Hamer (6 Viewers)

Kilclines curly mullet

Why are you all still talking about him?

Fuck him, he led us dkwn the garden path all summer leaving us a couple of weeks to replace him

At least Vik was upfront and honest
How did he lead us down the garden path all summer ?

The guy was under contract for another year, he had no reason to come out and say this or that. He was offered a new contract and didn’t sign it.

At that point, it’s up to the club as to keeping him or selling him.

He didn’t lead anyone.

Astute

Fuck him, he led us dkwn the garden path all summer leaving us a couple of weeks to replace him

So he led us down the garden path because nobody put an offer in that we saw acceptable?

Saddlebrains

From Day one of pre season the reason he gave for not committing was the family issues

Robins and Club of course understood this hence no pressure and the media narrative of 'its there for him, no pressure needs to have a think what he wants'

Until the week of the Wimbledon game where it was then 'Yea i wanna go Sheffield United' after being told they would give him 45k a week not the 25 we offered and he had in fact asked for

Hence the sudden change of tack in the press from Robins that week also

Tommo1993

‘Led us down the garden path’ 🤣

Love how fans lap up scripted answers in interviews after a player has signed. Or being completely naive when a player is giving ambiguous answers when hassled by fans about if he’s staying or not.

But hating on the best midfielder at the level for awaiting a transfer is fair game. Hamer’s fault that CCFC accepted a bid from PL relegation fodder I suppose.

He never said once this summer that he was staying.

Hertsccfc

I am really not interested in him any more and like Grendel I am going to keep coming back on here and tell everyone how not interested I am.

Hobo

How is not signing a contract leading us down the garden path? 😂. We all know any club will sell any player for the right offer at the drop of a hat.

I loved watching him play and develop while he was here. I wish him well and will enjoy watching him play in future; even if it is against us next season.

Tommo1993

Tbf if I was offered £25k that I asked for, I wouldn’t be interested in the £20k increase somebody else offered. Definitely not.

Saddlebrains

I am really not interested in him any more and like Grendel I am going to keep coming back on here and tell everyone how not interested I am.

Literally my only comment telling people to get over it

Either way, hes gone, hes not our player anymore, and we should be focusing our support on whoever comes in to replace him, not sucking him off because he came back to watch us

Great player, maybe the best we've had since prem relegation, but like Vik, didnt want to be here anymore so we thank him for all the great days but now its sayonarra and enjoy the relegation battle

skybluecam

At the end of the day it was the club’s decision, he was under contract for another year and we could’ve rejected any bids.

You can’t expect him to sign an extension on half the wages he would get in the premier league with no guarantee he could leave at the end of the year.

So the club had a choice between £15m or one more year of Hamer and they chose the former. End of story, there’s no one to really “blame” in this situation.

PVA

He did with the fans, he was telling everyone he wanted to stay but we all know that wasn’t true.

If it was before the Sheffield United interest then maybe he did want to stay.

And if he didn't want to stay, what do you expect him to say? He's not going to tell everyone he wants to leave, given he lives in the area and football fans are well known for being perfectly rational and level headed. Hardly going to go round telling everyone he wants out.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Don't get some of our fans this guy has given his best (which IMO has been very good) yet because he wants to better himself financially by moving to Sheffield he is suddenly the worlds worst.To me this guy loved his stay with us but had the chance so wish him good luck and move on .

hamertime

If it was before the Sheffield United interest then maybe he did want to stay.

And if he didn't want to stay, what do you expect him to say? He's not going to tell everyone he wants to leave, given he lives in the area and football fans are well known for being perfectly rational and level headed. Hardly going to go round telling everyone he wants out.
If he wanted to stay he could have just said he wanted to stay and sign a new contract or publicly say it himself. It was making the club look bad at one point and people were turning against Doug saying he’s not giving him the money he wants. Buy in reality he wanted to be liked by the fans he has made friends with. I respect Vik more as he just said he wants to go.

Both legends and brilliant for the club but I prefer an honest straight up man that’s why Vik will be remembered more fondly for me.

hamertime

It was the bullshitters on here who led us down the garden path by pretending they knew what was going on
The problem was I know loads of people who knew him and he was telling them all he wanted to stay, but did he really.

