Harry and Megan interview with Oprah Winfrey (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Was about to post this. He’s 100% going to turn up on Gammon Broadcasting.

You never liked Andrew Neil's interviews etc? Used to be very good

I won't be listening either way as my radio/ TV never really goes off the sports

ajsccfc

I know, he's quit rather been pushed from what I can gather, I work in the industry so hearing bits and pieces. It'll be bad for ratings as you need a bit of a divisive fuckwit, if they replace with a piece of cardboard it's doomed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ben Shepherd tends to fill in for Morgan whenever I've seen it, now there's someone to make dry toast seem exciting

shmmeee

You never liked Andrew Neil's interviews etc? Used to be very good

Very much like a Broadsheet Morgan. Very good at what he does (knowing the public mood for Morgan, knowing the political story for Neil), both good at their style of interviewing, but same problems which is letting his personal opinions come across too much. Neil never attacks those he agrees with the same way he does those he doesn’t, Morgan here obviously has a personal issue with Meghan and has taken that too far.

More to the point, both are very suitable for a U.K. version of Fox News (which also has very capable anchors as well as loons), and frankly having seen what it’s done to the public discourse in general and the right in particular in the States I’m in no rush to replicate it here.

TomRad85

Ben Shepherd tends to fill in for Morgan whenever I've seen it, now there's someone to make dry toast seem exciting
Haha so you get my point... you need a Morgan type figure. People tune in for the shit show.

SG21

Will he? Isn't his ego far too big to be on a network that will at best be "niche"

If they give him his own show to basically say what he wants, he'll jump in head first. He doesn't always agree with the loony right to his credit, but he sits on the fence and watches them.

Grendel

I bet she may well be a diva, but then Kate probably is too, along with every female royal in the family.

But that doesn’t explain or justify the differing narratives that repeatedly show up for these 2 in particular when very similar actions or behaviours occur.

What are you suggesting?

TomRad85

Very much like a Broadsheet Morgan. Very good at what he does (knowing the public mood for Morgan, knowing the political story for Neil), both good at their style of interviewing, but same problems which is letting his personal opinions come across too much. Neil never attacks those he agrees with the same way he does those he doesn’t, Morgan here obviously has a personal issue with Meghan and has taken that too far.

More to the point, both are very suitable for a U.K. version of Fox News (which also has very capable anchors as well as loons), and frankly having seen what it’s done to the public discourse in general and the right in particular in the States I’m in no rush to replicate it here.
People go looking for the news that suits their opinions anyway. Have right ring news and left wing news and be done with it.

Reactions: KAB

SG21

Thing is, for generations the right wing have always held the wrong narrative that they "love" this country and everything they do is in good for it. It's utter rubbish, but you try telling the right supporters that. Look at brexit for example. Doesn't matter how many times the rest of us told them they're lying, they wouldn't have it. The flag shaggers had made their choice.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Transfer mike porky parry from the Jeremy vine show on to GMB

Ian1779

What are you suggesting?
That one is reported in a negative manner and the other in a more positive manner when talking about very similar things. It’s not just those 2 - there has a multitude of other examples (young footballers) where this happens.
Stop being disingenuous by implying you are shocked at what I am suggesting

David O'Day

If they give him his own show to basically say what he wants, he'll jump in head first. He doesn't always agree with the loony right to his credit, but he sits on the fence and watches them.

Are there going to be enough viewers? The real Fox News shut down it's UK operations because it had single figure 1000s of viewers

shmmeee

People go looking for the news that suits their opinions anyway. Have right ring news and left wing news and be done with it.

Hmmm.

I’m a fan of the old quote “If one side tells you it’s raining and one says it’s dry, your job is to look out the window”. It’s not about left and right. Sensible people on each side tackle the how not the whether. There are right and left wing solutions to the fact of climate change for example, the same with wages, immigration, culture, etc. But that debate can only happen if both sides have a shared reality.

Once you’ve got people believing their opponents are Nazis or baby eating Satanists, you get a lot of angry people who don’t think the others are fully human, and historically that’s .... suboptimal.

Look at this thread. We aren’t discussing how to solve a problem, we’re discussing whether a problem even exists. What a waste of humanity.

David O'Day

Hmmm.

I’m a fan of the old quote “If one side tells you it’s raining and one says it’s dry, your job is to look out the window”. It’s not about left and right. Sensible people on each side tackle the how not the whether. There are right and left wing solutions to the fact of climate change for example, the same with wages, immigration, culture, etc. But that debate can only happen if both sides have a shared reality.

Once you’ve got people believing their opponents are Nazis or baby eating Satanists, you get a lot of angry people who don’t think the others are fully human, and historically that’s .... suboptimal.

Shouldn't the news just be what is true? Otherwise we get into alternative facts territory

shmmeee

Shouldn't the news just be what is true? Otherwise we get into alternative facts territory

That is pretty much what I said, but more succinct and readable.

It’s not like journalism doesn’t know how to set standards that keep reporting fair and news and opinion separate. It’s just the internet means there’s no quality control now.

ajsccfc

Haha so you get my point... you need a Morgan type figure. People tune in for the shit show.

Oh absolutely, he's the selling point for the entire programme whether it's people thinking he tells it like it is or raging at everything he does . Without him I'm not sure what they've really got left

cowboy1850

I haven't watched the interview but it all feels very one sided to me. Some sections of the US press (CNN) are going beserck with their anti-UK coverage. There's more than one side to a story.
The other detached from reality royalty in Hollywood are firing off their own opinions and linking it to their own hardships. It's a victimhood circlejerk.
The last thing I'm interested in is rich people's struggles.

Ccfcisparks

Piers Morgan acting like a right

giphy.gif

Grendel

That one is reported in a negative manner and the other in a more positive manner when talking about very similar things. It’s not just those 2 - there has a multitude of other examples (young footballers) where this happens.
Stop being disingenuous by implying you are shocked at what I am suggesting

Is it due to race?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I agree, you're examples are bang on,

I disagree, and I'd imagine if there was a vote on it... Most people would too
Hahahahahaha! I doubt very much! There are far more posts and comments on various social media sites that are totally against the monarchy. They are no longer the force they once felt they were!

TomRad85

Hahahahahaha! I doubt very much! There are far more posts and comments on various social media sites that are totally against the monarchy. They are no longer the force they once felt they were!
Social media isn't real life.

Grendel

Evo1883

Social media sites do not represent a nations opinion..
According to twitter polls, corbyn was going to get 68% of the votes in the election and remain would comfortably win the European referendum 🤷

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread