes. But when chilled, it tastes lovely ;)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Marosi/Wilson
Rose Fadz Hyam
Dabo Hamer Eccles Reid/Newton
O'Hare
Walker Godden​

Marosi/Wilson, Dacosta, Rowe, Reid/Newton, James/Young*, J. Burroughs, Bapaga, Tavares, Gyo/Biamou*

I'm working on the assumption of players I expect to be here next year.

I think both keepers will be unless we get an offer for them - we won't pay up contracts.
I'd happily put James in if it's likely we'll sign him but if not cos he's out of our price range I'd let Eccles progress.
Similar with McCallum and Gyokeres - if they're likely to be back let them play - if not give our own a bit of experience.
Biamou is a tricky one. if he has been playing with a minor injury let it rest or if he's not going to have his contract renewed leave him out.
I've put Dabo in but tempted to give Dacosta a bit more time - if Dabo has any kind of injury then give him the rest now and get him 100% for next season (although same applies for anyone carrying an injury).
Was going to put N'gandu on the bench but he got injured in U23.

Happy_Martian

Its disgusting - just pour a bag of sugar all over your mouth

Too harsh. Disgusting is a matter of taste. You may like something that I hate. I actually do like Dew as a refreshing drink but I wouldn't want to try and finish a 6 pack in one sitting.

Mcbean

Too harsh. Disgusting is a matter of taste. You may like something that I hate. I actually do like Dew as a refreshing drink but I wouldn't want to try and finish a 6 pack in one sitting.
I found it too sweet to drink - Did you ever try the stuff they call Red - its like caffeine with 10 x the strength ?

Happy_Martian

I found it too sweet to drink - Did you ever try the stuff they call Red - its like caffeine with 10 x the strength ?

Like I said, a cool 500ml bottle out of the fridge is a nice drink to quench the thirst. More than 1 though ? No thanks :) And I've seen and heard of Red. I'm pleased to say I've never tried it ;) Same with Red Bull. Just doesn't appeal and the extra caffeine gives me palpitations thinking about the health risks :)

Users who are viewing this thread