How many signings? (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Godden is injured half the time and Tavares needs to go out on loan - we will need 2 at least.

I wasn’t counting Tavares. I think two plus Godden if we’re talking bare minimums is fine. Ideally I’d want to replace Godden with better same as Kelly, Moore, etc. But we wouldn’t be moving backwards if we had two quality strikers ahead of him.

stupot07

I would hope the club signs about 8 players, with 5 or 6 of them ready for first XI action.

But the problem is integrating that many new players. Both Villa and Forest have struggled recently through signing too many players.

Ideally, a team that was within one penalty kick of promotion would keep the squad intact and just add one or two players. But that isn’t the case for CCFC.

Risky times
We need 3 centrebacks and 2 right wingbacks ready for the first team before you've even looked at strengthening the rest of the squad or replacing Vik (and possibly Gus).

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

We need 3 centrebacks and 2 right wingbacks ready for the first team before you've even looked at strengthening the rest of the squad or replacing Vik (and possibly Gus).

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I think in a push Burroughs and Eccles can fill in at RWB reserve. Did I imagine it or can Dasilva play there too?

Speedie's Head

I wasn’t counting Tavares. I think two plus Godden if we’re talking bare minimums is fine. Ideally I’d want to replace Godden with better same as Kelly, Moore, etc. But we wouldn’t be moving backwards if we had two quality strikers ahead of him.
Godden is on a goal every three games in the Championship and not all of those were starts by any means in a team set up around Vik - players with those numbers are not ten a penny.

Sick Boy

Godden is on a goal every three games in the Championship and not all of those were starts by any means in a team set up around Vik - players with those numbers are not ten a penny.
Unfortunately he’s likely to be out injured for a large proportion of games - he’s a decent back-up/impact sub though.

shmmeee

Absolute bare minimum is this 18:

Wilson
Burroughs Fadz Bidwell Dasilva
Eccles Sheaf
Allen Hamer Palmer
Vik

S: Moore, Lusala, Di Trollio, Kelly, Howley, Rus, Godden

Sure, and I’d not get rid, but if we played two up regularly ideally I’d want him as a fourth. His goal scoring record is great, but he’s increasingly carried as the team progresses in quality. And his injury record isn’t great, so you wouldn’t want to rely on him being there all season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Absolute bare minimum is this 18:

Wilson
Burroughs Fadz Bidwell Dasilva
Eccles Sheaf
Allen Hamer Palmer
Vik

S: Moore, Lusala, Di Trollio, Kelly, Howley, Rus, Godden

Sure, and I’d not get rid, but if we played two up regularly ideally I’d want him as a fourth. His goal scoring record is great, but he’s increasingly carried as the team progresses in quality. And his injury record isn’t great, so you wouldn’t want to rely on him being there all season.

assume excluded O'Hare and Tavares as injured?

AFCCOVENTRY

Hope I’m wrong but when he’s back fit I don’t see Tavares ever being anything more than a player we throw on the pitch for the last twenty minutes maximum when we are chasing a goal

Other than that strike against PNE he’s never actually impressed me

He needs to go on loan to L1

Hobo

Hope I’m wrong but when he’s back fit I don’t see Tavares ever being anything more than a player we throw on the pitch for the last twenty minutes maximum when we are chasing a goal

Other than that strike against PNE he’s never actually impressed me

And unfortunately scoring that goal against PNE skewed a lot of people's opinions of him and got them thinking he was the next wonder kid. Just as some fans thought Ponticelli was going to be a goal machine, he just needed to be played in the side.

alexccfc99

And unfortunately scoring that goal against PNE skewed a lot of people's opinions of him and got them thinking he was the next wonder kid. Just as some fans thought Ponticelli was going to be a goal machine, he just needed to be played in the side.
He looked woefully out his depth at times in the first half of last season before his injury - I remember him getting thrown on in a game we were losing (I think it was Burnley) and he looked like a rabbit in the headlamps

Tying him up to such a long deal after one goal is one of our more odd decisions since we’ve been back at this level

Hobo

He looked woefully out his depth at times in the first half of last season before his injury - I remember him getting thrown on in a game we were losing (I think it was Burnley) and he looked like a rabbit in the headlamps

Tying him up to such a long deal after one goal is one of our more odd decisions since we’ve been back at this level

Well it is not just length of contract it is the value of the contract, so it still might be a relatively cheap contract.

They will work on his upper body strength and his first touch. So I think their is still some potential there but I think he is more likely to be loaned out once he is back fully fit this season, rather than pitched in. I won't hold my breath waiting on his break through.

DownUnderDingo

I tell ya, if we sign only 4 players and have a shitty start. I wouldn't be surprised if Sir Mark decided to go to a team that backs people. Could be a rocky season, especially if we sell Vik and Gus in true last minute city fashion. Really losing faith in Doug too.

Sick Boy

I tell ya, if we sign only 4 players and have a shitty start. I wouldn't be surprised if Sir Mark decided to go to a team that backs people. Could be a rocky season, especially if we sell Vik and Gus in true last minute city fashion. Really losing faith in Doug too.
Yeah just like the last few seasons - he’s also put up with much worse.

Grendel

ok cobber

Users who are viewing this thread