Hamer (3 Viewers)

Greggs

Worth noting it looks like King got a good deal again. We certainly aren't pushovers anymore

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
But paid 19 million for two unproven strikers......

Pusb1

Also,

Many a player would have refused to play knowing they ultimately want to move.

See Guaita for Palace and Gnonto for Leeds

full credit that he put himself forward to play right up until the end

CCFC54321

This provides the club a great opportunity to strengthen if the money is reinvested in two or three quality additions. If we can’t get out of this division after spending £35m plus a squad I give up.

Im gutted as much as anyone but us old boys have been here countless amounts of times before. We’ve moved on and so will the club.

Thanks for the last three seasons Gus and when you re-join city after Sheffield United are relegated next season and we are promoted I hope you continue like before.

StrettoBoy

Sorry to see him go. He has been a great player for us but he deserves to play in the Premiership.

I can only hope that he returns if we get promoted and Sheffield United are relegated.

🙂

Grendel

Low end championship liability some said. We have some clueless talent spotters.

Lets hope you can discover the next Dabo - after all we now have £10 million to spend which is what I believe he is worth

Londonccfcfan

Need to make sure some hefty additional clauses.
As well as usual stuff and sell on clause.

1) International cap
2) Sheffield United stay up etc etc

clint van damme

Im not sure that will be his fault though. Agree to disagree but I think Hamer is a better all round player than Dublin, and I rate Dublin. Hamer is up there with Keane, McAllister, Nilsson IMO for a rare breed of player that makes the game look effortless. That’s in no way an attempt to denigrate Dublin who I love. I hate these stupid “which of these players is better” games.

Dublin played at striker and centre half in the top flight!
You're upset he's gone, but you're just compounding the upset by over exaggerating his ability.

Be stoic, forget about him and move on, and remember, we've got Callum to come back!

shmmeee

Dublin played at striker and centre half in the top flight!
You're upset he's gone, but you're just compounding the upset by over exaggerating his ability.

Be stoic, forget about him and move on, and remember, we've got Callum to come back!

We’re going round in circles. I’ve rated him the highest of all our “big” players since the first season he was here. It’s fine if you don’t, but I’m not claiming nostalgia and old age memory are clouding your judgement :p

Whether Cal comes back as Cal is a whole other question, but he doesn’t replace half of what Gus does for the team. Season hangs on a replacement for me and if Haji Wright is what £11m gets you and Simm £8m and van Ewijk £3.5m, I’m really not sure how we’d replace Gus even if we had the full £15m and then some to spend.

clint van damme

We’re going round in circles. I’ve rated him the highest of all our “big” players since the first season he was here. It’s fine if you don’t, but I’m not claiming nostalgia and old age memory are clouding your judgement :p

Whether Cal comes back as Cal is a whole other question, but he doesn’t replace half of what Gus does for the team. Season hangs on a replacement for me and if Haji Wright is what £11m gets you and Simm £8m and van Ewijk £3.5m, I’m really not sure how we’d replace Gus even if we had the full £15m and then some to spend.

I rate him highly, great last 6 or 7 months and very good before that.
But I don't elevate his worth beyond players who were clearly better and have achieved more.

And yes, he'll be difficult to replace, but at the moment he's still what I say he is, a very good championship player who's moved to a premiership relegation candidate.

Covcraig@bury

Thanks for the memories Gus you are one of the best players I’ve seen at City .
MR you better have someone half as good lined up for his replacement or we could be in the villa 💩🪣🧻

Ccfcisparks

Dawkins suggesting on twitter that Hamer wanted 25k and told the club this months ago, the club refused to match it and by the time they did his head had been turned.

shmmeee

I rate him highly, great last 6 or 7 months and very good before that.
But I don't elevate his worth beyond players who were clearly better and have achieved more.

And yes, he'll be difficult to replace, but at the moment he's still what I say he is, a very good championship player who's moved to a premiership relegation candidate.

So was Robbie Keane once upon a time.

bigfatronssba

I didn't think you got anywhere by selling your best players every season?...........

Its fine, so long as you're smart and re-invest the sales money.

Gus is a Premier League quality player.

We don't need Premier League quality players. We need top end Championship players. The money from his sale can (if done correctly) bring in two decent players that can compete against the best in this division.

For us, two quality Championship players is better than one Premier League standard player.

Users who are viewing this thread