Haskell buys half Ricoh & CCFC rumour - Facebook (2 Viewers)

Maybe les reid doesn't know yet he's talked about like a god he's a bloody journo

If he was a proper journo of the investigative type, he would have outed Joy Seppala, complete with photo, as the ultimate decision maker and be trying to pin her down as to what her ultimate motives are in wishing to keep such a huge loss making business in the face of continuing and unnecessary further losses through her lackey Fisher's stupidity and arrogance. Just my opinion though!

Sisued

I didnt want to start a new thread but just a quick Haskell related Q

Has anyone actually said what he was doing in Cov the other day?
The silence on this is deafening and i dont for minute think he popped over to have a butchers at the cathedral or for a pint with his mate Joe

sky blue john

It doesn't make sense to purchase part of the Ricoh before purchasing the club, because Sisu will have him by the balls on price!!
Unless he has no intention of purchasing the club !!!

Sisued

Or unless SISU have indicated its a possibility if the price is right....that would tie in with Fishers non announcement about the sites he hasnt really identified as SISU try to create the illusion that the club has other options.

chiefdave

Has anyone actually said what he was doing in Cov the other day?
The silence on this is deafening and i dont for minute think he popped over to have a butchers at the cathedral or for a pint with his mate Joe

very true, he was obviously here for a reason and although it may be premature to be talking about him having purchased the stadium what else would he be here to talk about?

It doesn't make sense to purchase part of the Ricoh before purchasing the club, because Sisu will have him by the balls on price!!
Unless he has no intention of purchasing the club !!!

you can flip that argument. SISU think they can stay at Northampton for up to 5 years in which time ACL will go out of business allowing them to pick it up on the cheap. PH4 buys the Ricoh the chances of that happening become a lot slimmer. The situation for SISU would then be sell to PH4 or have to actually follow through with the stadium build plan which we all know isn't going to happen. The club is losing money so the longer they own it the more money they lose, pretty strong bargaining position for PH4.

covboy1987

Crystal ball

My theory is twofold one being that Haskall will buy half the stadium soon and the rest at a later date which will send out a clear message that there is no chance of a reconciliation of Sisu purchasing the stadium off the council and higgs trust
The council and Higgs will make the deal attractive enough financially so Haskell can purchase the club off Sisu at the Sisu asking price as clearly all other avenues have not worked-
The other theory is Haskell renting the stadium to Sisu at a deal to suit both parties and something done so Sisu receive all revenues on match days as haskell a new face to Sisu will not have the personal problems which seems to have gotton in the way of all parties -maybe a new look at things from a completely different landlord possibly might be the key

Nick

Administrator
Somebody has actually made this:

download.php

Skyblueweeman

Will no doubt get castigated for this/labelled SISU fanboy etc etc but...

Isn't Haskell a property developer? Won't he only be interested in the Ricoh and not the team?

Won't that just leave us still at Square one, just with someone different to walk us down the leagues? Is there anything to suggest this guy has any interest in sport (genuine question)?

Can I ask anymore questions?

#thisisahashtag

lordsummerisle

Isn't Haskell a property developer? Won't he only be interested in the Ricoh and not the team?

Won't that just leave us still at Square one, just with someone different to walk us down the leagues? Is there anything to suggest this guy has any interest in sport (genuine question)?

#thisisahashtag

He is however supported by Mr Coventry, who has never put a foot wrong over the years when it comes to supporting worthy owners.

Haskell IN!

fernandopartridge

#thisisahashtag

I have said the same thing ad nauseum

chiefdave

Fair point but what's the alternative? There aren't a load of billionaire Coventry supporters knocking at the door so you're either looking for a Chelsea type situation with someone who has so much money they want a football club as a hobby or you're looking for someone like PK4.

In an ideal world PK4 would buy the stadium and the club, the club could be setup to be self sustaining with access to the revenue streams it needs and PK4 can develop the site and make his money, everyone's a winner. Sure OSB could tell you if there was ever any chance of CCFC being self sustaining in those circumstances but at the moment I think we're in a anyone is better than SISU situation.

Skyblueweeman

Fair point but what's the alternative? There aren't a load of billionaire Coventry supporters knocking at the door so you're either looking for a Chelsea type situation with someone who has so much money they want a football club as a hobby or you're looking for someone like PK4.

In an ideal world PK4 would buy the stadium and the club, the club could be setup to be self sustaining with access to the revenue streams it needs and PK4 can develop the site and make his money, everyone's a winner. Sure OSB could tell you if there was ever any chance of CCFC being self sustaining in those circumstances but at the moment I think we're in a anyone is better than SISU situation.

I agree the alternatives look thin/bleak but I don't see why everyone is getting excited by a land developer as owner as opposed to a hedge fund. It's like telling Saddam Hussein you're not going to be his best mate because he's nasty, then giving Gaddafi a call asking what he's up to.

RoboCCFC90

Les Reid: While rumour Haskell has bought Ricoh shares & #CCFC clearly false, it appears ACL talks have been ongoing on at least Higgs share

Sub

What use is it though without someone occupying the Arena?

first step towards owning ccfc and the stadium when acl/council take the FL and Appleton to court to get the decision reversed maybe :thinking about::thinking about:

RoboCCFC90

first step towards owning ccfc and the stadium when acl/council take the FL and Appleton to court to get the decision reversed maybe :thinking about::thinking about:

Perhaps. However if I was PH4 I would want to be sure that ACL/CCC had a fighting chance in that case to get the decision reversed otherwise you own a stadium which was built for a Football Club with no tennants and isn't fulfilling it's requirements.

RoboCCFC90

You do realise the Arena doesn't only open for CCFC matches?

I do realise this Dave, however the Arena is not a sustainable business model without a permanament sporting associate, i.e CCFC.

Hence why ACL are looking for another sporting franchise to take up the Arena's empty space if CCFC do not return.

Dhinsa's_Millions

Although the Arena may not be as profitable at present (rather debatable) I'm sure with investment in another hotel and without the 20 odd home games it could become more successful with conferences and gigs etc. Its been said previously that the Arena loses out on a lot of business because of the lack of hotel rooms.
This is what Haskell sees and so I think it is less of a gamble for him.

I would love ACL to take the FL / Appleton to court and win but I can't see it happening. FL have ridiculously flexible rules and Appleton will wriggle out of any blame due to insolvency laws.

Users who are viewing this thread