Hilßner debut? (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

He also forgets that we say Hilsner play in preseason.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yes and obviously with this then perhaps unknown at the time medical condition.
Trouble is you and others have knee jerked your assessment of Hilsner, he might never be good enough for the championship but his start at Oldham is encouraging We should all give the bloke new start when he comes back.
The same for DaCosta as you say he has been on the pitch lately but I doubt his whole time on it covers 90 minutes.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes and obviously with this then perhaps unknown at the time medical condition.
Trouble is you and others have knee jerked you assessment of Hilsner, he might never be good enough for the championship but his start at Oldham is encouraging We should all give the bloke new start when he comes back.
The same for DaCosta as you say he has been on the pitch lately but I doubt his whole time on it covers 90 minutes.

Except the 90 he played at Norwich

Magwitch

Well if you count the two minutes against Forest and his five against someone else, was it Watford ? cant remember, add a bit of Fergie time I wasn’t far off.

stevefloyd

Its a win win situation with Hilsner, if he gets fit and we still want to pursue him...great if he excels at league 2 level and a number of suitors want to buy him thats also great at least I wait for a while to make a judgement on them

Brighton Sky Blue

So just out of interest what is your assessment of him compared to Hilsner after massing 120ish minutes game time.

He has shown that there is something we can work with, quite raw and a bit naive but there is a player there good enough to be back up to Dabo. Haven’t seen any of Hilssner against Championship opposition.

cov donkey kick

It's a win win with hillsner we get some interest in his ability if lower league clubs want him and comes back to us match fit able to show his worth to us on the pitch. Win win

rexo87

Yes I paid £10 for the pleasure of this...

Hillsner first half

- grew into the game, Oldham hardly had a kick for first 20 mins. Hillsner playing CAM today.

- last 15 mins of half looked to be a class above getting into pockets between midfield and defence. The comment of him being unfit seems harsh to me. Has a slightly strange running style but fairly quick after first couple of yards.

- great left foot. Had 2 good direct efforts from free kick and almost scored directly from a corner.

- Just needs to get on the ball more and he will cause carnage at this level. Encouraged by what I’ve seen so far. Once he builds match fitness up I can see him challenging for that 2nd CAM position or even left of a midfield three depending on what formation we look to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexo87

Second half was disappointing. He was moved back to holding midfielder just in front of back 4 but didn’t really get in the game. His defensive side is fairly poor as well so poor bit of management. Still looked tidy and had another good free kick that was tipped away. Overall he played well but thought he was better in a more attacking role personally

cov donkey kick

Had shots which were on target v Cheltenham better first half playing offensive role created a lot of chances, second half not as influential on the game. Would think coaches must be happy at either end that's he's playing regular football and impressing in the shirt to boot.

skyblueelephant76

Second half was disappointing. He was moved back to holding midfielder just in front of back 4 but didn’t really get in the game. His defensive side is fairly poor as well so poor bit of management. Still looked tidy and had another good free kick that was tipped away. Overall he played well but thought he was better in a more attacking role personally

I thought his best game out of the 3 he's played was on Saturday when he played in the holding role. When he has time on the ball his passing is very good he just didn't get enough of the ball tonight. He really can't tackle though.

rexo87

I thought his best game out of the 3 he's played was on Saturday when he played in the holding role. When he has time on the ball his passing is very good he just didn't get enough of the ball tonight. He really can't tackle though.

Agreed he doesn’t even attempt to tackle really. Just thought tonight he was better in a more advanced role but take the point that a lot of people have said that he has played well in a more holding role. Can certainly pick a pass and that left foot seems pretty decent

Terry Gibson's perm

Can only be good news he is doing well as we can either bring him back here to play or we will be easier to get rid of than people like Kasta

fernandopartridge

Oldham having a bit of an upturn in form since he signed. They are usually awful at home but have beat teams in the play off places in successive home games.

Gibbo

Here's the view of my Oldham supporting mate

'The fans are very happy with Hilssner. He certainly knows how to shoot and is good on free kicks. One comment I liked yesterday stated that he always seemed to find space. I always think that standing still is a good way of achieving that on a football field and, given the fact that he looks a little overweight, I think he may continue to find space in the future.'

Users who are viewing this thread