Hamer (4 Viewers)

PVA

Sounds like there's certainly an impasse at the moment

"Look, that’s something that he knows where we stand and he knows where he stands, and we just get on with things."

slowpoke

The big thing for me is we don’t need to sell for the money, so we can hang on to him (doubt we will do that) or get the biggest deal possible.
Don’t agree we need to give ultimatums if clubs are seriously sniffing around fine and there seems to be at least two then let the auction begin.
Listening to Robins last night he seemed relaxed and assured for the continued re-build so to me he knows exactly what’s happening with Gus. and will act accordingly and Gus likely know who might be heading this way.

Levship20

The story yesterday evening was that Fulham are expected to come back in.
Will this make our move for Mcnally more difficult if we sell to another club, not Burnley?
Just think a cash plus player might benefit us but if it is just a straight purchase, Burnley will slap a massive price tag on him.

Speedie's Head

Will this make our move for Mcnally more difficult if we sell to another club, not Burnley?
Just think a cash plus player might benefit us but if it is just a straight purchase, Burnley will slap a massive price tag on him.
We rejected the Burnley offer apparently. I think that we'd over-pay for McNally in that kind of deal anyway. I've no idea who else they might be looking at

Sky Blue Harry H

My thoughts too, tbh. But if Burnley are trying to put a 'take the p£ss value on McNally, at least we have the option of alternatives if we gat an all cash deal. Would still like Twine plus McNally if Gus goes there.

Hobo

We rejected the Burnley offer apparently. I think that we'd over-pay for McNally in that kind of deal anyway. I've no idea who else they might be looking at

However Burnley aren't flush with money and McNally is still surplus to their requirements. There is a deal there to be had and I think 2.5 to 3m plus add ons would get him.

Hobo

Burnley are being tight with their pennies I don’t think they’d get near to our valuation of Hamer
Correct, they still have a financial hangover from when they were last in the Premier League. Can only see a cash plus players deal with them.

RegTheDonk

This is a football club, players come players go. The team does not revolve around him and other than the last few months of the season, he has been a £5m player at best. Take the money, invest wisely, move on.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
If you reckon we'd only get £5M we'd be better off giving him that in wages over a long contract.

Balli001

MR now saying (what we all been saying all of last season) hes the best midfielder/player in the championship.

Why wouldnt you get him on a long term contract then!
Because from what he is saying it seems its at an impasse. Hamers agent no doubt seeing what is out there before he commits

TomRad85

He'll stay for a year on an improved deal with a release clause I reckon. If we don't go up we'll be able to recruit well from his sale next summer similar to Vik this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

MR now saying (what we all been saying all of last season) hes the best midfielder/player in the championship.

Why wouldnt you get him on a long term contract then!
He is, and should be priced as such, been reported that Bristol City have turned down £22million for Alex Scott, if that’s the going rate for the best let’s go for it.

Balli001

He is, and should be priced as such, been reported that Bristol City have turned down £22million for Alex Scott, if that’s the going rate for the best let’s go for it.
The issue being his remaining contract length. He is worth that money but only 12 months left knocks that down sadly.

Manchester_sky_blue

He'll stay for a year on an improved deal with a release clause I reckon. If we don't go up we'll be able to recruit well from his sale next summer similar to Vik this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I think this is where we are headed. I think MRs comments about wanting Gus to stay " another 12 months at least" are carefully chosen. 1 year extension on improved terms with a non-promotion release clause. Possibly with a break point in January if we are nowhere near.

I suspect Gus is happy with that too but obviously he's going to wait and see what anyone else is willing to offer before making a final decision.

fernandopartridge

Robins didn't say there had actually been any approaches. Headline is the usual misleading CT clickbait shit.

“There’s speculation about Gus but it’s obvious speculation. He was the best midfield player, for me, in the Championship last season - 100 percent. He scored goals, added goals to his game and looked a real threat. Obviously he scored his goal at Wembley and then his injury cost us the final and we just couldn’t get over the line.”

Londonccfcfan

Alex Scott, I dont know anything or too much about him.

That's. Madness if true, he must have some very high ceiling/potential that has nowhere yet been realised.

Yet didnt he get in the TOTS last year ahead of Hamer too.

But what the fuck do I know about football all i can go by is what i see in person over 40 odd games.

Users who are viewing this thread