Harry and Megan interview with Oprah Winfrey (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Anyone interested?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

366550ae9d47f728c5bb92c3c7d59848.jpg

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Feel sorry for Harry, had a shit lot despite being born into wealth.

All seems a massive clash of old world stiff upper lip vs melenial talk through every issue.

Covkid1968#

If it’s all true... then it’s appalling treatment for both of them. Of course the Royals won’t and shouldn’t respond to any of the allegations... it’s a fricking mess

SkyBlueScottie

I've succumbed and am watching. It's sad that family relations have broken down to such an extent. However they lose any sympathy by stating Archie isn't a Prince due to his skin colour, its a matter of public record that the protocols were changed years ago and due to succession he doesnt become a Prince. On the flipside, do I believe a member of the Royal Family would have mentioned the colour of Archie's skin, yes I bloody well do and we probably all know who it was. Then, there is The Royal Family, and any smattering of sympathy I may have had for them is diminished in a rapid fashion when you remember how they are shielding Prince Andrew. So after a few relatively stable years, they are back to being one of the most dysfunctional Family units in the world.omce again.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Didn't bother watching this crap. I'm so anti-royal, you wouldn't believe it! Get rid of the fucking monarchy just like France, Spain, Germany, Portugal etc... This country would be better off with an elected President!

Grendel

Didn't bother watching this crap. I'm so anti-royal, you wouldn't believe it! Get rid of the fucking monarchy just like France, Spain, Germany, Portugal etc... This country would be better off with an elected President!

Spain have a royal family

ccfc92

It was definitely a more interesting watch than I thought.

The main thing I took was Harry's reaction to talking about his "father" and William. That was 100% genuine IMO.

The whole removing their security was very questionable. I don't understand how they could be removed that protection, considering their level of status.

SG21

Didn't watch it nor need to thanks to it being talked everywhere hours before. I don't really care for the royal family - though I do find it funny how the more we hear, the more they resemble a typical mad family; all nuts.

The media are filth in this country, so I'm not surprised to hear Megan was sick of them. However, I can't help but think this will end badly for Harry as even before they met, she was known to fall out with everyone in her own family pretty quick. Things just don't add up. They wanted to leave due to interference in their personal life...then spills everything on what is basically Jeremy Kyle over there. Can't help but think they'll come a time where Harry says no to her and then he'll see another side of her he doesn't like.

More importantly, Oprah looks like Ian Wright in a wig.

skybluetony176

Didn’t watch it and couldn’t really care either way when it comes to the monarchy. But what I do find funny is the amount of people who on one hand want the monarchy abolished and on the other find Megan’s behaviour disrespectful to the monarchy.

Winny the Bish

Watched the interview last night and the media have massively blown this out of proportion...

Meghan: I love The Queen, she’s always been so nice to me and we still talk.

The Press: Meghan launches stunning attack on Queen.

It seems to me like the business around the royal family seriously needs to modernise, and they should be doing a thorough clear out of the HR, PR and advisors who seem to be stuck in the 18th Century and actually running the show.

covcity4life

It's easy to forget how fucked up the press is. Straight outta Compton wtf

Yet you see people online saying they are #teamkate loool. She one of our own...

ajsccfc

What an opener

Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown.

Beyond this, it’s the stuff of children’s stories. Having a queen as head of state is like having a pirate or a mermaid or Ewok as head of state. What’s the logic? Bees have queens, but the queen bee lays all of the eggs in the hive. The queen of the Britons has laid just four British eggs, and one of those is the sweatless creep Prince Andrew, so it’s hardly deserving of applause.

shmmeee

This was about the potential union of two great houses, the Windsors and Californian Celebrity. Only one of those things has a future, and it’s the one with the Netflix deal.

giphy.gif

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I for one am shocked to hear this

Think about it. How do you conduct a perfect interview with the least pushback possible?

- Talk about suicide
- Talk about race
- Don't name any people that 'allegedly' said stuff.
- Leave the queen out of it.

I'm not saying they didn't have some bad moments, and I for once have no horse in the royal family. I think they are probably guilty of quite a lot, and the Prince Andrew stuff is a joke for a start. I just think the way they have conducted themselves, and their behaviour is a bit suspect. I think you'll also find that my view isn't an unpopular one.

Now they have done their interview, and they are desperate for a life outside the public eye, they can now fuck off and retreat into enjoying their life in beautiful Santa Barbara without being bothered. I bet they won't, though.

Paxman II

Not a great monarchist myself, and in the 21st century the monarchy seems out of step, but there are many reasons for it. If it is to remain then it will need modernising, and the best move next would be Charlie boy skipping his right and let Wills and Kate get on with it.
Harry for me is hiding something that has caused a huge rift within the family. I suspect it revolves around the truth about his mother, and then other things have compounded it. The fact he's decided to do what he has done is very surprising, and he seems adament about it. The problem I have is why dish your dirty linen on the international arena then? Just go quietly. If he has isssues with the family that are so serious then surely you fight the cause from within and not run away? These minor inflections of race, skin colour, poor treatment, suicide are just smoke screens pontificated by a 'B' list actress who married a Prince.

Grendel

Well you can get rid of the president, and also aspire to be president yourself. No chance of me sending in my CV for the job of Queen when the time comes, and it being considered in a shortlisting process.

I do find the left arguments interesting on this especially when utopian versions of European models of how to operate are presented

I’ve never actually advocated royalty but it’s hard to argue against the Queen as being the best world leader and a positive argument for such a constitution

stay_up_skyblues

Liked this one...

Attachments

• E21AEB5D-1764-496B-BE8A-B4A85F9C19B4.jpeg
    E21AEB5D-1764-496B-BE8A-B4A85F9C19B4.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 3ABC802F-EE5F-4068-BDA1-C4602613332E.jpeg
    3ABC802F-EE5F-4068-BDA1-C4602613332E.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 49
  • ECA7BDC6-8B98-48E3-BC87-C6D0DE034678.jpeg
    ECA7BDC6-8B98-48E3-BC87-C6D0DE034678.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 45

David O'Day

Not a great monarchist myself, and in the 21st century the monarchy seems out of step, but there are many reasons for it. If it is to remain then it will need modernising, and the best move next would be Charlie boy skipping his right and let Wills and Kate get on with it.
Harry for me is hiding something that has caused a huge rift within the family. I suspect it revolves around the truth about his mother, and then other things have compounded it. The fact he's decided to do what he has done is very surprising, and he seems adament about it. The problem I have is why dish your dirty linen on the international arena then? Just go quietly. If he has isssues with the family that are so serious then surely you fight the cause from within and not run away? These minor inflections of race, skin colour, poor treatment, suicide are just smoke screens pontificated by a 'B' list actress who married a Prince.

That's some take

Users who are viewing this thread