Hamer (21 Viewers)

Offhegoes

Like with Vik, glad it is over with. If he won't sign, then he has to go, and now.

I knew Vik would be off after losing the Play Off Final but held out some hope that Gus may sign a new contract, especially when we seemed to be spending some cash, improving the training facilities, pitch etc.

Money talks though, and I am sure his salary will be almost double what we were offering.

No bad feelings. 15 million is a great price.
Gives Robins a chunk of cash to buy a great replacement, and possibly add 1 or 2 more to the squad.

Sheff Utd will almost certainly go down this season, and if we go up, we'll buy him back next Summer. Job done.

bigfatronssba

I’d like to think the replacement is all lined up.

Always really irritating when players are sold at the end of the window.

Either the money goes in the owners pocket or the manager panic buys

nunchuckas

I was ok with Vik going, but Gus is different. He's a one off player, unique, a magician and a literal hero. Almost single handedly dragged us there last season, if only he didn't go off injured on 80 mins....

We NEED to go up this season; Sheffield United go down - bring him home! (and I don't normally like re signing former players).

San Francisco

Brother told me this yesterday, didn’t believe him at first and asked him what his source was but turns out he’s more ITK than I thought…

I wish Hamer well, he was nothing short of mesmerising for us and I hope he puts himself in the shop window when Sheff inevitably come back down. Or we buy him back off them when we pass them on the way up 🤣

shmmeee

There’s only three words I want to see in the official press release about this: “buy back clause”

Londonccfcfan

Fucking devastated, but safe to say I have enjoyed every second of him playing for us from the minute he arrived.

Raved about him from min one. Will always be my favorite player.

Everyone moves on. £15m. Is a decent fee. Think hes worth double that.

Deflated.

stay_up_skyblues

Channeling those feelings I had for him after the red card V Birmingham.

Never fancied her anyway.

Jokes aside, I’d be amazed if we didn’t have the replacement already lined up. For now, we need Pamler/Saka to make up the loss in creativity and one of or both the big money forwards to find their composure!

All will be forgotten if Hagi bags a brace tomorrow 🤞

Ccfcisparks

Fucking devastated, but safe to say I have enjoyed every second of him playing for us from the minute he arrived.

Raved about him from min one. Will always be my favorite player.

Everyone moves on. £15m. Is a decent fee. Think hes worth double that.

Deflated.
There was no way we would get £30m with a year left.

shmmeee

So looking for: a talismanic player who can drive us forwards, pull the strings of the team, pick passes anywhere on the pitch, agressive, hard working, skilful, captain potential, excellent ball recovery stats, under 25, who loves being here, can shoot from range, will get double figures goals and assists, and can take set pieces.

Simple.

CovLis86

There will be a lot of young kids crying today (and probably some not so young....) but it's been a joy to watch him and I believe genuinely give his all. Fair play he deserves this, and I'm sure the wage boost means he can now fly to Netherlands weekly in first class right 😉

Wish him the best of luck and thanks for the entertainment.

Essexrobbie

So looking for: a talismanic player who can drive us forwards, pull the strings of the team, pick passes anywhere on the pitch, agressive, hard working, skilful, captain potential, excellent ball recovery stats, under 25, who loves being here, can shoot from range, will get double figures goals and assists, and can take set pieces.

Simple.
We had one....but just sold him, and in doing so f**ked our chances of promotion in my view , but City have been and always will be a selling club. :(

David O'Day

Simple.
You seem to still be looking for your cock, give it a rest

shmmeee

Like many others on here, I've seen far better leave in the past and I'm sure I'll see better leave in the future.
Good luck to him but we'll push on without him. I have a sure faith in MR and AV.

Not sure how old you are Clint, but in my 30 odd years of following the club I haven’t, and those I could argue about (Dublin, Gallagher, Keane, McAllister) have certainly not preceded good times at the club.

1ccfc

Simple.
I'll just dust off my boots.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hamer signed new contract all done.

The club want to announce along with new kit but they are still unsure on the exact date yet.

as for Vik. It’s becoming more restless. robins wants the deal done now but king still holding on for more money.

Animated GIF

SHUNT31

Not sure how old you are Clint, but in my 30 odd years of following the club I haven’t, and those I could argue about (Dublin, Gallagher, Keane, McAllister) have certainly not preceded good times at the club.
Exactly this. Everyone saying we replaced Keane and McAllister seem to forget it was the start of a horrible dark 20 or so years.

Users who are viewing this thread