It doesn’t matter anyway he’s gone and he obviously still loves the club so it’s all good.

Bad Boy

I say again, as far back as post PO final- Hamer was off.
I knew that for a fact because one of my eldest sons clients is Gus' agent and told him he was off if we didn't get promoted.
I came on here several times and said it was 'my understanding he was off' but couldn't divulge my source of information.
There was no bullshitting and pretending on my part.

Kilclines curly mullet

The problem was I know loads of people who knew him and he was telling them all he wanted to stay, but did he really.

It doesn’t matter anyway he’s gone and he obviously still loves the club so it’s all good.
I want to stay at my employer but if someone offers me double my wages and the chance to compete at the top of my profession then I’m off.

Also, he is not going to go around telling all of the ‘hangers on’ that he wants to leave is he ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Would you be shocked if I told you every new signing doesn’t actually think we’re a massive club?

Sick Boy

These people obviously weren’t that close to him then.

hamertime

I want to stay at my employer but if someone offers me double my wages and the chance to compete at the top of my profession then I’m off.

Also, he is not going to go around telling all of the ‘hangers on’ that he wants to leave is he ?
What I’m saying is, it was turning fans against the club as they believed Hamer. That I didn’t like. Be a man like Vik, don’t bother with hangers on and just say you want to go.

SlowerThanPlatt

What I’m saying is, it was turning fans against the club as they believed Hamer. That I didn’t like. Be a man like Vik, don’t bother with hangers on and just say you want to go.
Who are these people? His family? His best mate? If not, I don’t understand why you or they would expect an honest answer

RegTheDonk

Someone here said Moore reckons he wanted away as soon as we failed to get promoted. If this was the case, is this Moore's fact or speculation? Hardly think he would be the only player to spill his guts to someone.

Nobody is 100% privvy to what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe Gust tells people he wants to say because he genuinely did. Then along comes social and true media speculation/bullshit. Other clubs get sniffing. Big wages are mentioned. Perhaps he starts to look at the bigger picutre. Then Sheff U actually come along with a dumper truck of money which also forces Dougs hand. Mark, if we don't get promoted we're chucking £15M ... wedge you can have to replace him and more.

Nobody knows what really went on, it's all heresay. Just hope the people we have brought in can influence the game as much as he has.

Sick Boy

Someone here said Moore reckons he wanted away as soon as we failed to get promoted. If this was the case, is this Moore's fact or speculation? Hardly think he would be the only player to spill his guts to someone.

Nobody is 100% privvy to what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe Gust tells people he wants to say because he genuinely did. Then along comes social and true media speculation/bullshit. Other clubs get sniffing. Big wages are mentioned. Perhaps he starts to look at the bigger picutre. Then Sheff U actually come along with a dumper truck of money which also forces Dougs hand. Mark, if we don't get promoted we're chucking £15M ... wedge you can have to replace him and more.

Nobody knows what really went on, it's all heresay. Just hope the people we have brought in can influence the game as much as he has.
In reality these people probably don't know him and bump into him from time to time and asked him what was going on - he's hardly going to have told them he didn't want to stay.

Hobo

He was a liability to the team and had to change. He did change.
People didn't think he could change though? Now some are talking again as if players like Eccles and Sheaf can't also step up, develop and change?

Not saying they will be better than Hamer, but I can see them both becoming better players by the end of this season if they avoid serious injuries.

skybluecam

People didn't think he could change though? Now some are talking again as if players like Eccles and Sheaf can't also step up, develop and change?

Not saying they will be better than Hamer, but I can see them both becoming better players by the end of this season if they avoid serious injuries.
Hamer’s liability was always his brain, not his feet. You could see he was a level above from the minute he joined the club but had to improve his discipline and decision making.

Eccles and Sheaf aren’t the same.

NortonSkyBlue

He took advice and became a better player .IMO he will do the same in the Premier league and at the end of the season you will see a vast improvement on now and his worth will be far more than £15 mill.
My opinion too. He will be a big player for Sheffield United. He won’t be the first not to shine against City

Users who are viewing this thread