Hoffman on the CBS Arena board? (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Apparently going to be on the CBS board.

Yet he was also involved with the Storey bid for the club?

Also a lot of dislike between him and Joy isn't there?

Skyblueweeman

Who knows mate. As Joy could only be a 15% part-owner, does this potentially aide a MA takeover further down the line?

Stadium sponsor board member/Cov fan, having the ear of the stadium owner?

GIMOC

as I said weeks ago. Hoffman has been in talks with Joy. He has had business dealings with ashley in the past and as I also said previously. Hoffman was in constant talks with Ashley.

next step towards final control of the club for Ashley

GIMOC

Because they were 2 examples of what he has tried previously.

enlighten me? I remember back in 2013 he offered to pay the rent of the Ricoh for 3 years and sisu said no then in turn moved us to Northampton to allow wasps in.

Reactions: KAB

Nick

Administrator
enlighten me? I remember back in 2013 he offered to pay the rent of the Ricoh for 3 years and sisu said no then in turn moved us to Northampton to allow wasps in.

Yes, he made lots of public offers but they also had terms and conditions in.

Much like when offering to buy the club for £50,000 plus a symbolic £1987 (reflecting the year City won the FA Cup) and an additional 35 pence, a reference to the distance from Coventry to Northampton Town.

Enlighten you about which bit?

GIMOC

Yes, he made lots of public offers but they also had terms and conditions in.

Much like when offering to buy the club for £50,000 plus a symbolic £1987 (reflecting the year City won the FA Cup) and an additional 35 pence, a reference to the distance from Coventry to Northampton Town.

Enlighten you about which bit?

so your saying you would rather us have moved to Northampton instead of hoffman offering to pay the rent? Strange take

Nick

Administrator
so your saying you would rather us have moved to Northampton instead of hoffman offering to pay the rent? Strange take

No, I am saying that his offers were never really very realistic but sounded good.

It's like selling somebody for £100 million but then everything but a penny being in unrealistic addons.

GIMOC

No, I am saying that his offers were never really very realistic but sounded good.

It's like selling somebody for £100 million but then everything but a penny being in unrealistic addons.

so you were happy sisu rejected the offer and moved us to Northampton. Because in a roundabout way sounds like you are

I've criticised Hoffman in the past but i think you are being unfair on him for taking any blame/role in disbanding the academy. He'd only just become a director a month before. And was still working full time at Barclays.

It's very easy to jump to quick conclusions. As outsiders we have to piece it together bit by bit rather than cherry pick snippets of info.

Nick

Administrator
so you were happy sisu rejected the offer and moved us to Northampton. Because in a roundabout way sounds like you are

I've criticised Hoffman in the past but i think you are being unfair on him for taking any blame/role in disbanding the academy. He'd only just become a director a month before. And was still working full time at Barclays.

It's very easy to jump to quick conclusions. As outsiders we have to piece it together bit by bit rather than cherry pick snippets of info.

No, I am saying it was never a goer. Much like the offer to buy the club for 50k and 1987 and 36p.

He wanted to close the academy down though? I just pointed out a couple of things that had happened.

Then you have him believing Dale Evans and then Storey...

JonesBob

I have heard from a business source that Hoffman was the instigator in getting MA to buy the stadium.

Nick

Administrator
You are a plum if you think Hoffman has anything but good intent for Coventry City.

Cheers Gaz

This the same bloke?

PM2852652dj060413city_47-Medium.jpg

What about that?

clint van damme

Gary Hoffman is as big a sky blue die-hard as any of us I welcome this development.

Overson is a big a skyblue die hard as any of us. He walked away from Hoffmans last 5akeover attempt because he didn't like the way it was going.

slowpoke

Overson is a big a skyblue die hard as any of us. He walked away from Hoffmans last 5akeover attempt because he didn't like the way it was going.
Doesn’t really make one or the other right or wrong though does it. I’m sure Hoffman wasn’t acting alone he is or was at the time part of a consortium of local business men.

clint van damme

Doesn’t really make one or the other right or wrong though does it. I’m sure Hoffman wasn’t acting alone he is or was at the time part of a consortium of local business men.

I'm not sure what your point is?
My perspective is I'm neither pro or anti Hoffman but there are a few things that have happened which make me wary of hanging up the bunting just yet.

DazzleTommyDazzle

No, I am saying it was never a goer. Much like the offer to buy the club for 50k and 1987 and 36p.

He wanted to close the academy down though? I just pointed out a couple of things that had happened.

Then you have him believing Dale Evans and then Storey...
The whole Academy closure thing came from peoples’ interpretations of a set of Board minutes.

Impossible to be sure without having been there, but it was my belief that those interpretations were wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread