Match Thread Huddersfield (A) Saturday 1st May, 3 pm (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Would go pretty attacking for this one:

Wilson

Da Costa
Osti
McF
Hyam
McCallum

Hamer
James

O'Hare

Walker
Godden

D

Deleted member 11652

Marosi

Rose
Fadz
Hyam

Burroughs
Hamer
Eccles
James
Reid (if fit?)

Gyokeres
Walker

Let Godden and O’hare go on their holidays. I imagine we’ll see Baka get a run out, might get to see Bapaga also. If Shipley is off in the summer, let him have his farewell appearance against Milwall.

I’ve seen enough of Dacosta, let’s give Burroughs a chance to show where he’s at.

No point playing Ostigard either unless he’s returning.

Gyokeres another start to see whether we should be pursuing him.

Brighton Sky Blue

Marosi

Rose
Fadz
Hyam

Burroughs
Hamer
Eccles
James
Reid (if fit?)

Gyokeres
Walker

Let Godden and O’hare go on their holidays. I imagine we’ll see Baka get a run out, might get to see Bapaga also. If Shipley is off in the summer, let him have his farewell appearance against Milwall.

I’ve seen enough of Dacosta, let’s give Burroughs a chance to show where he’s at.

No point playing Ostigard either unless he’s returning.

Gyokeres another start to see whether we should be pursuing him.

True, don't mind seeing a mix but would sooner we not repeat yesterday's front two.

D

Deleted member 11652

True, don't mind seeing a mix but would sooner we not repeat yesterday's front two.

I don’t want to see Biamou or Wilson in Coventry shirts again.

I don’t think there’s much to be gained from the last 2 fixtures so we might as well use them to learn about the youngsters rather than playing the players we already know aren’t good enough.

I would hate for O’hare to get injured in these games and there’s no point putting Godden through any pain

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t think there’s much to be gained from the last 2 fixtures so we might as well use them to learn about the youngsters rather than playing the players we already know aren’t good enough.

I would hate for O’hare to get injured in these games and there’s no point putting Godden through any pain

Agree but I'd like to make some effort to win at the same time

no_loyalty

Wilson
Dabo
Osti
Fadz
Hyam
McCallum
Eccles
James
O’Hare
Gyo
Godden

Grendel

Biamou should have scored on Saturday albeit he was on the stretch. However out of the 4 main strikers he looked the most likely to create something. He doesn't score enough granted but he offers in other ways.

he has less goals per minute than the other 3 and less assists per minute than walker and Godden

skyblueelephant76

Huddersfield can still get relegated so I can't see us throwing youngsters into the game.

Paxman II

U get we are safe and trying fring players to gain experience is no bad thing but away from home and we have players who are back from injury now who basically make our strongest team (bar Kelly) and I think Robins will want to see that in action before substitutes enter play, so:

WILSON
OSTIGARD
MC.FAZ
HYAM

DABO
MC.CALLUM

HAMER JAMES
O'HARE

GODDEN WALKER

SUBS COMING ON: ECCLES, BAPAGA, BIAMOU, ROSE, GYKORES

I think the final game will see Shipley, Allen having run outs and possibly a sub appearance from Ried.

steve101

he has less goals per minute than the other 3 and less assists per minute than walker and Godden
On Saturday we kept the ball in the final third far better in the first half with Biamou and Gykores and / or made their defence make mistakes far more than the second half with Godden and Walker. Undoubtedly Godden and Walker are more natural goalscorers, but I am not convinced yet that they make an ideal strike partnership.

steve101

U get we are safe and trying fring players to gain experience is no bad thing but away from home and we have players who are back from injury now who basically make our strongest team (bar Kelly) and I think Robins will want to see that in action before substitutes enter play, so:

WILSON
OSTIGARD
MC.FAZ
HYAM

DABO
MC.CALLUM

HAMER JAMES
O'HARE

GODDEN WALKER

SUBS COMING ON: ECCLES, BAPAGA, BIAMOU, ROSE, GYKORES

I think the final game will see Shipley, Allen having run outs and possibly a sub appearance from Ried.
I think Eccles may be given a start

Magwitch1

I think MR was hopping mad about our performance Saturday he might ring the changes for the Huddersfield game. I hope he gives Josh Reid a run out, Eccles a full game in in his preferred position and Bapaga at least a half game.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think MR was hopping mad about our performance Saturday he might ring the changes for the Huddersfield game. I hope he gives Josh Reid a run out, Eccles a full game in in his preferred position and Bapaga at least a half game.

