Hamer (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

You think k Hamers going to emulate Keane, we'll see.

No. He’s six years or so older for a start. But I think he’s a level above the vast majority of players I’ve seen in sky blue in 36 years regardless of the level they played at, and writing him off as “a good Championship player” likes he’s done a tour or Swansea, Bristol and Stoke in his career is a bit harsh!

junglej13

Dawkins suggesting on twitter that Hamer wanted 25k and told the club this months ago, the club refused to match it and by the time they did his head had been turned.
I'm truth the new deal is king of irrelevant. Even the relegated teams like Leicester and Leeds could blow us out of the water in terms of wages. Even if he had signed a new deal then he would have still had his head turned by bigger offers (which most human beings would). We might just have got a slighter bigger fee for him.

As it stands we've had three years of a brilliant player and are still receiving a massive fee for him.

Dickie

Brentford done alright

And look at how many Brighton have sold, they're still a damn good outfit
But Brentford (when in Championship) usually had the replacement on the books and had been nurturing him and getting him up to speed. Not the case with us unfortunately.

AFCCOVENTRY

There we have it! Soap opera over

Terrible timing, at least Vik was up front and made it clear he wanted out the moment Dabo skied his peno at Wembley

We didn’t receive any suitable bids for him and now we’re happy with what SU have offered. Gus just didn’t make a drama out of it like our fan base have. With Vik it was his agent spinning this.

I’m also glad this is now finally sorted either way. Robins has 3 weeks to do some more business.

Greggs

Its fine, so long as you're smart and re-invest the sales money.

Gus is a Premier League quality player.

We don't need Premier League quality players. We need top end Championship players. The money from his sale can (if done correctly) bring in two decent players that can compete against the best in this division.

For us, two quality Championship players is better than one Premier League standard player.
Wright and Simms better than Gyokores?

clint van damme

No. He’s six years or so older for a start. But I think he’s a level above the vast majority of players I’ve seen in sky blue in 36 years regardless of the level they played at, and writing him off as “a good Championship player” likes he’s done a tour or Swansea, Bristol and Stoke in his career is a bit harsh!

But that's all he is currently.
He may go on to do more, I'm not bothered either way, but until he does, that's the level he's at.

shmmeee

But that's all he is currently.
He may go on to do more, I'm not bothered either way, but until he does, that's the level he's at.

The level he’s at is at least an outstanding Championship player. His stats are ridiculous. As I say CMs getting double figures goals and assists is pretty much unheard of outside of a few big names across the top divisions. He’s widely seen as the best player at this level.

shmmeee

If we're not careful we'll end up with a big squad of over paid, average players. It's been done multiple times by clubs trying to do what ate doing. For every Brentford, there is 10 teams that have tried and failed.

This is my worry. Thomas, Latibeaudiere even Sakamoto are reasonable. Once you get above £2m for a player they really need to have instant impact.

Brighton Sky Blue

The level he’s at is at least an outstanding Championship player. His stats are ridiculous. As I say CMs getting double figures goals and assists is pretty much unheard of outside of a few big names across the top divisions. He’s widely seen as the best player at this level.
And yet nobody in the Prem wanted him beyond clubs that are certain to be relegated.

Speedie's Head

Greatly improved last season with the goals and sorting out his discipline problem.

Hertsccfc

Just seen this and really disappointed. Hamer has been our best player since relegation from the Premier League and is still improving. I guess we have no choice but if they get him for £15 million they have a real bargain.

We will have money to invest in players but Hamer and Gyokeres were on a different level to most in this division and I am not sure we will necessarily find replacements of their level. Yes we can improve all areas of the team but you cannot overestimate the value of having a player who is so clearly outstanding.

Skybluedownunder

As much as I love Hamer, no matter how many goals and assists he will get… I’m not putting him in my fantasy team due to all the bookings he will get haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Apart from the money if this is about playing in the prem then it suggests that Hamer doesn't fancy our chances of being in it next season as Sheff utd are almost certain to be straight back down, who to replace him is the question, I suspect whoever comes in is going to get a rough ride as fans will be comparing them, there is a player, Kitalano, at Sparta Rotterdam my lad told me about a couple of weeks back who looks decent but I'm not sure we get a replacement who doesn't need development without splashing all £15 million on a like for like.
P.S how much is Smallbone worth

Speedie's Head

Apart from the money if this is about playing in the prem then it suggests that Hamer doesn't fancy our chances of being in it next season as Sheff utd are almost certain to be straight back down, who to replace him is the question, I suspect whoever comes in is going to get a rough ride as fans will be comparing them, there is a player, Kitalano, at Sparta Rotterdam my lad told me about a couple of weeks back who looks decent but I'm not sure we get a replacement who doesn't need development without splashing all £15 million on a like for like.
There will be a few ideas obviously and probably talks already underway with clubs but who really knows?

shmmeee

Greatly improved last season with the goals and sorting out his discipline problem.

His key passes and ball recoveries have always been outstanding. This idea that he’s only been decent since January is a nonsense TBH. He’s missed 6 games in three years from suspension and three of those were 6 games into his first season. The last two years he’s missed a game a season from. Yes he’s taken it to another level, but he’s always been excellent.

Bad Boy

My understanding is the deal was done yesterday and his medical is taking place today.
Sheffield United offered several million more than Burnley and better personal terms.

Users who are viewing this thread