Home fans in South Stand v Preston - Trial Confirmed (3 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Darth Robins

Say what you want about the club but they appear to be listening to feedback and trying to rectify any wrongs or stupid situations.

Yep, it's night and day compared to how we've been run before. I love the general feeling around the club at the moment. We've got a real good atmosphere at the ground (usually), a great squad of lovely lads and the best manager we've ever had. Now we've actually got competent ownership and a landlord that doesn't despise us!

Hopefully we can get it filled for the rest of the season and really kick on.

Calista

This is great news. How many do blocks 6 to 8 hold, and is that always going to be sufficient to meet away fans requirements?

pusbccfc

Finally. Will be interesting to see how it works having a different demographic of fan between Block 14 and the away end

Reactions: vow

Tommo1993

Right idea but they’ve got it wrong still. Even though I still don’t think the demand is there to sell out, keep away fans where they are, and leave B6-9 to home fans. Perfect.

theferret

Dilemna next season will be those considering moving ST from the corner to behind the goal, they'd have to surrender their seats for cup games. I imagine club will leave options open and not sell STs in there but vary it game on game. Good news though.

Tommo1993

I'd have done it that way too. Keep atmosphere in corner and open the far side to city fans based on demand.

Think the atmosphere will remain and improve should they be sandwiched between two full blocks of our fans. Not flanked by a shitty little corner block.

Gynnsthetonic

Just need to fill it now. Should be that away fan are the lb given either 2k, 3k or 4.5k tickets depending on circumstances

hamertime

Right idea but they’ve got it wrong still. Even though I still don’t think the demand is there to sell out, keep away fans where they are, and leave B6-9 to home fans. Perfect.
The Demand won’t be there to fill it now, that’s why they are trialling it for this game. You’re not going to trial it for the first time when it’s fully sold out are you could be carnage. It will be a learning process for them. Brilliant idea. We don’t want away fans behind the goal.

Calista

Who cares what the away Fans requirements are, who’s side are you on?
FFS I was asking to clarify whether blocks 6-8 will always meet our obligations to house away fans or whether there will be occasions when we will be obliged to give them more?
I am very much hoping that we can permanently restrict away fans to a corner of the ground, because I hate seeing them behind the goal.

SkyBlueSoul

I wonder what happens to Singers corner if it's successful and we open it permanently. Do people automatically move STs to be closer to the away fans and that stand becomes the new noisy bit? For me I'd want the corner to spread round rather than being totally replaced.

hamertime

I wonder what happens to Singers corner if it's successful and we open it permanently. Do people automatically move STs to be closer to the away fans and that stand becomes the new noisy bit? For me I'd want the corner to spread round rather than being totally replaced.
Offer them money off their season tickets to stay there and fill the new bit with more noisy fuckers😂

Calista

If I understand it correctly, the safe standing needs to be in the corner because of sight lines etc.
So you can be in the standing area or next to the away fans, but not both?

Tommo1993

I’m all for an uncomfortable and intimidating environment for away fans, they won’t get that with block 5 on their left.

slowpoke

Watched West Ham v Arsenal yesterday and the gap between the two sets of fans remember London rivals, was about 5/6 seats wide with two lines of stewards and a few old bill at the front but it is down to the chavs and they ain’t all kids to make it work

Users who are viewing this thread