Highfield Road 2 (1 Viewer)

CanadianCCFC

no Coventry city fc in Coventry city. not in Nuneaton town .not in rugby town. not in Birmingham city. simple.
Did you read what I wrote? Would you rather the club be liquidated, or temporarily stay in Nuneaton. Obviously everyone would prefer the club stays in Coventry, but if it’s not an option for next season because of wasps then what else can we do?

robbiekeane

Yeah, why would the people of a different town and supporters of a completely different club object to a bigger team from a very big city moving in?

No idea.
Is the rumour that we will buy the stadium and rent it to them then?

Sick Boy

with a week to go we will sign another year deal and then by next year hopefully the court case should be sorted and wasps will sign a long term deal with our new owners and everything will be rosy again..............sorry just woke up from my dream.

Yeah there are going to be loads of potential owners looking to rent a ground from a rugby club with minimal return.

I can’t believe some still don’t understand the impact the sale of the ground is going to have on our long-term future, long after SISU have gone.

Otis

Is the rumour that we will buy the stadium and rent it to them then?
Not that I know of, but you don't see any danger of Nuneaton Boro being marginalised by the big boy next door moving in?

If you are Nuneaton-ite, or a Boro supporter, do you not want a new generation of Nuneaton kids to support the Boro, the town's own local team?

We go there for 3 or 4 years there is a danger of losing out of fans to the bigger City club from down the road.

Be the same here if a massive club came in and shared with us at the Ricoh.

There would be thread after thread on here about us losing out.

If the Villa temporarily moved to the Ricoh for a few seasons and did well, there would of course by the worry that young kids would support them instead of the Sky Blues.

And anyway, my main beef was simply that of not one post even considered how Boro fans and the people of Nuneaton feel about it.

What are Boro fans saying?

Grendel

Yeah, why would the people of a different town and supporters of a completely different club object to a bigger team from a very big city moving in?

No idea.

The towns population in general wouldn’t care why would they?

If the supporters wanted to support a bigger club they’d do it regardless - we are a 15 minute drive to Nuneaton or the same on the train

hinckley cov

We already have loads of Nuneaton fans I see them after every home game going down 444 would be 5 mins from my house, but football League would never allow it . Anyway no way will insects Chuck us out that would finish them in cov.

Nick

Administrator
We already have loads of Nuneaton fans I see them after every home game going down 444 would be 5 mins from my house, but football League would never allow it . Anyway no way will insects Chuck us out that would finish them in cov.

I don't think it would. It may even gain them some new fans who go there as a protest against SISU.

Captain Dart

Does the Smurf still own the ground?

Whatever the appalling state of their finances the 'boro still play at the ground, I have not noticed anyone expressing concern over their situation so far. This is pretty much par for the course from a lot of posters on here, no empathy for any 3rd party if CCFC are seen as beneficiaries from a situation.

I think the actual killer will be the lack of parking in the vicinity, given the likely crowds a safety certificate will probably not be issued. Last time I was there for a CCFC friendly (crowd ~2000) the place was heaving and cars were parked for all over the adjacent industrial estate particularly on the estate perimeter road.

* correction - Otis for one did show empathy (and may be more as I haven't read all the posts yet) so all is not lost. :)

Nick

Administrator
Whatever the appalling state of their finances the 'boro still play at the ground, I have not noticed anyone expressing concern over their situation so far. This is pretty much par for the course from a lot of posters on here, no empathy for any 3rd party if CCFC are seen as beneficiaries from a situation.

I think the actual killer will be the lack of parking in the vicinity, given the likely crowds a safety certificate will probably not be issued. Last time I was there for a CCFC friendly (crowd ~2000) the place was heaving and cars were parked for all over the adjacent industrial estate particularly on the estate perimeter road.

* correction - Otis for one did show empathy (and may be more as I haven't read all the posts yet) so all is not lost. :)

Maybe you should try reading the thread then?

Nobody would want NTFC to be in trouble because of it, the same as nobody wanted Cov Rugby to be when the talk of the Butts happened.

Stick to Cov United and the Council with your pals. The ironic thing is that you don't seem to actually give a shit about anything to do with football and CCFC so it's as if you are more interested in the other beneficiaries away from CCFC and what you can push. Bit strange?

I'd much prefer CCFC to go to the Butts and put Cov United out of business to be honest.

Liquid Gold

At least you admit to not reading threads before posting. Explains some of the shit you come out with.

Captain Dart

At least the CET will be able to do a decent headline "Fun In The Nun"
Putting a stop to all that is the Popes's latest crusade isn't it?

Nick

Administrator
At least you admit to not reading threads before posting. Explains some of the shit you come out with.

It's because he has no interest in what's said. His only interest is trying to push something in particular.

The same as he has no interest in CCFC when it comes to a match or a player. It is just tunnel vision to try and push some propaganda, the same reason he needed 2 accounts to do it.

Over and over again it's posting things that have already been discussed days previously.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

New owners obviously. The same as the council are blameless across multiple owners.
Could you imagine the confusion and dismay going on in the multiple personalities of “Jimmy Hills Way”

On the Nuneaton Town/Boro thing, surely temporarily Sharing with them could work. Us moving there would be a similar situation to what wasps had in Wycombe - so those who supported that move should in theory be ok with it

Nick

Administrator
Could you imagine the confusion and dismay going on in the multiple personalities of “Jimmy Hills Way”

On the Nuneaton Town/Boro thing, surely temporarily Sharing with them could work. Us moving there would be a similar situation to what wasps had in Wycombe - so those who supported that move should in theory be ok with it

Looking at it from the football club's view (not SISU).

Do we want the club to go bust completely or move to Nuneaton to play games for a little bit?

I said it before, it looks like it is some sort of forced pressure by Wasps to hold out until the accounts need to be in and the EFL need to know where to play. The Trust and Wasps seem to be thinking that SISU will just give up and hand the club over or something, we saw last time when they expected Haskell to somehow take over it wouldn't be so simple.

People have already acknowledged that Wasps are trying to distress the club by holding out on a deal because they know the power that has. Should the club really just sit and hope that SISU or Wasps give in or should they be looking at alternatives?

It's a dangerous game and completely different to Northampton this time.

chiefdave

Coventry city fc in Coventry city simple.
And if Wasps continue to refuse talks you would rather the club ceased to exist than play a few minutes down the road?
Not that I know of, but you don't see any danger of Nuneaton Boro being marginalised by the big boy next door moving in?
The Ricoh is hardly some unreachable promised land for the people of Nuneaton that they'd attend if only it wasn't so far away. Its a few minutes down the road. Pretty sure anyone from Nuneaton who wants to watch us manages it at the moment.
If the Villa temporarily moved to the Ricoh for a few seasons and did well, there would of course by the worry that young kids would support them instead of the Sky Blues.
Young kids tend to get introduced by being taken by a parent. Can't imagine a load of City supporting Dads taking their kids to Villa games.
Probably because everyone knows its not being seriously considered so its just another topic to chat bollocks about. If there was a serious suggestion to move to Nuneaton I'm sure the posts in here would be different.

Nick

Administrator
Probably because everyone knows its not being seriously considered so its just another topic to chat bollocks about. If there was a serious suggestion to move to Nuneaton I'm sure the posts in here would be different.

Exactly.

When there were hypothetical discussions about the Butts how many were saying "fuck Cov Rugby" or anything along those lines? Most of it was about building a partnership that could benefit them as well IF it happened. Shared season tickets, shared income etc.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The can’t see Nuneaton being against it, we pay rent, it helps them.

We then play there and continue to play chicken with Wasps finances. Let’s face it that’s SISU’s main plan.

The real question is, will the EFL allow us to play in a ground not up to league standard?

chiefdave

People have already acknowledged that Wasps are trying to distress the club by holding out on a deal because they know the power that has. Should the club really just sit and hope that SISU or Wasps give in or should they be looking at alternatives?
Bizarrely the people who were outraged with SISU doing this to ACL are perfectly fine with Wasps doing it to the football club.

Skyblueweeman

It's because he has no interest in what's said. His only interest is trying to push something in particular.

The same as he has no interest in CCFC when it comes to a match or a player. It is just tunnel vision to try and push some propaganda, the same reason he needed 2 accounts to do it.

Over and over again it's posting things that have already been discussed days previously.

What's his other account? You should set up a thread to name and shame those with multiple accounts.

Nick

Administrator
The can’t see Nuneaton being against it, we pay rent, it helps them.

We then play there and continue to play chicken with Wasps finances. Let’s face it that’s SISU’s main plan.

The real question is, will the EFL allow us to play in a ground not up to league standard?

Nuneaton don't own the ground, so they wouldn't be getting that. I don't know if they are the ones who employ the staff for the bars and have the caterers etc so assume there is money to be made for them in that way. The same with sponsorship boards etc?

If it is an emergency I could see EFL being more lenient but the sticking point would be how much expansion could be done with the ongoing beef they have with the Rugby club that own all of the land.

Nick

Administrator
Bizarrely the people who were outraged with SISU doing this to ACL are perfectly fine with Wasps doing it to the football club.

Yep, they seem to be on board with it which is pretty weird.

I can see people being outraged that the plan to distress the club backfires like last time and that it is still going but not at the Ricoh.

It's what happens when people put all of their eggs into the Wasps / Council basket over CCFC's.

Nick

Administrator
What's his other account? You should set up a thread to name and shame those with multiple accounts.

He doesn't have it now, it was Jack Griffin who also had no interest in football and did the same thing. Just pushed particular things without any interest in the discussion.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Nuneaton don't own the ground, so they wouldn't be getting that. I don't know if they are the ones who employ the staff for the bars and have the caterers etc so assume there is money to be made for them in that way. The same with sponsorship boards etc?

If it is an emergency I could see EFL being more lenient but the sticking point would be how much expansion could be done with the ongoing beef they have with the Rugby club that own all of the land.
Aah yes. The port vale guy owns it. Forgot that.

I’m not sure they would, if I recall the EFL said a number of sides couldn’t be promoted with sub standard grounds. They’d in fact be relegated. Surely they’d have a legal challenge if they allowed us to play in a sub standard ground

SkybluesBenny

If you are Nuneaton-ite, or a Boro supporter, do you not want a new generation of Nuneaton kids to support the Boro, the town's own local team?

We go there for 3 or 4 years there is a danger of losing out of fans to the bigger City club from down the road.

Be the same here if a massive club came in and shared with us at the Ricoh.

There would be thread after thread on here about us losing out.

And anyway, my main beef was simply that of not one post even considered how Boro fans and the people of Nuneaton feel about it.

What are Boro fans saying?
Imo would have same effect that wasps coming here did.
People who have never been to a Cov rugby game because of the level they were at going to the Ricoh to watch the wasps and I know cov rugby is on the way up but they wernt when wasps rolled into town.

So would the Nuneaton people come and watch because there is a better quality of team right on their doorstep I think a few more would . . Tye this is with some good ticket deals and you build a bigger fan base . . I know the Ricoh is only down the road and you could argue that the people who would potentially turn up probably would have if they really wanted to but in terms of it being an issue with the majority I don't think they would oppose

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Colin Steins Smile

Looking at it from the football club's view (not SISU).

Do we want the club to go bust completely or move to Nuneaton to play games for a little bit?

I said it before, it looks like it is some sort of forced pressure by Wasps to hold out until the accounts need to be in and the EFL need to know where to play. The Trust and Wasps seem to be thinking that SISU will just give up and hand the club over or something, we saw last time when they expected Haskell to somehow take over it wouldn't be so simple.

It's a dangerous game and completely different to Northampton this time.
The risk for us is that Wasps are due a windfall of cash from selling an element of their rights in the Premiership, so in the short term they are able to play "hard ball" with us. Our situation is far weaker - we have a few weeks to sort out a venue.

Users who are viewing this thread