Harry and Megan interview with Oprah Winfrey (1 Viewer)

SG21

Surprised to hear people want the royal family to continue. Honestly thought people stopped caring about them with all the drama we've had off them.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Social media isn't real life.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Nor are "reality" TV shows, but people still live their lives by them. Anyway, what has people's opinions got to do with whether Facebook, Instagram etc, are real life? The people that use them are real. I said it was their OPINIONS, not the actual sites! Duh!

TomRad85

Nor are "reality" TV shows, but people still live their lives by them. Anyway, what has people's opinions got to do with whether Facebook, Instagram etc, are real life? The people that use them are real. I said it was their OPINIONS, not the actual sites! Duh!
If you a basing what you think the mood of the nation is off of comments in your social media echo chambers, I've got bad news for you.

Houchens Head

If you a basing what you think the mood of the nation is off of comments in your social media echo chambers, I've got bad news for you.

And the bad news is.......?????

Bugsy

Nick

Administrator
The media whipping things up

A journalist literally shouted to Prince William "Are the royal family racist?" "No" "Have you spoken to Harry since the interview?" "No"

From that it's "Prince william slams claims the royal family are racist and is going to have words with his brother"

Fucking hell, he's hardly going to say "Yeah we are racist as fuck" is he?

Grendel

The media whipping things up

A journalist literally shouted to Prince William "Are the royal family racist?" "No" "Have you spoken to Harry since the interview?" "No"

From that it's "Prince william slams claims the royal family are racist and is going to have words with his brother"

Fucking hell, he's hardly going to say "Yeah we are racist as fuck" is he?

Strangely Dianne Abbott of all people has come out as a big supporter of Charles and refuses to believe he’s racist

Grendel

He was surely second favourite after Prince Phillip. Down to William, next? Or Camilla?

William unlikely - could be Andrew or Edward - the latter from my experience hasn’t got the highest IQ and by all accounts the former is worse - Charles I suspect is the only bright spark of the 3

Evo1883

She's mixed race, as much white as she is black... Why do they keep referring to her as black anyway?
It's weird to be honest, Portuguese lad at work is more black than meghan ffs... We operate in a strange way I must say

Ultimately though, when will we stop labelling each other and seperating each other ourselves?

As the saying goes, we are all just fecking people.

I mean I can understand medically why people are seperated, genetics etc... But we don't help ourselves do we.. Identity politics are shite

NorthernWisdom

William unlikely - could be Andrew or Edward - the latter from my experience hasn’t got the highest IQ and by all accounts the former is worse - Charles I suspect is the only bright spark of the 3
I always actually thought Prince Charles was alright, given his background, and got a rough deal mainly because his ex wife was blonde and attractive. I mean, I know his father isn't the best role model and all that, but...

Evo1883

I always actually thought Prince Charles was alright, given his background, and got a rough deal mainly because his ex wife was blonde and attractive. I mean, I know his father isn't the best role model and all that, but...

To be honest Phillip is alright really isn't he, has some outdated opinions but he's a bit of a laugh... When you don't take life so seriously that is, he's a daft old man

NorthernWisdom

To be honest Phillip is alright really isn't he, has some outdated opinions but he's a bit of a laugh... When you don't take life so seriously that is, he's a daft old man
Problem is, he was a daft young man, too!

Only second hand experience of Phillip I have, is he was an officious dismissive git, who was more annoyed after standing on smebody's foot that they were in his way, than if he'd actually hurt them or not.

Houchens Head

If you're basing public opinion off social media, you're not basing your opinion off reality... I think that's it really
That doesn't explain why it's "bad news" though?

Houchens Head

Because you will forever live in an alternate reality

If you're happy with that... It's not a bad thing... Just don't bring them facts to the party
So, are you saying Mori Polls, YouGov, The Kantar Group etc, are an alternative reality? Because they are also opinions of a broad spectrum of the nation. Just because someone uses Facebook or other social media to air their opinions, doesn't mean they are "alternate". Much the same as Sky Blues Talk really. We all have our opinions.

Evo1883

So, are you saying Mori Polls, YouGov, The Kantar Group etc, are an alternative reality? Because they are also opinions of a broad spectrum of the nation. Just because someone uses Facebook or other social media to air their opinions, doesn't mean they are "alternate". Much the same as Sky Blues Talk really. We all have our opinions.

Social media doesn't stack up to reality... It's a place where people stretch for likes and self gratification... A place where people latch onto any trend to feel relevant.
Basically, it's all false shite

Ccfcisparks

She's mixed race, as much white as she is black... Why do they keep referring to her as black anyway?
It's weird to be honest, Portuguese lad at work is more black than meghan ffs... We operate in a strange way I must say

Ultimately though, when will we stop labelling each other and seperating each other ourselves?

As the saying goes, we are all just fecking people.

I mean I can understand medically why people are seperated, genetics etc... But we don't help ourselves do we.. Identity politics are shite
Not really sure what this post is trying to get at to be honest Evo. Even if she is mixed race, she still will face the micro aggressions that a black person faces.

Evo1883

Not really sure what this post is trying to get at to be honest Evo. Even if she is mixed race, she still will face the micro aggressions that a black person faces.

I can't lol, probably for the best as my missus has just put me in a stinker 🤣

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The woke patrol are now gunning for Sharon Osborne.

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Polling is explicitly designed to be representative of the population it’s measuring. Social media bubbles are the exact opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread