Hope For Sky Blues Academy (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

From what I have heard that in the Trusts discussions with Wasps and CSF the matter of the JR's was mentioned but was not an issue - to a long term Ricoh deal yes but not to the academy. The discussions were not centre on the Ricoh - one battle at a time! But as usual never let the facts get in the way of a good rant - a good frothing at the mouth pointless rant is a great way to end a week!!

ashbyjan

I'm happy to back the trust on this, but I still think the Trust should be more hardlined against WASPS and CSF and Higgs for putting us in this position in the first place.

I can just see this as another PR exercise of Wasps and CSF showing willing, then blaming the club if it can't work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stu - all sides have shown willing up to now to work to save the academy which on the surface is obviously a good thing but if any side now goes back on their word and refuses to discuss matters or is totally intransigent then I am sure the Trust will highlight this and people can then make up their own minds. As I keep saying the only matter that needs sorting is a viable ongoing Academy - I don't at this stage care if its down to Wasps deliberately building their training centre on the outdoor pitch out of spite or CSF building a pool for the council to piss on Joys chips or CCFC spouting crap about building their own stadium and academy elsewhere - pointing fingers and allotting blame will not save the academy. This is the first step to doing that and lets hope all parties are genuine in their stated intentions.

Steve.B50

Just posted on Trust website - looks like Steve and his crew have been busy!

Hope For Sky Blues Academy

The importance of the academy to CCFC cannot be overemphasised – it has produced a large number of very talented and successful players for the club over the years, many of whom have graced the Sky Blue shirt with distinction and some who have moved on to pastures new thus providing vital revenue for the club.

Recent developments at the Alan Edward Higgs centre, where the academy is based, have cast doubt over the future of this important component of the Coventry City infrastructure. The club have been based at the centre for a decade but in the past couple of years their relationship with the centre owners and management has been fractious and even broken when the academy left, albeit temporarily, their traditional base. On their return they did so on a finite contact that expires in July 2017 and have block booked the facilities they require on a rolling 3 month basis.

With the new centre owners stated plans to convert the vital indoor pitch into a swimming pool followed by the additional blow that Wasps were to build a training facility at the Higgs City fans were thrown into a furore. The new Wasps structure would be constructed on the site of the current outdoor pitch and Wasps would also take possession of several of the outdoor pitches.

All this news has disconcerted Sky Blues fans almost universally and the Trust immediately called upon all parties involved to put past differences aside and work together to ensure the continuation of a Sky Blue Academy.

To this end the Trust had several meetings and discussions with CSF, Wasps and CCFC to get their perspective on events and get their assurance that they were willing to enter into meaningful discussions with each other. All three parties held their own views on what had gone on previously but all indicated that they would be willing to work with the others to try and ensure a positive outcome. The Trust has even offered to host and broker the talks in necessary.

CCFC are contacting the FA to discuss exactly what they need to retain the Academy as a Category 2 status or at worst Category 3. Once this has been established there will be a framework for all parties to work around. It will mean some changes and some compromise but the over-riding aim must be the continuation of an Academy at Coventry City.

Once again this proves that on going constructive dialogue is the answer. We believe that and as long as all parties are open and willing to work together then things can be achieved. Let us hope that this isn’t all just so much hot air, that people stop using the Academy as a political football and that everyone is genuine in their desire to ensure there is an Academy for CCFC now and in the future.

One small adjustment.
CCFC and CA are consulting with the Football League not the FA.
My mistake.

chiefdave

but if any side now goes back on their word and refuses to discuss matters or is totally intransigent then I am sure the Trust will highlight this and people can then make up their own minds.
That's part of the reason I'd like it on the table what CSF and Wasps can offer. Then everyone knows where they are.
Also need to sort out the matter with the pool. Don't want to get all this sorted and then 12 months later it all starts again when they build that.

olderskyblue

CCFC are contacting the FA to discuss exactly what they need to retain the Academy as a Category 2 status or at worst Category 3.

Blimey, couldn't CA just go and ask CSF, Higgs or the Waps guy? There were many on here last week saying they would all know the answers already...

Anyway, well done SBT.

Steve.B50

Thats a huge concern for me. To be going to the FA asking them to be flexible at a time when they are looking to reduce the number of academies is not the best timing to say the least.

Would be good if, while CCFC are awaiting their response from the FA, the trust could also obtain details from CSF and Wasps regarding exactly which facilities will be available to the academy and on what basis.

Important to keep driving this forward, the end of the current lease might seem a while off but we don't want to reach that point and still be waiting for answers.

Dave, we have done that.

lifeskyblue

This is a start and hopefully if fruitful discussions occur here then some of the trust that has disappeared can be rebuilt between the various parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Stu - all sides have shown willing up to now to work to save the academy which on the surface is obviously a good thing but if any side now goes back on their word and refuses to discuss matters or is totally intransigent then I am sure the Trust will highlight this and people can then make up their own minds. As I keep saying the only matter that needs sorting is a viable ongoing Academy - I don't at this stage care if its down to Wasps deliberately building their training centre on the outdoor pitch out of spite or CSF building a pool for the council to piss on Joys chips or CCFC spouting crap about building their own stadium and academy elsewhere - pointing fingers and allotting blame will not save the academy. This is the first step to doing that and lets hope all parties are genuine in their stated intentions.
Keep going, at this rate you may be in contention...
hqdefault.jpg

Grendel

No, no, no, no, no!!!

There should be no talks! People shouldn't talk of peace talks, it's all wrong, wrong, wrong and we need someone to hate so badly, they should never do or ever say anything right!

Oh..... and well done, SBT!! :)

Wasps throw a few meaningless crumbs on the floor to appease the masses and there is Otis gobbling them up.

Otis

Wasps throw a few meaningless crumbs on the floor to appease the masses and there is Otis gobbling them up.
Zzzzzzzzzz.

I am just happy that people are trying to talk to each other. I am not gobbling up any crumbs. Just want them all to sit down and talk.

You for some strange reason are obviously not happy at the thought of talks.

Why not just give in and throw the towel in then? Incredibly negative thinking to my mind

I am pleased with what the SBT are trying to do and will await to see what comes of it all rather than just dismiss it all out of hand like you.

All I want the sides to do is to sit down and discuss the situation. You seemingly are completely and totally against any talks taking place at all.

Just how negative is that? Very much so I would say.

We should all, each and every one of us as City fans applaud what the SBT are trying to do and await the outcome rather than just second guess and assume.

Captain Dart

I think "Peace in out time" will be more appropriate.
The quote from Neville Chamberlain is peace in our time, here is a contemporary newsreel.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm happy to back the trust on this, but I still think the Trust should be more hardlined against WASPS and CSF and Higgs for putting us in this position in the first place.

I can just see this as another PR exercise of Wasps and CSF showing willing, then blaming the club if it can't work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Exactly, Wasps and CSF don't want to be seen publicly to be pushing the academy even though that is actually what they want.

Grendel

Exactly, Wasps and CSF won't want to be seen publicly to be pushing the academy even though that is actually what they want.
Exactly but the likes of Otis and Dongle will swallow their bullshit.

Otis

Sometimes you are a complete arse, Grendel.

All I want is for all the sides to sit down and talk. How is that swallowing any bullshit?

State your case here and now. Is it correct that you don't want the parties to talk to each other, yes or no?

Very simple question. Yes or no?

skybluetony176

I get the impression that if the talks that the trust are arranging broker a deal that means CCFC can retain CAT 2 academy status you're going to be gutted. It's becoming more and more apparent that you enjoy playing the victim.

skybluetony176

Sometimes you are a complete arse, Grendel.

All I want is for all the sides to sit down and talk. How is that swallowing any bullshit?

