Haskell buys half Ricoh & CCFC rumour - Facebook (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

if this turns out to be true I'd love to listen in on Tim telling Joy that their plan to put ACL out of business is screwed.

RegTheDonk

The thing that goes against the ricoh the most for me is no rail access.The LG is piss easy to get to by rail,get off at inter then a ten minute walk to the venue.Im convinced if the ricoh had the same transport links im sure it would get plenty more big gigs.Being a proud coventrian I hope the ricoh can fullfill its potential,unlike some it would seem.

Agreed with that mate - and parking is a bitch. Haven't been to a concert at the Ricoh, but speaking to people who have, they have spent nearly two hours trying to get away. Maybe they were unlucky, I usually park well away and then take a 15 min walk to the stadium.

lordsummerisle

Supposedly SISU were going to bring in AEG but nobody I knew who was working at AEG at the time knew anything about it. AEG are a huge company in sports and entertainment but as far as I know have no involvement in the conference industry. AEG own 50% of LA Galaxy among other teams and own or operate large arenas such as the O2 and Manchester Arena. The problem would be that most of the acts they deal with would be too big for the Jaguar Hall and for the stadium size acts they already use the Ricoh so I'm not sure that arrangement would have seen a great improvement over what we have now but I guess we'll never know.

Thanks for that, couldn't remember who it was that was supposed to come in.

maybe there haven't been a lot of of things happening in the stadium itself as the pitch has to be protected....if there isn't a football club you could use it loads more over the summer months especially.

Railway line is coming but these things take years

valiant15

When I was on the pitch on sunday I was amazed it how fantastic the pitch was,absolutley superb.I'd give anything for lawn to be in that condition,it was like a carpet.Pity weve got no team to play on it.

chiefdave

Agreed with that mate - and parking is a bitch. Haven't been to a concert at the Ricoh, but speaking to people who have, they have spent nearly two hours trying to get away. Maybe they were unlucky, I usually park well away and then take a 15 min walk to the stadium.

if they went to watch City more often they'd know the places to park where you can get away quick!

that's not really an uncommon problem tho, I've sat in the car park at Milton Keynes Bowl, Wembley Stadium etc for hours after events.

ChevyChase

IMO Haskell is definitely after the Ricoh, also does he want CCFC as well? The big thing for me is whether the golden share is conditional, FL may of given it to SISU as they seriously considered that CCFC would not fulfil their fixtures and reluctantly agreed to the Sixfields move. Its clear SISU will not build a stadium in Coventry area as council wont give them permission. FL know this and may of said to Haskell, if you want CCFC come back to us with Ricoh and "we'll talk to you". Haskell with the Ricoh is the only way CCFC can return to Coventry as SISU cannot ever prove they'll return. Ill get my coat

Skyblueweeman

To be fair, there aren't actually that many business type events on at weekends, most trade fairs are held during the week, nobody wants to use their own time for work!

I used to work at Southampton FC and there is a restriction on taking some midweek events as you're waiting for the FL to confirm fixtures for the forthcoming season. Many corporate events were lost from St Marys as clients didn't want to wait until mid-June to find out if they could actually hold their event or not. And fixtures could always change dates anyway.

That said, I don't subscribe to some thoughts that the Ricoh could be successful by getting more gigs and more events. Tosh in my eyes.

Each to their own though.

WM

ecky

:wave:
IMO Haskell is definitely after the Ricoh, also does he want CCFC as well? The big thing for me is whether the golden share is conditional, FL may of given it to SISU as they seriously considered that CCFC would not fulfil their fixtures and reluctantly agreed to the Sixfields move. Its clear SISU will not build a stadium in Coventry area as council wont give them permission. FL know this and may of said to Haskell, if you want CCFC come back to us with Ricoh and "we'll talk to you". Haskell with the Ricoh is the only way CCFC can return to Coventry as SISU cannot ever prove they'll return. Ill get my coat

I hope you are right, we need a miracle anything not to here fishers dribble again on the radio!

This will cheer everyone up http://youtu.be/F30HqYCYx8Y

dongonzalos

Even though some can't differ between me wanting this to happen and me thinking it would make sense business wise to Mr Haskell.

Who is not to say he is still interested in the Higgs share and bringing another sporting team to the Ricoh.

He is mainly interested in the Ricoh itself so as an American what does it matter to him who us there.

As long as it is a financially viable plan.

It is a fantastic time for him to negotiate with the council and ACL

Grendel

Even though some can't differ between me wanting this to happen and me thinking it would make sense business wise to Mr Haskell.

Who is not to say he is still interested in the Higgs share and bringing another sporting team to the Ricoh.

He is mainly interested in the Ricoh itself so as an American what does it matter to him who us there.

As long as it is a financially viable plan.

It is a fantastic time for him to negotiate with the council and ACL

He won't buy it -- why pretend he will?

sisu go home

I'd love to get him in. Don't care if he's more based around property. If he wants the arena first - fair play! The club's going to be easier to buy than part ownership in the arena, so it makes good business sense to cross that one off first - plus the arena is self-sufficient with profits whereas the club would be reliant on the two going hand in hand. My advice - buy the arena, then build a fucking car park next to it please, then buy the club.

dongonzalos

Why wouldn't he?
If you could get CCFC in there or another suitable business.
If you were offered that and half of Higgs at the right price.
You are a property developer looking at property in the UK on the verge of an up turn what would you do?
If you think of it in a cold business sense.

Last edited:

Grendel

Why wouldn't he
If you could get CCFC in there it another suitable business
If you were offered that and half if Higgs at the right price.
You are a property developer in the looking at property in the UK on the verge if an up turn what would you do.
If you think of it in a cold business sense.

Do you agree then that ACL are useless and incompetent? You must I suppose as the council leader admitted they would have been bankrupt without a nail out yet Haskell will make a fortune.

TheUKGryphon

This is rubbish.

If, in the unlikely event that this is true, then it would indicate that PH4 has/had no interest in CCFC as a business but wanted the Ricoh and surrounding land all along.

Businessmen are KILLING Football.

dongonzalos

Do you agree then that ACL are useless and incompetent? You must I suppose as the council leader admitted they would have been bankrupt without a nail out yet Haskell will make a fortune.

So are the bankrupt without a hand out
Or is it bankrupt without their mucus timer paying a legal debt.
Or was it not bankrupt as they were able to turn down 600k
Which is it?

AFCCOVENTRY

@Lesreidpolitics: @citycoventry @jamiedaventry Rumour of sale of Ricoh AND #CCFC to Haskell false. No comment from ACL over any talks on ACL shares 1/2..

@Lesreidpolitics: ..2/2.. #CCFC owners Otium director Mark Labovitch: "No truth whatever in rumour club has been sold. Club's not for sale."

@Lesreidpolitics: @citycoventry Sources close to Haskell said last night deal on Ricoh shares untrue. ACL won't comment today. Seems clear they've had talks

@Lesreidpolitics: @ccfcfan Maybe. Everybody has a price, you might say. Depends what price is. #CCFC say there's been no approach by Haskell

Users who are viewing this thread