Home fans in South Stand v Preston - Trial Confirmed (1 Viewer)

alexccfc99

Didn't like it, thought it looked rubbish

We aren't at the level yet for it to be required other than the odd game just keep things how they are till the end of the season and reassess in the summer

chiefdave

We aren't at the level yet for it to be required other than the odd game just keep things how they are till the end of the season and reassess in the summer
That’s exactly why they are trialling it so we don’t end up in the same situation we’ve had previously where there’s no tickets left and the SAG are saying we can’t have home fans in that end

bigfatronssba

Regardless of opinions on the effect on atmosphere, I thought the ground looked miles better with all 4 stands with city fans in. Looked like the stadium it should’ve always been

pusbccfc

Regardless of opinions on the effect on atmosphere, I thought the ground looked miles better with all 4 stands with city fans in. Looked like the stadium it should’ve always been

I thought it looked excellent. Few thousand extra and it would be amazing.

Couldn't really hear Preston fans from Block 15 which is a good thing.

Ash

Anyone on her sit in there? What was it like, especially in the concourses and outside?

Stood near the top of block 10, right on the end nearest their fans. They made a decent racket tbf to them.

As for City fans being in that stand, obviously it’s what we all ultimately want but they need to switch places, especially if they’re looking at safe standing for the corner. Would’ve been nice if the whole end was stood like the Boro play off game, but I guess that might take a bit of time so build another Singers lot in the south stand.

Seemed fine in concourses and outside in fairness, was quick getting in and no trouble with opposition fans being a metal shutter away. Although I had to exit the turnstile at the other side of the block rather than the one closest to me, went down to the concourse and there was no way of getting out!

SkyBlueSoul

Do we know when/if the club will give us feedback on how they thought this went? There's no rush for them, can't see them implementing anything until next season but would be nice to know. Something @Sky Blue Pete can ask at the next forum?

pusbccfc

Stoke have announced that they are moving away fans to the corner and installing safe standing in the South Stand

1709657858602.png

The thing that baffles me about this is that Stoke are throwing away nearly 10,000 tickets a week to empty seats. We, and many other clubs, would have sold 5000 there if they gave it. Instead, they are limiting away fans to 3000 again.

pusbccfc

More info.

"What is the Club doing to ensure that home and away fans can still be kept apart outside the venue and that supporter safety isn’t compromised?

The car park for visiting coaches will remain in its current location near to the South Stand with new walkways and fencing created to provide safe passage for home and away supporters to their designated areas."

hamertime

Stoke have announced that they are moving away fans to the corner and installing safe standing in the South Stand

View attachment 34413

The thing that baffles me about this is that Stoke are throwing away nearly 10,000 tickets a week to empty seats. We, and many other clubs, would have sold 5000 there if they gave it. Instead, they are limiting away fans to 3000 again.
They have balls, money isn’t everything. They don’t want away fans behind the goal giving the away team an advantage. I wished we had the same mentality.

pusbccfc

Rotherham could be the worst side we've ever faced at this level. We are playing poorly and 3-0 up

TomRad85

Not sure Johansson is any better than Collins tbh.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

People kicking off and blaming the positioning of fans as the reason the Preston game was so quiet.

Not that we were getting battered after 30 seconds 😅😅😅
Both didn't help, having a couple of blocks of silence in between the two sets of fans reduced an already awful atmosphere.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The whole place was depressing that night. Would have been a totally different situation if we played well.

Equally, a bank holiday game which is likely to sell out will be different.
Agreed
If we get 27k + then the atmosphere should be good. Its not rocket science. Get close to capacity and the atmosphere should look after itself.

Last edited:

David O'Day

The whole place was depressing that night. Would have been a totally different situation if we played well.

Equally, a bank holiday game which is likely to sell out will be different.
nah, it would of been worse than it would of if there wasn't a number of blocks of silent people in between.

bigfatronssba

People need to decide what they want.

If they want 29k sell outs then leave the away fans by singers corner.

If they want 32k sell outs then they need to be over by block 6 as it has natural segregation.

Blaming the atmosphere on the away fans being moved back to where they’ve been since 2021 though is laughable.

I’m sure some people have the memory of a goldfish and think that moving the fans over the far side is something new.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If they want 32k sell outs then they need to be over by block 6 as it has natural segregation.

Blaming the atmosphere on the away fans being moved back to where they’ve been since 2021 though is laughable.

I’m sure some people have the memory of a goldfish and think that moving the fans over the far side is something new.

pusbccfc

nah, it would of been worse than it would of if there wasn't a number of blocks of silent people in between.

How? Don't get me wrong, I've always argued the case for away fans to be close to home fans but I'm not sure it would make it worse. Who's to say these fans are going to be silent. Were they in the play offs?

pusbccfc

Good point, away fans have historically been there.

The atmosphere has been well down this season and that's not because they are experimenting. It hasn't been much better since moving away fans closer either.

Joy Division

Both didn't help, having a couple of blocks of silence in between the two sets of fans reduced an already awful atmosphere.
What happens if the blocks are left empty? Both silent from that section so makes no difference.

David O'Day

What happens if the blocks are left empty? Both silent from that section so makes no difference.
you can move the away fans there and have homes fans the other side of them in the south stand

lately if there are no homes fans in the south stand the away fans have been the singers corner side

Joy Division

you can move the away fans there and have homes fans the other side of them in the south stand

lately if there are no homes fans in the south stand the away fans have been the singers corner side

But there's been games where the fans have been at the further end previously where there were huge blocks of empty seats, the atmosphere has been decent still

Flying Fokker

Does any of this matter? In a few week Leeds will be allowed 4.5k and fans will say how quiet we were.

Gynnsthetonic

They'll have to announce if we're getting the South Stand for Leeds soon as there's hardly any single tickets left. I've heard on good authority we are💪

Users who are viewing this thread