State your case here and now. Is it correct that you don't want the parties to talk to each other, yes or no?

Very simple question. Yes or no?

Sometimes?

Otis

I get the impression that if the talks that the trust are arranging broker a deal that means CCFC can retain CAT 2 academy status you're going to be gutted. It's becoming more and more apparent that you enjoy playing the victim.
It really comes across like he doesn't want this football club to do well, like he really wants things to go so badly wrong for us.

Any sensible, rational thinking fan would want us to try anything and everything to try and get this club moving in the right direction and here we are only talking in terms of talks, nothing else. No bending over backwards, no crumbling to Wasps' will, JUST talks.

Who wouldn't want that?

Grendel really comes across as anti CCFC at times I find and on those occasions I find it really hard to believe he is a fellow City fan.

italiahorse

He enjoys playing the victim because using his top Jaguar management skills he likes to work out a solution to a problem.
He will channel these skills into the academy when he has finished his current project of planning his way out of a paper bag.

Last edited:

Moff

Grendel really comes across as anti CCFC at times I find and on those occasions I find it really hard to believe he is a fellow City fan.

Sorry but I think that's bullshit.

Whether you agree or disagree with his views he is a CCFC fan through and through. Don't mistake his anti CCC and Wasps stance as anything but that, he is a fan of the club. Its likes saying Italia isn't a fan of the club as he is so far up Wasps backside

*(I know Italia is also a fan of the club, it was a joke showing the small mindedness of the original accusation)

Nick

Administrator
It really comes across like he doesn't want this football club to do well, like he really wants things to go so badly wrong for us.

Any sensible, rational thinking fan would want us to try anything and everything to try and get this club moving in the right direction and here we are only talking in terms of talks, nothing else. No bending over backwards, no crumbling to Wasps' will, JUST talks.

Who wouldn't want that?

You should read the telegraph comments.

Otis

Sorry but I think that's bullshit.

Whether you agree or disagree with his views he is a CCFC fan through and through. Don't mistake his anti CCC and Wasps stance as anything but that, he is a fan of the club. Its likes saying Italia isn't a fan of the club as he is so far up Wasps backside

*(I know Italia is also a fan of the club, it was a joke showing the small mindedness of the original accusation)
Yet he wants to take the club miles away from the city, playing at a non league ground with temporary stands in front of a handful of supporters.

What sort of fan would want that for his club?

Not saying he is not a fan, just that at times it feels like he's not.

Moff

Yet he wants to take the club miles away from the city, playing at a non league ground with temporary stands in front of a handful of supporters.

What sort of fan would want that for his club?

Not saying he is not a fan, just that at times it feels like he's not.

Whereas some fans would jump into bed with another Hedge Fund prepared to move their team even further away from their home. (before anyone bangs on, it is an alternative point of view)

Its opinions Otis, we are all fans at the end of the day whoever you blame, and whatever your solution.

Otis

Also have to say he has me irked and that is something I usually don't get at all! Usually very laid back.

Getting sick to death of the insinuation that I want to just bend over to Wasps though and that I am naive and that I only want to stay at the Ricoh.

It's comment, after comment, after comment. Gets very wearisome after a while and the fact is none of it is true.

Grendel likes to belittle people and patronise them and shout them down at every opportunity.

I really don't have problems with anyone on here, past Andreas B, who I just thought was incredibly abusive and insulting.

Grendel has decent stuff to say, as does Tony, as does Italia (yes, Italia) and Dongo and SBK and so too on the other side, Sick Boy, Ian, Godiva, Nick, Stupot etc.

I don't have a go at any supporter usually and am happy to listen to views from all sides. I thoroughly dislike the patronising tone though and the wrongful assumptions.

Calm as usual now having just taken the puppy for a run in the fields, but Grendel has been starting to really irk me these past couple of days or so and it has mainly been the untruths.

I have always said I don't want Wasps here. That just gets brushed aside though and my wanting sides to talk (which should be ALL of us, every single supporter) is deemed by him that I am up Wasps' arse and would swallow anything they would say.

I obviously don't believe he is not a City fan, but at times it comes across to me that's he is very much against this football club.

Grendel

Who wouldn't want that?

Frankly all you come across as is pro Ricoh.

Wasps want the club out - that's a fact. Their slithering PR machine needs bringing down.

If I'm not a fan why are they concerned when I post on their forum and a host of new members appear on here?

When you post it's high fives at nicky's house - another to swallow our bullshit.

Otis

Frankly all you come across as is pro Ricoh.

Wasps want the club out - that's a fact. Their slithering PR machine needs bringing down.

If I'm not a fan why are they concerned when I post on their forum and a host of new members appear on here?

When you post it's high fives at nicky's house - another to swallow our bullshit.
It's bollocks that I am pro Ricoh.

The very simple fact is, if you haven't noticed, is it is where we play and have played for the past 10 years.

There is NO other option at the moment past moving out of the city to ground share.

It really is that simple, but hey, you keep believing what you want to believe despite the facts staring you smack in the face.

Of course I want to stay at the Ricoh right now, it is all we have got!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Also have to say he has me irked and that is something I usually don't get at all! Usually very laid back.

Getting sick to death of the insinuation that I want to just bend over to Wasps though and that I am naive and that I only want to stay at the Ricoh.

It's comment, after comment, after comment. Gets very wearisome after a while and the fact is none of it is true.

Grendel likes to belittle people and patronise them and shout them down at every opportunity.

I really don't have problems with anyone on here, past Andreas B, who I just thought was incredibly abusive and insulting.

Grendel has decent stuff to say, as does Tony, as does Italia (yes, Italia) and Dongo and SBK and so too on the other side, Sick Boy, Ian, Godiva, Nick, Stupot etc.

I don't have a go at any supporter usually and am happy to listen to views from all sides. I thoroughly dislike the patronising tone though and the wrongful assumptions.

Calm as usual now having just taken the puppy for a run in the fields, but Grendel has been starting to really irk me these past couple of days or so and it has mainly been the untruths.

I have always said I don't want Wasps here. That just gets brushed aside though and my wanting sides to talk (which should be ALL of us, every single supporter) is deemed by him that I am up Wasps' arse and would swallow anything they would say.

I obviously don't believe he is not a City fan, but at times it comes across to me that's he is very much against this football club.
From your posts it does across that you only want to stay at the Ricoh

Otis

Because it is all we have got!

I thought that pretty much all of us agree that Sisu will not build a new stadium, so please tell me what else there is?

Nothing is the answer. It's the Ricoh or ground share miles away, so the answer is obviously that I want to stay at the Ricoh.

If you look back I said I was quite happy with the Butts but just didn't believe it was ever going to happen.

You tell me another solution and I am happy to consider it. At the moment it is the Ricoh or back to a Northampton scenario.

italiahorse

I think being realistic on the options available to us it only leaves the Ricoh. Unless there really is another option we need to go all out to get the best deal we can.

Otis

I think being realistic on the options available to us it only leaves the Ricoh. Unless there really is another option we need to go all out to get the best deal we can.
Totally agree.

Now of course I will be called a Wasps fan and right up their arse! ;)

The Ricoh is all we have.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Because it is all we have got!

I thought that pretty much all of us agree that Sisu will not build a new stadium, so please tell me what else there is?

Nothing is the answer. It's the Ricoh or ground share miles away, so the answer is obviously that I want to stay at the Ricoh.

If you look back I said I was quite happy with the Butts but just didn't believe it was ever going to happen.

You tell me another solution and I am happy to consider it. At the moment it is the Ricoh or back to a Northampton scenario.
So do you actually want to be at the Ricoh or just consider it the lesser of two evils? All you've been doing lately is finding excuses as to why we should stay at the Ricoh and refuse to listen to anyone who tries to suggest an alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread