Harry and Megan interview with Oprah Winfrey (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

“Racism permeates society and for that not to be prevalent within the palace would be unacceptable, I would say” Kim Johnson, on Radio 4's PM.:rolleyes:

Evo1883

The vast majority of our written press is full of hatred, bigotry, intolerance and racism - be it obvious or subtle.

Arguing otherwise means you are in denial.

I agree, but like I said before it's all selective for alot of you ... You all believe and quote the press when it comes to the EU and brexit etc because it fits your bias.
Well, certain sections anyway.
Meanwhile you don't believe the press on other issues, because again it fits your bias... Not you specifically... Alot of people

Meanwhile people like me just think they are fucking wankers 99% of the time

Evo1883

I don't for one minute believe meghan and Harry are 100% being truthful.
I also don't believe the royal family are 100% innocent.

That's it really

Meghan seems to fall out with alot of people though, especially those close to her, and Harry is clearly in love and wants to stick by his wife

Ian1779

That's it really

Meghan seems to fall out with alot of people though, especially those close to her, and Harry is clearly in love and wants to stick by his wife
I bet she may well be a diva, but then Kate probably is too, along with every female royal in the family.

But that doesn’t explain or justify the differing narratives that repeatedly show up for these 2 in particular when very similar actions or behaviours occur.

Evo1883

I bet she may well be a diva, but then Kate probably is too, along with every female royal in the family.

But that doesn’t explain or justify the differing narratives that repeatedly show up for these 2 in particular when very similar actions or behaviours occur.

Well i agree they paint them both differently.
Partly to do with race, nationality and class really.

So yea I agree

D

Deleted member 4439

Similar behaviours? Really?

And are the narratives based on skin colour?

Mind you, I confess that it was only when this blew up on QT last year that I actually came to know that the woman is apparently of black heritage, and I don't read the taboilds, so possibly you are right.

Doesn't excuse the crassness of it all, mind, especially given the history of the guy's mum with the media.

shmmeee

Well i agree they paint them both differently.
Partly to do with race, nationality and class really.

So yea I agree

Yeah that’s fine in isolation. Then you look at how Raheem Sterling was reported on compared to his white team mates when buying a house. How Lewis Hamilton is reported on compared to old white tax dodgers. How black culture is reported on. How black politicians on the left are reported on. How immigration and stories about Muslims are reported on.

You’ve got to be approaching new born child levels of naivety not to spot a link.

FWIW I don’t think Meghan is a particularly good example. I think that’s just how they treat people the Royals want monstered.

shmmeee

Similar behaviours? Really?

And are the narratives based on skin colour?

Mind you, I confess that it was only when this blew up on QT last year that I actually came to know that the woman is apparently of black heritage, and I don't read the taboilds, so possibly you are right.

Doesn't excuse the crassness of it all, mind, especially given the history of the guy's mum with the media.

Yes they are similar behaviours:

6768DB74-D5D4-4AD9-8A11-E0E6FCD6DFC4.jpeg

And yes it’s racially tinged.
03B6ADAD-345E-41EC-BD5B-D506C428E21C.jpeg

Evo1883

Yeah that’s fine in isolation. Then you look at how Raheem Sterling was reported on compared to his white team mates when buying a house. How Lewis Hamilton is reported on compared to old white tax dodgers. How black culture is reported on. How black politicians on the left are reported on. How immigrations and stories about Muslims are reported on.

You’ve got to be approaching new born child levels of naivety not to spot a link.

FWIW I don’t think Meghan is a particularly good example. I think that’s just how they treat people the Royals want monstered.

I agree, you're examples are bang on,

So what are they there for? My point exactly! Get rid of the sponging gits!

I disagree, and I'd imagine if there was a vote on it... Most people would too

D

Deleted member 4439

Thanks, I don't follow these things; so Kate also did an expose?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's it really

I don't think there is any issue in holding the view that neither side are particularly favourable to
Yeah that’s fine in isolation. Then you look at how Raheem Sterling was reported on compared to his white team mates when buying a house. How Lewis Hamilton is reported on compared to old white tax dodgers. How black culture is reported on. How black politicians on the left are reported on. How immigrations and stories about Muslims are reported on.

Sterling didn't show up for England duty because he was 'too tired'. Spotted in a nightclub at 3am the next day.

Obviously there are some double standards in some examples, and that can rightly be picked apart. However, marking every criticism down as 'racist' is tiring and beyond boring now. I think in this case, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I don't believe Meghan and Harry's side of the story, but equally I don't trust the royals either.

