Happy League Champions Day (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

The cov fan in me just can’t see a straight fwd day where it’s confirmed we are promoted.

Fully expect Promotion, coupled with some court news, or MR off to Birmingham or something else to give with one hand and take with the other
let’s hope it’s the following:

Champions and promotion confirmed
Hamer and O’Hare permanent signings announced

Sky Blue Pete

There's no asterisk. We fully deserve it, we would still win the title if the season was played out.
Be great if we voted to play on and it went ppg anyway. Can’t see Fleetwood, Portsmouth or oxford voting to play on apart form play offs

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

There's no asterisk. We fully deserve it, we would still win the title if the season was played out.

Asterisks are for after the names of champions who have had previous failed drug tests & things like that, the only asterisk we deserve is a star to denote the rightful champions 2019/2020 :)

The way we were playing, the form we were in, we'd have won the league comfortably anyway, and anyone that says otherwise, well they just have to look at the league table when games stopped. There's no ifs, buts, maybes about it, we were away from every other team at the top for a reason- we were better than everyone else.

Been waiting decades to be able to say something like that

Ring Of Steel

Who is this EFL Zone fella?

No idea if its a person or a group of people or what, but a twitter account with a pretty accurate track record of calling things right before they happen, got all the details of meetings/ delays pretty much bang on so far.

Here it is

Grendel

Who is this EFL Zone fella?

it just takes snippets from other club sites - it has a couple of thousand followers and offers no real insight

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Asterisks are for after the names of champions who have had previous failed drug tests & things like that, the only asterisk we deserve is a star to denote the rightful champions 2019/2020 :)

The way we were playing, the form we were in, we'd have won the league comfortably anyway, and anyone that says otherwise, well they just have to look at the league table when games stopped. There's no ifs, buts, maybes about it, we were away from every other team at the top for a reason- we were better than everyone else.

Been waiting decades to be able to say something like that
Is anyone actually bothered about asterisks? I just want out of this league.

Ring Of Steel

Is anyone actually bothered about asterisks? I just want out of this league.

Coming up for two hours spent in meeting 1, would love to be a fly on the wall/ hack into the zoom meeting and listen to whats happening there. I guess this one was always going to be longer though as its for the whole EFL, not just our division, would like to think that the 3pm one is just straight down to business, get the vote done.

Gibbo

Breaking news - meeting delayed
Rick Parry rushed to A&E to get splinters taken out of his arse.
No that is unfair on Parry who has always been clear about what he wanted - PPG. He has had the job of herding powerful recalcitrants like Posh into accepting the inevitable, rather than risk defeat when some clubs may have thought there was something to be gained by carrying on. It is more about some club's bosses being a bit thick. For quite a long time it looked at thou Posh had a majority or at least were close to getting one.

Grendel

Has it been confirmed they’ll announce it today?

It won’t be as there will be a board meeting to ratify the outcome of the vote

harvey098

let’s hope it’s the following:

Champions and promotion confirmed
Hamer and O’Hare permanent signings announced

I haven’t been in here much recently. Who is Hamer? I googled and can only find a keeper or a league 2 right back. Neither are positions we need to replace hopefully. Confused.

D

Deleted member 4439

According to Leeds Live, "The second meeting today is expected to be around 3pm, which is where clubs will vote on the framework for the EFL season, if it curtailed."

Nick

Administrator
According to Leeds Live, "The second meeting today is expected to be around 3pm, which is where clubs will vote on the framework for the EFL season, if it curtailed."

Framework doesn't sound as if it will be awarded today?

Users who are viewing this thread