Higgs vs CCFC Court Row (8 Viewers)

covspain

So what happens if the charity are found at fault? Would SISU make them pay it all or come to some "agreement"?

SISU would claim every penny they possibly could. They batter people in court.

Grendel

SISU would claim every penny they possibly could. They batter people in court.

Still waiting for that quote -- or have you the balls to admit you lied about that?

covspain

Which I am sure will be exposed in court and they will lose incurring costs.

If they win they are correct to have taken the action.

Fail to see a problem.

So what you're saying here is that you fail to see a problem with SISU suing the charity. You either think it's right or it's wrong and it looks like you think it's right so I'm assuming you support it

Grendel

So what you're saying here is that you fail to see a problem with SISU suing the charity. You either think it's right or it's wrong and it looks like you think it's right so I'm assuming you support it

They are not suing they are taking counter action against a legal claim -- the courts will ultimately decide who is right and who is wrong.

Is that the best you can do?

diggerdaley

Surely Sisu have burned their boats with anything associated with Coventry ever,the very name Sisu is like a swearword now.

fernandopartridge

It's neither wrong nor right, it's the way things work. If you feel a charity has wronged you can you not pursue it through the courts? (that isn't me supporting SISU it's just talking about the way things are)

Grendel

You think the counterclaim is moraly right G? Wanna put an opinion out there or just be a smug twat?

What has morality to do with it? If they win they are right -- its a stupid argument to suggest otherwise.

hill83

It's neither wrong nor right, it's the way things work. If you feel a charity has wronged you can you not pursue it through the courts? (that isn't me supporting SISU it's just talking about the way things are)

(that isn't me supporting SISU it's just talking about the way things are)

Pop that as your signature. Might do it myself.

Grendel

(that isn't me supporting SISU it's just talking about the way things are)

Pop that as your signature. Might do it myself.

It won't work you will still be an apologist.

fernandopartridge

£29k must be a pittance to the half shareholder in one of the most successful exhibition centres in Europe surely? Compared to a 3rd tier football club?

[puts the rod away]

covspain

They are not suing they are taking counter action against a legal claim -- the courts will ultimately decide who is right and who is wrong.

Is that the best you can do?

That's all I need to do. I just pointed out that you support SISU's legal action (whatever you like to call it) against the charity.

Grendel

That's all I need to do. I just pointed out that you support SISU's legal action (whatever you like to call it) against the charity.

I don't support it - its part of legal process - or are you saying charities should be above the law?

covspain

I don't support it - its part of legal process - or are you saying charities should be above the law?

SISU don't just stumble about taking part in legal processes. They are very aggressive they attack and batter people in court. In this case a charity, a non profit making organisation which only got involved to enable the City to have a stadium to play in.

hill83

Well you didn't say they are scum for doing it, or smash up a bus stop, or punch a granny. So it's quite clear to everyone here that you do in fact fully support it and will be in court by Sisus side during the proceedings. Fully dressed in cheerleader gear. Holding Fishers nutsack.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

What are you talking about. We all know Sisu are not just defending the action but are counter-suing for 10 times costs out of spite and to bully a Coventry charity. Most normal Coventry people would be outraged by that.

Where was the outrage when a Coventry Charity gave £6million to a failing football team to support it's millionaire owners and players?

dongonzalos

This is what I stated previously the Charity would have considered every possibility before going through with this lets just hope they come out on the positive side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say considered every possibility. As a charity I think if the solicitors provide the advice to sue. Then legally their are no other options for them to consider they have to do it.

(I think)

Nick

Administrator
Just waiting for a 90% now to get Bingo.

Do most people the Higgs did anything wrong? If not, nothing to worry about surely? Or am I being naive?

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, for the half of ACL they own.

Got Robinson out of the shit, left everybody else in it.

Nothing to do with Robinson. McGinnity decided to sell the 50% stake to stave off administration which his buddy Bryan had racked up debt to achieve. Really, of all the culpable parties in this situation, the Higgs Charity isn't one of them.

Brighton Sky Blue

How much do they want for that £6m share now?

The deal signed with the club at the time had a pre-agreed formula that would be used for valuation of the share. It was McGinnity who got the ball rolling on this, I suggest you direct your complaints to him and the regime of the time rather than the charity which bailed out the club.

lordsummerisle

Nothing to do with Robinson. McGinnity decided to sell the 50% stake to stave off administration which his buddy Bryan had racked up debt to achieve. Really, of all the culpable parties in this situation, the Higgs Charity isn't one of them.

Robinson the main man behind everything the club did then, everybody else just patsys.

lordsummerisle

The deal signed with the club at the time had a pre-agreed formula that would be used for valuation of the share. It was McGinnity who got the ball rolling on this, I suggest you direct your complaints to him and the regime of the time rather than the charity which bailed out the club.

And should a charity apparently dedicated to the disadvantaged children of the Coventry Area be bailing out a club that had massively overspent?

chiefdave

I believe it was £10m

I think you're quoting the formula price there which was of course set at the time of sale to prevent the club having to pay a huge amount if the value went up and equally prevent the charity from incurring a loss if the value went down.

Seem to recall the amount agreed when the HOT was drawn up was somewhere in the region of £4-5m.

dongonzalos

I think you're quoting the formula price there which was of course set at the time of sale to prevent the club having to pay a huge amount if the value went up and equally prevent the charity from incurring a loss if the value went down.

Seem to recall the amount agreed when the HOT was drawn up was somewhere in the region of £4-5m.

Wow they could have bought the Higgs share for 5 million and now we find ourselves here?

pugwash

A couple of questions:

1) if HT win, do they automatically get costs awarded?
2) it seems a bit suspicious that Sisu's costs are precisely 10 times as much as HT's claim ... is there a multiplier cap on a countersuit? Does the countersuit amount actually mean anything at all? (ie would they only get 500 quid if that was all they could show as their own costs?)

Users who are viewing this thread