They can have it out in private if they were so worried about the public eye, but instead here they are on Netflix etc. Of course, they weren't going to criticise the queen directly either. They knew what they were doing, and as I said, watch them stay in private now. They won't.

shmmeee

For the record support for abolishing the monarchy has been around 18% since the dawn of time. This is very much an intellectual conversation, they aren’t going anywhere.

shmmeee

I don't think there is any issue in holding the view that neither side are particularly favourable to

Sterling didn't show up for England duty because he was 'too tired'. Spotted in a nightclub at 3am the next day.

Obviously there are some double standards in some examples, and that can rightly be picked apart. However, marking every criticism down as 'racist' is tiring and beyond boring now. I think in this case, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I don't believe Meghan and Harry's side of the story, but equally I don't trust the royals either.

They can have it out in private if they were so worried about the public eye, but instead here they are on Netflix etc. Of course, they weren't going to criticise the queen directly either. They knew what they were doing, and as I said, watch them stay in private now. They won't.

A lot to unpack here. Firstly, Harry is a person and has his own mind and has clearly hated the press and large chunks of the establishment since he was a kid. So let’s not pretend this is some evil “snake with tits” woman mind controlling him. He’ll have had his own desire to get his story out.

Secondly, they (rightly IMO) lose their tax payer paid security when they leave but they don’t lose their legions of nutters, so they still need to earn cash to pay the bills and those bills are more than council tax and the water bill, also she is an actress being on TV is kinda her skill set, unless you want her to retrain as a brickie or something.

As for the press, I’m sure you can find some justification no matter how tenuous (oh no a footballer out clubbing! Truly a first 😮), but as I said when you look at the overall picture and how the press reports (and frequently outright lies and has to withdraw or be sued) about minority groups, you’d have to be spectacularly credulous to think it’s a coincidence.

TomRad85

He's gone now
I know, he's quit rather been pushed from what I can gather, I work in the industry so hearing bits and pieces. It'll be bad for ratings as you need a bit of a divisive fuckwit, if they replace with a piece of cardboard it's doomed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

A lot to unpack here. Firstly, Harry is a person and has his own mind and has clearly hated the press and large chunks of the establishment since he was a kid. So let’s not pretend this is some evil “snake with tits” woman mind controlling him. He’ll have had his own desire to get his story out.

Secondly, they (rightly IMO) lose their tax payer paid security when they leave but they don’t lose their legions of nutters, so they still need to earn cash to pay the bills and those bills are more than council tax and the water bill, also she is an actress being on TV is kinda her skill set, unless you want her to retrain as a brickie or something.

As for the press, I’m sure you can find some justification no matter how tenuous (oh no a footballer out clubbing! Truly a first 😮), but as I said when you look at the overall picture and how the press reports (and frequently outright lies and has to withdraw or be sued) about minority groups, you’d have to be spectacularly credulous to think it’s a coincidence.

I have no time for the press at all. They are after stories to sell clicks and pages, they have no integrity and a lot of what they do is vile.

I just don't think couple of the year have much integrity either though. Just because she has said something, doesn't mean everyone has to believe her through fear of being shut down. I don't like the royals either, so I guess you could say I don't like any of them. I just watched her interview and it looked like a right performance. Agree regarding the tax payer security and various other things.

Also, Piers Morgan has been kicked/jumped. That's interesting. (Unrelated)

Evo1883

I don't think he's been cancelled in this case, its all part of the Piers Morgan show.

Hes a grade A narcissist

If they ever put a picture to the word... His face would be on that one

shmmeee

I have no time for the press at all. They are after stories to sell clicks and pages, they have no integrity and a lot of what they do is vile.

I just don't think couple of the year have much integrity either though. Just because she has said something, doesn't mean everyone has to believe her through fear of being shut down. I don't like the royals either, so I guess you could say I don't like any of them. I just watched her interview and it looked like a right performance. Agree regarding the tax payer security and various other things.

Also, Piers Morgan has been kicked/jumped. That's interesting. (Unrelated)

Fair. I’m not really bothered about them, I’m sure the millionaires will all be OK. The way the whole thing has been played in the press and how the establishment operates interest me though.

TomRad85

Hes a grade A narcissist

If they ever put a picture to the word... His face would be on that one
Exactly.

I hear Harry Windsor is looking for work, next stop GMB.

Evo1883

He's took/will take a job at GB News I bet.
I think the problem with piers is, he often makes good points, but he let's himself down by making it an obsession and about him.
He has no middle ground it's all black and white

Users who are viewing this thread