Home fans in South Stand v Preston - Trial Confirmed (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

see above, that is very different to what was suggested

really subdued yesterday, probably due to the millwall fans being pretty rubbish
They weren't rubbish compared to many other bigger away followings.

Doug would've been fuming seeing all those empty blocks in the south stand yesterday when the demand for home tickets has been so high this season. Will want to capitalise and sell as many seats as possible.

Glad to see this being trialled, hopefully everyone can behave and the club listens to feedback, then the south stand situation should be resolved properly for next season.

shmmeee

This is great news. How many do blocks 6 to 8 hold, and is that always going to be sufficient to meet away fans requirements?

Each block is around 1100 on average and you only need 2k for the league so yeah I’d think so.

pusbccfc

I’m all for an uncomfortable and intimidating environment for away fans, they won’t get that with block 5 on their left.

Block 5 is full of ex-legion isn't it?

pusbccfc

I wonder what happens to Singers corner if it's successful and we open it permanently. Do people automatically move STs to be closer to the away fans and that stand becomes the new noisy bit? For me I'd want the corner to spread round rather than being totally replaced.

This will never be open for season tickets unless the demand is there for an entire season (promotion to the PL).

What it will allow is the club to be flexible whenever we play Leicester and Leeds and there is demand for 28,000 home fans.

It will allow Birmingham or West Brom to bring 4000 should the demand be low in the home ends.

pusbccfc

So 2600 allocation for away fans. That should be enough for most games. Be interesting to see if that becomes a permanent allocation for league games or will it change each game?
Can’t help but think an extra 500 would make it a fairer away allocation. Great the club are looking at this now though

View attachment 34001

Depends who we are playing. Preston, Hull and Cardiff won't ever need that but we may have demand for 28,000.

pusbccfc

is this a wind up? some of our supporters seem to have basic comprehension issues

The criticism is coming from fans on the corner who have seen a slight benefit in having away fans close to the home end now being pushed back to allow 'day trippers' to sit in-between.

It's comparable to Block 13 being full of people sat down against Sheffield Wednesday.

David O'Day

The criticism is coming from fans on the corner who have seen a slight benefit in having away fans close to the home end now being pushed back to allow 'day trippers' to sit in-between.

It's comparable to Block 13 being full of people sat down against Sheffield Wednesday.
The plan is still to have the away fans next to the corner, it is just this is what is achievable this season.

CBS16

The atmosphere in the corner was decent yesterday, but that had very little to do with the woeful Millwall support. It'll be even louder if we have OUR fans behind the goal next to the corner for the run in what the hell are people whinging about. Block 17 and 18 join in when it gets going, it'll be exactly the same the other side of the corner

mmttww

Block 5 is full of ex-legion isn't it?

Think you mean Block 3 and Y, that was the vibe I got. I was in the first seats of Block 4 on Boxing Day. Blokes in the final seats of Block 3 spent all game hammered, slurring bits of songs, showering me and my 10 year old with spit and offering out 4.5k Sheff Wed fans. Sound!

mmttww

...they should keep the away fans where they have been for the last few games

I know you're not the only one thinking this, but I really don't get it. Doing what they've done means we've got fans behind both goals (just!). I want away fans shoved in the worst spot, and that's what this is to me. Plus, it's the way the stadium was built.

The only issue I can see is standing. Some will want to stand in those blocks, lots won't. Hard to police and enforce when it's next to whole blocks that stand all game. Hopefully it self-regulates and people figure out whether it's the right area for them or not.

Gynnsthetonic

The club have got the right idea here, but they should keep the away fans where they have been for the last few games and open up blocks 6, 7 & 8 for home fans.

The way they are doing it will have a negative impact on the atmosphere because you will have those making the noise in the corner with 3 blocks of families sitting down between them and the away fans.
It's only experimental at the moment,it may well be that in the end

bigfatronssba

It's only experimental at the moment,it may well be that in the end

Exactly that.

Didn’t they say the concourse work hasn’t actually finished yet? So this is probably the only way it can be done at the moment

CovInEssex

I know you're not the only one thinking this, but I really don't get it.

Doing what they've done means we've got fans behind both goals (just!).

Feels like a win to me. Plus, it's the way the stadium was built. Less work.

The behind both goals thing is superceeded by the issue of having a day trippers or families wedged between away fans and singers corner.

mmttww

The behind both goals thing is superceeded by the issue of having a day trippers or families wedged between away fans and singers corner.

The only way we should end up with an issue in those blocks is if they sell them to walk-ups. People buying tickets there will almost all know what they're buying. If they end up not liking it, they'll sit back where they normally did. Really think it'll just sort itself out. If people start behaving like knobs to each other, or Stewards and Police, then it'll get canned.

bigfatronssba

The only way we should end up with an issue in those blocks is if they sell them to walk-ups. People buying tickets there will almost all know what they're buying. If they end up not liking it, they'll sit back where they normally did. Really think it'll just sort itself out. If people start behaving like knobs to each other, or Stewards and Police, then it'll get canned.

This is where the club needs to be sensible and next season encourage those blocks to season ticket holders.

Idiots that cause trouble are unlikely to be season ticket holders

shepardo01

Although demand for tickets has been high, how many games have we actually sold all available tickets for??.....

Won't this just spread out the demand making parts of the ground look a little more sparsely populated than currently!?

Preston seems a strange game to try this ... Not really likely to sell out with the ground in its current state .....is it!???

theferret

We all know the chav brigade will ruin it for everyone anyway so wouldn't get too excited

Why will they? There's less chance at issues because behind the goal everyone is on the same level. At the moment because of how 14 curves around there's more opportunity for fans to face and goad each other. This will be far easier to police and there will still be separation.

theferret

Although demand for tickets has been high, how many games have we actually sold all available tickets for??.....

Won't this just spread out the demand making parts of the ground look a little more sparsely populated than currently!?

Preston seems a strange game to try this ... Not really likely to sell out with the ground in its current state .....is it!???

3 games this season general admission tickets have sold out. Also only 3 games where away allocation has sold. Sounds anyway like this is going to add flexibility, it will be an overspill either way.

Gibbo

Doug would've been fuming seeing all those empty blocks in the south stand yesterday when the demand for home tickets has been so high this season. Will want to capitalise and sell as many seats as possible.

Glad to see this being trialled, hopefully everyone can behave and the club listens to feedback, then the south stand situation should be resolved properly for next season.
I buy my ticket for a game relatively late compared with most on here. My daughters want to go if they are up from London that weekend, maybe one of them's partner. But all I can get is single tickets, so it's just me.

Meanwhile my mate who is in a similar predicament is somewhere else in the stadium and we WhatsApp throughout the game....

Ridiculous really. Bring on extra capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread