Hickman (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

I've heard a bit of background info on this now
The lad thought he was being filmed for a Whatsapp group which would only be seen by other players but it was put on Snap chat
He was joking with the things he said about money as the other players know he's only on a modest contract
Still crazy as even with Whatsapp it only takes one person to upload it somewhere
The other players are certain the lad doesn't take drugs though
It's a disaster all round really

You’re right except it wasn’t WhatsApp. It was meant to go on a private Snapchat story ie) only sent to certain people. It was sent on the public story my mistake. For what’s it worth, what was sent on the private story was a lot worse than that.

shelby76

What he said was not for public broadcast, if all the stuff we said in private was made public, how many people would cringe, what right does anyone have to destroy a young lads life. As it stands his value has gone right down now.

skyblu3sk

It's a different life for footballers.With the privileges given to them comes responsibility. If someone was filming me I certainly wouldn't say fuck my employer ETC no matter who the video was supposed to be going to or not. And I'm not in the public eye. Needs to learn from this easily avoidable mistake.

Deity

I’m staggered that Hickman has not flown home already.

Who is advising him to stay on holiday ??

What are his agent and parents advising him to do ?

He is in damage limitation territory and staying and partying isn’t the right way to start that process.

I think his career at City is finished but surely he wants another club to try him and his attitude is now the biggest thing he needs to show can change.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think that he sounds extraordinarily thick to the extent that he is way off the thickness scale and in the neanderthal at birth scale.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

lol if Baylis had done it it would have been swept under the carpet
But bayliss didn't
Jodie Jones didn't
Kelly didn't
Biamou didn't
No one else did. Most have st least some common sense and a little respect for those that pay their wages, even if they're not always happy with their club, or their playing position . If bayliss had said such a thing there would be a good deal of anger and coupled with that a huge amount of disappointment.
No one's heard of Hickman.

Grendel

But bayliss didn't
Jodie Jones didn't
Kelly didn't
Biamou didn't
No one else did. Most have st least some common sense and a little respect for those that pay their wages, even if they're not always happy with their club, or their playing position . If bayliss had said such a thing there would be a good deal of anger and coupled with that a huge amount of disappointment.

Yes lots of respect

Premier League footballer boasted of £7k-a-week salary before friend 'attacked' man who didn't recognise player

weecohawena

Needs bombing.

Not bothered about all the other stuff but the 'Fck Cov' can't happen. It's the disrespect. The Clinton Morrison 'it's Cov innit' scenario. Hope he rebuilds his career somewhere else, just can't be at City.

Tomh111

I think the lad has to go, as the Club can't have that going on in the youth team.

As an aside I would be of the same opinion no matter who it was - if it was Baylis I wouldnt be advocating contract termination but I would be behind selling him.

As somebody said earlier, it's the Clinton Morrison attitude that we can't have back in the club. That attitude was symptomatic of our decline and since MR has been in it has seemingly been weeded out (I actually think Presley deserves some credit for that as well).

On the other side, I hope the lad goes on and gets himself a contract elsewhere. The majority will have done stupid things when pissed up, I certainly have, but none of them have ruined my entire career.

Yes footballers have to hold themselves to higher standards these days, but I cant have it that a 20 year old lads future should be written off because of a twatty video on a lads holiday.

Magwitch

Not read a lot about this but imo it’s Just a dick head kid being nieve and shooting his mouth off happens all the time in many walks of life. Don’t think anything should happen to him perhaps a bollicking for stupidity and a reminder as a pro footballer he is always in the public eye and the minefield of social media. Never seen him play so don’t know his status in the squad. Personally I dont think it should affect any ccfc future so long as he’d good enough.

Seaside-Skyblue

I agree I think everyone deserves second chances within reason. Sometimes it takes a shock to the system to make you change your path / approach in life and all this unwanted attention may just be the thing that does it for this life. While im all for people taking responsibility for their actions we're all human at the end of the day and we all get it wrong in chaotic ways sometimes. Whether with us or somewhere else then hope this lad learns his lesson and makes a career for himself.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Skyblue_LDN

What he said was not for public broadcast, if all the stuff we said in private was made public, how many people would cringe, what right does anyone have to destroy a young lads life. As it stands his value has gone right down now.
Have to agree, social media is an unknown, take a minute to think of the daft things you’ve said or done as a kid or adult, and imagine they’re uploaded online for all to judge, horrible to see but shouldn’t crucify someone for making mistakes

cc84cov

Can’t see how he stays at the club after that doesn’t look good on behalf of the academy etc they have to take a stand and rip his contract up...very average player anyway watched him a good few times now

“Bayliss on 10 bags in 3 days”

So does this mean bayliss is leaving tomorrow then ?

Sbarcher

Think I could let him off if he had returned immediately and gave MR and Boddy a personal apology which was then reported on the Offical club site. The fact he is still pissing it up in Ibiza is not good.

win9nut

"it’s not clear whether the attempted moustache is some sort of inside joke"
Talksport
giphy.gif

covcity4life

Have to agree, social media is an unknown, take a minute to think of the daft things you’ve said or done as a kid or adult, and imagine they’re uploaded online for all to judge, horrible to see but shouldn’t crucify someone for making mistakes
Take point aboit social media but it is not an unknown anymore. They all know what record can be leaked

Hobo

I think the lad has to go, as the Club can't have that going on in the youth team.

As an aside I would be of the same opinion no matter who it was - if it was Baylis I wouldnt be advocating contract termination but I would be behind selling him.

As somebody said earlier, it's the Clinton Morrison attitude that we can't have back in the club. That attitude was symptomatic of our decline and since MR has been in it has seemingly been weeded out (I actually think Presley deserves some credit for that as well).

On the other side, I hope the lad goes on and gets himself a contract elsewhere. The majority will have done stupid things when pissed up, I certainly have, but none of them have ruined my entire career.

Yes footballers have to hold themselves to higher standards these days, but I cant have it that a 20 year old lads future should be written off because of a twatty video on a lads holiday.

No he deserves a second chance, but not at Coventry City FC.

higgs

I agree I think everyone deserves second chances within reason. Sometimes it takes a shock to the system to make you change your path / approach in life and all this unwanted attention may just be the thing that does it for this life. While im all for people taking responsibility for their actions we're all human at the end of the day and we all get it wrong in chaotic ways sometimes. Whether with us or somewhere else then hope this lad learns his lesson and makes a career for himself.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
He's not even much good anyway he's to short to be a right back and couldn't make the grade at West Brom

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

He's not even much good anyway he's to short to be a right back and couldn't make the grade at West Brom

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the lad we've just taken from Chelsea is short and not making it at a Championship team who have just reached the play offs doesn't mean he can't make it in league one.

Not defending him and I'd get rid if him personally but just seemed like strange comments.

NorthernWisdom

the lad we've just taken from Chelsea is short and not making it at a Championship team who have just reached the play offs doesn't mean he can't make it in league one.

Not defending him and I'd get rid if him personally but just seemed like strange comments.
Mason's no giant, and couldn't make it at a similar level club to Hickman.

(As an aside however, Mason's only about 5'6"? Dabo's under 5'10"? You'd target our fullbacks next season and stick a big lump out wide for crossfield hoofs, wouldn't you?)

Last edited:

TTG

But bayliss didn't
Jodie Jones didn't
Kelly didn't
Biamou didn't
What about Jodi Jones then

Sterling Archer

RE: the Clinton Morrison comment, I remember that at the time being massively taken out of context and Morrison hadn't said anything wrong. Anyone got the clip?

Sbarcher

Ccfc carrying out an investigation according to the CT.

Sbarcher

Think he’s lost his Marples.

Users who are viewing this thread