I think if we hadn’t played 3 high intensity games in a week we’d have delivered a stronger performance. Huddersfield are bereft of confidence and there for the taking, don’t see why we should make their job easier.

shmmeee

Maroši
Rose McFadz Hyam
Dabo Hamer Eccles Reid
O’Hare
Godden Walker

S: Wilson, Dacosta, Newton, Thompson, Burroughs, Ngandu, Bapaga, Biamou, Tavares

Play people who will be here next season, get some minutes into them, give a few kids a run out at “the level”. Basically the next two games are early preseason friendlies.

Brighton Sky Blue

Maroši
Rose McFadz Hyam
Dabo Hamer Eccles Reid
O’Hare
Godden Walker

S: Wilson, Dacosta, Newton, Thompson, Burroughs, Ngandu, Bapaga, Biamou, Tavares

Play people who will be here next season, get some minutes into them, give a few kids a run out at “the level”. Basically the next two games are early preseason friendlies.

Yeah, though I’d prefer not to end the season with 3 defeats!

cov donkey kick

A strong side with all kids on the bench like bapaga,ngando,ried.and go for another away win setting a marker down for next season.they look cooked and could go down.

Sky Blue Harry H

Osti won’t be playing

Still injured? Have they said what was wrong with him? As long as he is not risking aggravating whatever kept him out, it would be nice for Rose to have a couple of outings again. I'd like Bapaga to get some minutes too.

Magwitch1

55years ago memories of another her massive Sky Blue day a fixture not mentioned much. Final day of our season playing Huddersfield away they were second we were third and had to win to overtake them and hopefully win promotion. Thousands of Cov travelled up by car, coach and special trains packed out both ends, we won 2-0 and we all celebrated on the pitch but our other near rivals Southampton won 3-2 at Plymouth and had two more games to play v relegated whipping boys Leyton Orient and runaway champions Manchester City. They beat Orient to level with us on points but with their better goal average only had to make sure they didn’t lose heavily to Man City, to finish second and go up, they drew so we had to wait another twelve months,
The game was on match of the day and is on YouTube you can see the Cov fans behind both goals and walking round the pitch to better seeing areas.

rhino1002

55years ago memories of another her massive Sky Blue day a fixture not mentioned much. Final day of our season playing Huddersfield away they were second we were third and had to win to overtake them and hopefully win promotion. Thousands of Cov travelled up by car, coach and special trains packed out both ends, we won 2-0 and we all celebrated on the pitch but our other near rivals Southampton won 3-2 at Plymouth and had two more games to play v relegated whipping boys Leyton Orient and runaway champions Manchester City. They beat Orient to level with us on points but with their better goal average only had to make sure they didn’t lose heavily to Man City, to finish second and go up, they drew so we had to wait another twelve months,
The game was on match of the day and is on YouTube you can see the Cov fans behind both goals and walking round the pitch to better seeing areas.
ive just watched it on youtube
that match was 12 months before i watched my first CCFC v Derby County April 1967
it makes you realise how poor the standard was in those days
i know the ball was like a lead weight compared with modern day balls but it was dreadful to watch
it makes you realise that trying to compare players from different eras is nigh on impossible
The pitches, level of fitness, the match ball, tactics were so much different in those day but i remember it all so differently
if you looked at it now, of nearly everyone out there none would even come close to playing in the modern game.

Great memories but leave the past in the past

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maroši
Rose McFadz Hyam
Dabo Hamer Eccles Reid
O’Hare
Godden Walker

Not far off what I'd do. No problem playing a strong starting XI but want to see a lot of the youngsters on the bench and given some minutes.

Main stipulation for me are that if they're not going to be here next year (unless we are going to try and get a loanee back or considering signing them permanently) they should be left out. Very rare we get an opportunity to look at fringe players because we've nothing to really play for.

Hertsccfc

Not far off what I'd do. No problem playing a strong starting XI but want to see a lot of the youngsters on the bench and given some minutes.

Main stipulation for me are that if they're not going to be here next year (unless we are going to try and get a loanee back or considering signing them permanently) they should be left out. Very rare we get an opportunity to look at fringe players because we've nothing to really play for.
I understand but do we want to annoy Norwich by not playing McCallum. Regardless whether he comes back Peemier League clubs might be less inclined to loan us players if we drop their players and play untried youngsters.

procdoc

I understand but do we want to annoy Norwich by not playing McCallum. Regardless whether he comes back Peemier League clubs might be less inclined to loan us players if we drop their players and play untried youngsters.
McCallum has started virtually every game since he rejoined us. I don’t think Norwich will mind him sitting out the last couple of games

wingy

I don't expect these to be any worse than Preston and hope we get more intensity and desire back in our game.
Just like the games in the week prior.

SlowerThanPlatt

Robins has said Tavares and Reid are not close to it and have to earn a chance rather than just playing because we have nothing to play for. Suspect Eccles, Bapaga and Burroughs are the ones likely to get minutes given their inclusions in the squad.

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread