Hamer (3 Viewers)

Hobo

It was hard for any Sheffield United player to shine today. United were obviously very mindful of their defensive duties, but I don't think they intended to be so much on the back foot?

I think there was 15 minutes when they didn't get out their own half and it wasn't for the want of trying. Despite being forced onto the back foot so much they almost stole a result.

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s a lost soul at Shitfield, all his mates are here in Coventry and his Skyblue family. He chased the Money, he will regret it .
It's not about the money, money, money
Gus don't need the money, money, money
He just wanna make the Blaaaades dance
Forget about the price tag
Ain't about the, uh, Doug King, Doug King
Ain't about the, yeah, King of Shaves
Wanna make the Blades dance

RegTheDonk

Just watched Sheff utd v Man City . Hamer looked like a lost sheep . I think he knows he’s made a massive mistake. He had about 6 touches in the second half. Never mentioned literally all game. He needs to come home .
Chap outside after the match yesterday reckoned Gus was watching in the corporates with a lad, presumably his kid. Prob rubbish just repeating what I heard.

theferret

It's all gone a bit weird. Gus came to the game as it was an opportunity for him to say goodbye to a few people he hadn't had chance to see before he left. A few kids from the family stand had their picture taken. So what. That's it. Nothing cringe about it and I doubt we'll see him again this season. People have weird overreactions to complete non events.

quinn1971

Surely he’s going to get fed up playing in that team every week, hope the extra moneys worth it,he’s gone from being the main man to hardly getting a kick, they’ve signed the best centre mid in the championship and playing him as a winger, makes perfect sense, hardly had a kick in two games

Nobbie_67

Surely he’s going to get fed up playing in that team every week, hope the extra moneys worth it,he’s gone from being the main man to hardly getting a kick, they’ve signed the best centre mid in the championship and playing him as a winger, makes perfect sense, hardly had a kick in two games

Apart from his goal in his first game against forest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVA

He's not playing as a winger.

Played AM in the first game and CM today (from the little I saw of it).

skybluecam

It's not about the money, money, money
Gus don't need the money, money, money
He just wanna make the Blaaaades dance
Ain't about the, uh, Doug King, Doug King
Ain't about the, yeah, King of Shaves
Wanna make the Blades dance
Not sure I ever thought I’d see a football song to the tune of Jessie J

quinn1971

Apart from his goal in his first game against forest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s all he did, after 2 games he’s hardly had a kick, gonna be a long season for him but I’m sure when he checks his bank every week he won’t be too bothered, just a shame with all that quality he won’t get much chance to show it in that team

Otis

He's playing for a newly promoted side against St the European champions who swept the board domestically.

Not sure it's the best game to judge him on!
He's made two starts now hasn't he? I would say that's more than enough time to judge whether he is good enough for the Premier League.

Some might even say he could have been judged sooner.

Last edited:

Astute

What's wrong with some people?

He wanted to leave and have a chance at the top level. We wanted the money. As we can see with him joining Sheffield United he would have stayed with us if we got promoted. He did more than anyone else to try and get us promoted.

So he didn't single handedly take on Man City and beat them. Not a surprise is it. He will get his chance to shine.

I suppose all those constantly having a go at him would never change their job for a more challenging role that also pays double/treble their pay. Sheffield United wouldn't have been his first choice but they were the only side who met our valuation. Yes he will miss not being a part of what he helped build at our club. But a football players career is short. Always one injury away from it ending as well. Wouldn't have been an easy decision to make.

Astute

He's made two starts now hasn't he? I was would say that's more than enough time to judge whether he is good enough for the Premier League.

Some might even say he could have been judged sooner.
Hamer is shite. Simms is shite. But when proven to be wrong the same people will be looking for someone else to have a go at.

Great_Expectations

I’m still in a similar place to when he left; tremendous player for us, wish he had stayed, but he’s gone, and in all honesty (his fault or otherwise) it’s left a slightly bitter taste.

It’s a bizarre move for him, but I’m sure he’s hoping he’ll have enough moments to show his quality and get the move he actually wants next summer. If not, he’ll be back in the Championship next year.

Or re-joins us for our promotion party.

clint van damme

I’m still in a similar place to when he left; tremendous player for us, wish he had stayed, but he’s gone, and in all honesty (his fault or otherwise) it’s left a slightly bitter taste.

It’s a bizarre move for him, but I’m sure he’s hoping he’ll have enough moments to show his quality and get the move he actually wants next summer. If not, he’ll be back in the Championship next year.

Or re-joins us for our promotion party.

I'm not sure why you think it's a bizarre move.
He was fantastic for us but I don't think he was going to get better than a bottom 3rd EPL club in this country.

Users who are viewing this thread