Hamer (4 Viewers)

Frostie

Good price and at least not moving within the division, but screws us over with recruiting replacements somewhat. Leaves us a bit up the creek in midfield tomorrow too.

A pity he couldn’t have engineered this back in June.
They'll have needed to move the likes of Berge & N'diaye on first. It sounds like he had made his feelings clear to MR some time ago.

Brighton Sky Blue

They'll have needed to move the likes of Berge & N'diaye on first. It sounds like he had made his feelings clear to MR some time ago.
I don’t see why, given the massive PL windfall they’ve just had and they have spent £10 million on other signings in the last few months. The owners must be massive tightarses…

Flying Fokker

Bad move for Hamer given that he’s homesick! This is what it came to? I think 15m is about right for us. How will he fare in their team?

Otis

Good price and at least not moving within the division, but screws us over with recruiting replacements somewhat. Leaves us a bit up the creek in midfield tomorrow too.

A pity he couldn’t have engineered this back in June.
Do you not think MR has replacements already lined up? Surely he would have done that as a contingency anyway would'nt he?

Brighton Sky Blue

£15m is a fair price.... but fuck this stings.

2 Games into the season, and we've already seen how pivotal to this team he is... and now we're selling him on the eve of the first home game.

Pissed me right off
Last summer we were set to lose O’Hare for about half that money before he tore a muscle and we lost the player while bringing no money in. We managed, somehow.

We will manage this too.

Last edited:

Skyblue_CP

Gutted is an understatement, he’s the heartbeat of our team, right before the first home game which by all accounts will be a near sell out. We just have to hope we recruit a couple a very good replacements.

Jamieb87ccfc

I’ve seen a lot of conflicting reports. This morning I saw Sheff Utd have moved for Smallbone as Hamer is to expensive.
Also Sheff Utd have sold there best players and have huge debts and an owner thats lost interest or is a bit of a crook. There is also stuff floating around about FFP. There my favourites to be the first team relegated this season.

Grendel

Haha! It’s actually impressive how much of a prick you are

love island plane GIF by 9go

Skyblue_LDN

I bloody hate the transfer window, wish it shut before the first game. Would rather have sold for less earlier in the window and had time to plan accordingly. Losing Vik and Gus is a real blow if this is legit, let’s just get behind the boys and hope Simms and Wright click and that O’Hare comes back a world beater 🙏 Palmer has looked a handful, but we need someone to drive the midfield on and get us on the front foot, that or start finishing our chances

Ccfcisparks

How ? Did we turn down £15m weeks ago ?
No we didn't, but if it was clear he was leaving we could have offered him round. Its likely we missed out on targets to replace him due to dilly dallying over this. We didn't have to have him sold, we needed to know he was going and could have bought replacements.

cooperskyblue

Absolutrly Gutting. What a player he is. But to get 35m from 2 players we paid a combined 2.5m for is unbelievable business. And we have invested a lot. And I'm sire this opens up mote doors for us to be able to spend more between now and the deadline.

Have full faith in Robins that we will sign some more good players. And have a much more complete squad than last year, even without the 2 star men.

Users who are viewing this thread