How many signings? (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

Depends if your talking permanent or including loans. I would expect 3 or 4 to come in on a permanent basis (more if anyone else leaves) and 2 or 3 loans.

JimmyHillsbeard

Need to replace from last years squad (which seemed paper thin at times when we had 2 goalkeepers and Josh Reid on the bench)

Dabo
Rose
McNally
Doyle
Norton-Cuffy
Wilson-Esbrand (will accept that Da Silva fills this one place)
Maguire
Walker
Waghorn

And probably
Hamer
Gyökeres

That’s a deficiency of up to 11 players just to have the numbers from last year (I’m not including Hillsner or Dacosta, or Kelly who I presume will re-sign).

Don’t care if there are a few loans (which are likely to get completed towards the end of august) but we need bodies before the start of the season just to keep afloat.

shmmeee

Bare minimum: 3 CB, 1 RWB, 1 ST and Hamer

I’d hope we have a couple more in though.

slowpoke

We need a complete defence apart from the lad from Bristol, another keeper, at least one more midfielder and a striker maybe two and others to make the squad strength stronger. So I’d say about 10 by the end of August.

stupot07

Need to replace from last years squad (which seemed paper thin at times when we had 2 goalkeepers and Josh Reid on the bench)

Dabo
Rose
McNally
Doyle
Norton-Cuffy
Wilson-Esbrand (will accept that Da Silva fills this one place)
Maguire
Walker
Waghorn

And probably
Hamer
Gyökeres

That’s a deficiency of up to 11 players just to have the numbers from last year (I’m not including Hillsner or Dacosta, or Kelly who I presume will re-sign).

Don’t care if there are a few loans (which are likely to get completed towards the end of august) but we need bodies before the start of the season just to keep afloat.
You forgot Panzo

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SkyblueTexan

So far we’ve only signed a 5ft 4in player who’s slower than Dabo according to Dabo himself. We need at least 10 more quality players to make up the numbers for the ones we’ve lost. The way things look at at the moment MR and AV may need to play few minutes themselves. Glad they extended their contracts.

Alkhen

Not panicing yet. I'm sure we'll get some through the door next week.

Being in the playoffs meant we are 2 weeks behind most other teams. Especially as we didn't know what league we'd be in. I'm hoping the Vik money will open the flood gates. Also if Gus signs I have a feeling it would see our pulling power move up a level in terms of targets.

Dasilva is a good start

Last edited:

skyblue025

Pre season starts a week Monday and we currently have enough players in the squad for a 6 a side game if one of the 3 keepers plays outfield. I'd be hoping for 4 or 5 announced before they come back to at least give us a base to build from.

Terry Gibson's perm

So far we’ve only signed a 5ft 4in player who’s slower than Dabo according to Dabo himself. We need at least 10 more quality players to make up the numbers for the ones we’ve lost. The way things look at at the moment MR and AV may need to play few minutes themselves. Glad they extended their contracts.

He might be slower but you would hope he has more end product than Dabo who created pretty much nothing.

SBAndy

Pre season starts a week Monday and we currently have enough players in the squad for a 6 a side game if one of the 3 keepers plays outfield. I'd be hoping for 4 or 5 announced before they come back to at least give us a base to build from.

Mad ain’t it. And there’s actual talk of 4 signings. Maybe it’s Doug’s latest fundraising attempt - pay for a place In the starting lineup.

Martin180

Just a question regarding released players

I was always under the impression that contracts ran until the end of June ??

Happy to be proven wrong

DrPoolittle

I would hope the club signs about 8 players, with 5 or 6 of them ready for first XI action.

But the problem is integrating that many new players. Both Villa and Forest have struggled recently through signing too many players.

Ideally, a team that was within one penalty kick of promotion would keep the squad intact and just add one or two players. But that isn’t the case for CCFC.

Risky times

Terry Gibson's perm

We need to sign a minimum of 2 first team strikers, at the moment we only have Godden.

We have to spread the games and goals better we won’t get another like Vik who stays fit for virtually every game, we need theee centre backs and a right wing back badly.

SBAndy

I would hope the club signs about 8 players, with 5 or 6 of them ready for first XI action.

But the problem is integrating that many new players. Both Villa and Forest have struggled recently through signing too many players.

Ideally, a team that was within one penalty kick of promotion would keep the squad intact and just add one or two players. But that isn’t the case for CCFC.

Risky times

In fairness, Forest signed about 37 players.

shmmeee

We need two in almost every position, assuming we’re keeping the same formation we could get away with five CBs, three AMs and three ST so a squad of 21.

Currently we’ve got:

2 GK
1 RWB
2 LWB
1 CB
4 DM
3 AM
2 ST

Assuming we lose Vik that’s 7 minimum, and we might want to replace the likes of Burroughs, Kelly, and Moore with more quality and O’Hare won’t be back for some time so probably need an AM there too.

Sick Boy

We need two in almost every position, assuming we’re keeping the same formation we could get away with five CBs, three AMs and three ST so a squad of 21.

Currently we’ve got:

2 GK
1 RWB
2 LWB
1 CB
4 DM
3 AM
2 ST

Assuming we lose Vik that’s 7 minimum, and we might want to replace the likes of Burroughs, Kelly, and Moore with more quality and O’Hare won’t be back for some time so probably need an AM there too.
Godden is injured half the time and Tavares needs to go out on loan - we will need 2 at least.

Users who are viewing this thread