Hilßner debut? (2 Viewers)

skyblue025

Good luck to him and I hope it works out. We will know by the end of the season if he will be pushing for a first team place next season or not. If he isn't nailed on starting for Oldham and one of the better players in League 2 by the end of the season it's unlikely he's going to make it in the Championship.

Gibbo

Oldham fans comments on his debut

Opinion on our loanee, only the second German to ever play for us, ranged from ‘Decent‘ to ‘good’ to ‘automatic starter’ for the next game.

>

> He went off looking shattered late in the second half.

>

hill83

Not one to jump on players. And I’m not saying he’s shit because I’ve never seen him play.
But I’m pretty sure we were told he was shit before we signed him on some German scouting website. Someone posted it on here unless I’ve lost the plot.

Brighton Sky Blue

Apparently into pyrotechnics as well, mentalist

' Oldham improved after the break and Marcel Hilssner, on loan from Coventry, almost marked his debut with a 30-yard rocket but Walsall keeper Liam Roberts saved well down low. '

capel & collindridge

10'
Attempt saved. Marcel Hilßner (Oldham Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Alfie McCalmont.

21'
Offside, Oldham Athletic. Marcel Hilßner tries a through ball, but Alfie McCalmont is caught offside.

74'
Attempt saved. Marcel Hilßner (Oldham Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Dylan Bahamboula.

83'
Substitution, Oldham Athletic. Kyle Jameson replaces Marcel Hilßner.

higgs

Looks like he could do with losing a bit of weight in the highlights looks a bit beefy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think we brought him in as strength in depth and to improve our options on the bench so if he does do well at Oldham then I would be happy as it means he could fit on the bench

Hobo

He was not bought to go straight into our side. No reason why he still can't turnout to be a good signing

Last edited:

covcity4life

Not one to jump on players. And I’m not saying he’s shit because I’ve never seen him play.
But I’m pretty sure we were told he was shit before we signed him on some German scouting website. Someone posted it on here unless I’ve lost the plot.
Can only go on what we see and he was good vs rangers despite shm morons putting him diwn fron get go in match thread

Glad he's started well at Oldham.

Hobo

I have corrected my post - he was NOT bought to go straight into our squad!!

Ccfcisparks

One also said that hes been everywhere today, and provided a lot of energy in the middle. Looks like his fitness issues arent as big as made out here.

no_loyalty

The Oldham fans raving about him in the DM position, I thought he was a winger or an attacking midfielder?

cc84cov

Hopefully he does enough to get back into Robins plans
Can’t see it mate still can’t belive robins used some of his budget paying a fee for him,the gulf from league 2 to the champ is on another planet,watched him last week looked slow and over weight didn’t stand out or give me the wow look at him factor he was just steady at the level,who knows let’s see I doubt we can recall him this season anywah to add to what we have in the place where Shipley is clearly lacking

chiefdave

Nice to see positive reports coming in. Obviously a big difference between the level he's playing and where we are, as we know from experience, but maybe he's not the complete write off some have claimed.

Users who are viewing this thread