Hartlepool Match Thread (3 Viewers)

stupot07

3rd time they have concerned 5 and have also conceded 6 according to a dejected Jeff stelling

That's a good point, and a team that had what 8 points from 17 games before today?

Brilliant to win 5-0 but let's keep them feet firmly on the ground.

Otis

Can't wait for the football league show !

As it's the City I am half expecting a footage voice over of 'And Coventy then went on to score a further 3 goals,' before the show moves straight on to the next game.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Hartlepool fan: 'I don't think Coventry are good as a whole just 2/3 really good players McSheffery and McGoldrick are Championship players for me and they have made all the difference... That and our awful defence.'

Was just thinking the same thing. Why can't we do this at home. That would bring a few fans back.

We'll never win 5-0 at home this season cos they play within themselves at home through fear of knowing that one slight mistake will result in the minority (majority?) hurling abuse at them for the rest of the match. Barton can't cope with it, Hussey struggles because of it, Baker tries to play through it but he knows he'll never win over these "fans".
The only way we could win 5-0 at home is if the whole crowd got behind the players no matter who they were or how they were playing.

Otis

Piercing analysis.... ; )

Rome wasn't built in a day and you don't become a good side on the back of one match against the team cast well adrift at the bottom of the table. Just 8 points from 18 games.

Let's see where we are after the next 2 games. And let's not forget we are just 3 points off the bottom 4 places.

Enjoy the win but let's stay grounded!

skyblue4ever

We'll never win 5-0 at home this season cos they play within themselves at home through fear of knowing that one slight mistake will result in the minority (majority?) hurling abuse at them for the rest of the match. Barton can't cope with it, Hussey struggles because of it, Baker tries to play through it but he knows he'll never win over these "fans".
The only way we could win 5-0 at home is if the whole crowd got behind the players no matter who they were or how they were playing.

Spot on that! But lets enjoy it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Need to kick on against Colchester and Pompy, was so disappointed with the Scunthorpe game. Would take a point at Colchester and beat Portsmouth next weekend

Tad

Well done guys! Lets use this to get the ball rolling now. :)

stupot07

Rome wasn't built in a day and you don't become a good side on the back of one match against the team cast well adrift at the bottom of the table. Just 8 points from 18 games.

Let's see where we are after the next 2 games. And let's not forget we are just 3 points off the bottom 4 places.

Enjoy the win but let's stay grounded![/QU

Grounded???? Show me any long term followers of City who have not been grounded

Check out the 'Carl baker' thread.....

Users who are viewing this thread