League 2 done PPG then

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200609-125251_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200609-125251_Twitter.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 131

Skybluefaz

giphy.gif

harvey098

If I've understood it correctly. Next vote will be to play on or go with the EFL regs (meaning cov promoted). How many clubs would opt to play on? Probably only the handful that could mathematically get play-offs (but would miss out if stopped now) and the same for relegation (which really is only Tranmere)

fernandopartridge

I have a horrible feeling the vote maybe narrowly in favour of playing on.

I can't see it, very limited benefit for most teams. Even those capable of catching Rotherham need to balance up the risk and reward and will go with the play offs. Two game shot at promotion over a 10 or 12 game. It's a no brainer in reality.

Flying Fokker

EFL STATEMENT IN FULL

At an Extraordinary General Meeting on Tuesday 9 June, EFL Clubs voted on proposals in respect of changes to EFL Regulations in the event season 2019/20 is curtailed.

Proposals were submitted by Barnsley and Tranmere Rovers alongside amendments to an EFL Board proposal which were put forward by Lincoln City, Stevenage and Ipswich Town.

Following a vote on each by all 71 Clubs, it was overwhelmingly agreed (by a majority of all clubs and a majority in the Championship) to adopt the EFL Board’s proposal into EFL Regulations, which now means the following applies in the event a division curtails its 2019/20 season or it is ended by any other means.

1. Final divisional placings will be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
2. Promotion and relegation should be retained.
3. Play-Offs will be played in all circumstances but will not be extended (beyond four teams).

Clubs in Leagues One and Two will now meet by division later today to formally determine whether to resume playing the 2019/20 season or opt for curtailment.

Users who are viewing this thread