Helping Out Fellow Fans Part III – Season Ticket Fund (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

I've donated, but just a thought.
When the post is on the sticky, I never bother looking. Perhaps there's a way of keeping it at the top of the "live" posts under the stickies?

clint van damme

Got to say thanks again for donating 4 s/tickets this season to the rehab ward at st.michaels hospital. The patient uptake was hit and miss dependant on the weather but when they went they enjoyed the games. Or maybe they enjoyed that they were allowed a pint more, who knows lol. But massive respect to MMJ for texting and stating that if the patients weren’t using them he wanted the staff to use them. Think we can all give MMH a massive thumbs up for thinking of NHS staff way before covid came along. Top man, he needs some serious recognition from the club.

so we are talking rehabilitation from injury and illness?!

WillenhallSkyBlues

so we are talking rehabilitation from injury and illness?!
It’s a mental health hospital. MMJ donated tickets to a ward that looks after patients who have been detained for years and lost most if not all of their life skills so they are there to try and get them back before being discharged into the community.

Last edited:

tom88

With the refunds on season tickets about to be processed. I see some fans have asked CCFC to keep it.

Can’t they be encouraged to get the refund for the 5 games and then donate it to this cause?

That way CCFC don’t lose out and supporters who wouldn’t normally go get to reap the rewards?

mark82

With the refunds on season tickets about to be processed. I see some fans have asked CCFC to keep it.

Can’t they be encouraged to get the refund for the 5 games and then donate it to this cause?

That way CCFC don’t lose out and supporters who wouldn’t normally go get to reap the rewards?

I'm torn on this to be honest. The club have been very supportive of us by matching, so don't want to take away from them. I think we may look into whether we can get refunds on the tickets we bought to put back into the fund for this year though. Need to discuss further yet.

If individuals want to claim refunds and donate though, it would be gratefully received.

better days

I'm torn on this to be honest. The club have been very supportive of us by matching, so don't want to take away from them. I think we may look into whether we can get refunds on the tickets we bought to put back into the fund for this year though. Need to discuss further yet.

If individuals want to claim refunds and donate though, it would be gratefully received.
Think that's a good point Mark
The club has to try to sustain itself (without loans from the owners) so anyone who is generous enough to donate the season ticket refund will know it's helping the club
As you say the club has been supportive of this project and JS herself has donated significant sums two years running

Specs WT-R75

I say let the club keep it. They already paid out more than we put in, and I am sure they will be generous again this year.

WillenhallSkyBlues

I think that the season ticket refunds automatically get refunded back to the payment method used to buy them. @Mild-Mannered Janitor should message all the people who were lucky enough to get a ticket this season and ask for the £56 to be refunded and then ultimately it’ll go back into the fund for this season.

Liquid Gold

Someone should tweet the players asking for retweets, say we want as many people as we can backing them next year. Not only does it get it out to a wider audience but a couple of them might chuck some cash in, I'm sure Shipley did last year.

mark82

Someone should tweet the players asking for retweets, say we want as many people as we can backing them next year. Not only does it get it out to a wider audience but a couple of them might chuck some cash in, I'm sure Shipley did last year.

Did this last night, plus a couple of prominent CCFC supporters.

Nick

Administrator

Have tried a few of them!

mark82

Anyone who can tweet it out, that would be a big help though.

I'm just collating some details of last year to send over to @Tom Leach, to hopefully put something out. If anyone has any media contacts that's something that really helped us last year. Any exposure is good.

JimmyHillsbeard

Users who are viewing this thread