Home fans in South Stand v Preston - Trial Confirmed (5 Viewers)

David O'Day

If that’s the plan, why trial it the other way round?
because that is what they can do this season without any actual work

it'll be the 2nd time in a year they have used this configuration

makes sense to trial what you test now instead of possibly waiting until next season

shmmeee

They should give first dibs to the blocks currently next to the away fans TBF.

Reckon it would be a huge logistical nightmare for a ticketing team that can’t even manage to get all the seat icons in the right place.

Doing it midseason in a crowded ground would cause chaos. B14-16 spreads over there, people like me that couldn’t get a decent seat cos of how late they bought want to move. Before you know it it’s 20k calls wanting to play musical chairs. With 7 home games left, probably best to just confirm it can work then roll it out proper next season.

Sky Blue Pete

Love that hardly any tickets have been sold
I know it’s a long way away
I know it’s a Friday night
I know it’s the cup game the following Monday
But we whinge for bloody years about not being able to sit behind the goal and then here you go and there’s lots of:-
No not like that
Not those blocks
Preston?
Not that game
Etc etc etc - very funny
Hope we win Saturday and they sell out of course

pusbccfc

Love that hardly any tickets have been sold
I know it’s a long way away
I know it’s a Friday night
I know it’s the cup game the following Monday
But we whinge for bloody years about not being able to sit behind the goal and then here you go and there’s lots of:-
No not like that
Not those blocks
Preston?
Not that game
Etc etc etc - very funny
Hope we win Saturday and they sell out of course

Because everyone who wants to sit there already has a ticket.

David O'Day

it is a trial to look at the logistics, it's sensible that the first trial will not have a capacity crowd

if this goes well they will do it again but pick a game where they will expect a bigger crowd

SkyB

Finally someone at the club is listening and being proactive! I hope it all goes well as we have some massive home games in the run in so to get it packed out would be class.

On the actual sales of the game, I know we're 8 days out, but, not many sold in that area yet. Hopefully getting 3 points against Stoke will increase the demand!

1708000237605.png

Alan Dugdales Moustache

it is a trial to look at the logistics, it's sensible that the first trial will not have a capacity crowd

if this goes well they will do it again but pick a game where they will expect a bigger crowd
They could have picked a bigger game and opened half of that end as a trial. And I'm not talking Leeds etc but Preston is hardly going to test anything.

Calista

Very few home tickets sold in the South Stand for this one. Could prove to be an abortive experiment?

David O'Day

Very few home tickets sold in the South Stand for this one. Could prove to be an abortive experiment?
The people most interested in sitting that close to away fans are already sitting a block or 2 away.

The trial will be how to the control the flow of fans in the area around the South Stand.

pusbccfc

13 and 12 selling well. As always, shows the demand for the corner is very high and outweighs the capacity.

mmttww

demand for the corner is very high and outweighs the capacity.

This. Also pretty sure the trial is to prove to the SAG that we can use the ground as it was intended to be used without being naughty, or any ballache happening with turnstiles etc. Not to prove it'll sell out every time.

mark82

Think with it being a Friday night game probably won't be the most representative. Personally wouldn't sit there anyway through choice (prefer down the sides) but where we're expecting bigger gates is probably the time to trial it properly.

pusbccfc

They could have picked a bigger game and opened half of that end as a trial. And I'm not talking Leeds etc but Preston is hardly going to test anything.

Why not? It will be at least half full and as O'Day has said, it is a trial. Even 50% will give a good indication to the capacity of the concourses, behaviour and challenges outside the turnstiles.

If it goes well, we may be allowed home fans behind the goal when Leeds come. It would be amazing to limit Leeds to 2000.

hamertime

This. Also pretty sure the trial is to prove to the SAG that we can use the ground as it was intended to be used without being naughty, or any ballache happening with turnstiles etc. Not to prove it'll sell out every time.
Some people just can’t grasp this.

mmttww

…is it selling well?

When you factor in that we only sell a few thousand match tickets each game anyway, Yeah, not bad. Looks like 12-13 will be full in advance. If no walk ups go in there, it'll be a bit meh, but it's not the game to judge it by. Preston on a Fri night doesn't hold a lot of appeal for a lot besides regulars.

mmttww

Aye. Probably should’ve been block by block then.

If we were doing the trial to test if the blocks would sell, Yeah. Pretty sure they were explicit about the trial being to show that those blocks can be used for home fans without any bother, though. No one wants them empty - I get that - but don't think that's the focus.

Calista

I'll hold my hands up and say that when I made my comment about sales I wasn't really looking at 12 & 13, which are small segments near the corner and have sold OK. I was looking more at the larger blocks 10 and 11 nearer the goal, which have sold virtually nothing so far. I suppose it depends what exactly the club were seeking to get from the trial.

From memory I think there's a solid wall in the concourse, somewhere around 13. In practical terms, does that mean home fans on the South Stand side of it are effectively using a separate concourse from everyone in the corner and the East Stand?

pusbccfc

I'll hold my hands up and say that when I made my comment about sales I wasn't really looking at 12 & 13, which are small segments near the corner and have sold OK. I was looking more at the larger blocks 10 and 11 nearer the goal, which have sold virtually nothing so far. I suppose it depends what exactly the club were seeking to get from the trial.

From memory I think there's a solid wall in the concourse, somewhere around 13. In practical terms, does that mean home fans on the South Stand side of it are effectively using a separate concourse from everyone in the corner and the East Stand?

Yep, there's no ability to move over to the South Stand.

It will sell well on the day. We always have a small surge of sales on matchday. These are the only tickets available.

David O'Day

Yes the home fans will be using the same concourse as the away fans, there are roller shutters they can use to split that concourse in 2

Users who are viewing this thread