Hamer (1 Viewer)

CovBrummie94

I’ve already accepted the fact he will likely leave in the summer whether to the PL, SPL or a richer Champ club. I will just enjoy him while he’s here. He is vital to our style of play and will be difficult to replace when he eventually moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

I’ve already accepted the fact he will likely leave in the summer whether to the PL, SPL or a richer Champ club. I will just enjoy him while he’s here. He is vital to our style of play and will be difficult to replace when he eventually moves on.

No premier club would look at him he’s nowhere near the level and there are hardly any championship clubs who would offer more who’d be interested either

CovBrummie94

No premier club would look at him he’s nowhere near the level and there are hardly any championship clubs who would offer more who’d be interested either

Maybe not PL but I think a few champ clubs who could offer more wages would be interested. Just looking at the league this season I think WBA, Stoke, QPR and maybe even Fulham and Bournemouth would be interested and I’d guess they could all offer more wages than us at the minute. I’d like to think that he’d see at Champ move a sidewards step and would stick with City if that was the case.

Sky Blue Pete

Who are the players that are worthy of top 6 in the championship out of our squad in your opinion?

Moore
Ohare
Hamer
Gyokeres

Or no one?

Grendel

Who are the players that are worthy of top 6 in the championship out of our squad in your opinion?

Moore
Ohare
Hamer
Gyokeres

Or no one?

This discussion is about Hamer our league position this season is not really relevant

Sky Blue Pete

This discussion is about Hamer our league position this season is not really relevant
It’s relevant as he’s one of our most influential players and we are in the top 6 after 18 games and you are saying hes not one of the players other top championship clubs would be interested in.
Are we just being lucky?

Grendel

It’s relevant as he’s one of our most influential players and we are in the top 6 after 18 games and you are saying hes not one of the players other top championship clubs would be interested in.
Are we just being lucky?

How many of Barnsley’s players are top 6 from last season?

Grendel

You’ve answered then ok. You don’t think any of our players are worthy of a top 6 club. I disagree but that’s quite a statement

No I haven’t said that at all actually.

I do think the market value of players like Hamer is over stated. He is fine as a championship player but his game has obvious faults.

No one knows about Gyokeres do they really it’s too early to make a real judgement

O hare we know my views on

Mcfazdean won’t interest any top 6 clubs but is vital to us.

So I again don’t get the argument

Sky Blue Pete

I do think the market value of players like Hamer is over stated. He is fine as a championship player but his game has obvious faults.

No one knows about Gyokeres do they really it’s too early to make a real judgement

It’s not an argument I asked you a question about one of our most influential players and you said our league position isn’t relevant.

rob9872

He would thrive in a better team. Some of his forward passes that aren't read or bounce off our players would stick and create better opportunities. He spots so much and to suggest he's not capable of premier league is frankly one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here for a while, but I guess time will prove if that's right.

Hertsccfc

Of course it's all down to opinions and we are just fans but I would say of all of our players Hamer is the closest to the Premier league at this time. I can't see how one of our better players wouldn't interest top 6 Championship sides. How can be be this high if our players aren't that good?

Perryccfc

Hamer will be a Prem player next year imo. As talented as some of our other players are, he’s the best and will improve massively in years to come.

rob9872

The litmus test is if we managed to get up, would you replace him? We clearly can't afford 11 changes so where would you spend the money if you could only make 2 or 3 quality additions? For me I'd be looking at 2 centre halves and a striker.

Londonccfcfan

Hamer is pure class full stop. imo one the best defensive midfielders in the championship. yes he should score more goals but hes been outstanding this season for us, he is usually at the heart of every counterattack and usually starts it.

Lets bump this thread and keep an eye on it a year from now.

Grendel

Of course it's all down to opinions and we are just fans but I would say of all of our players Hamer is the closest to the Premier league at this time. I can't see how one of our better players wouldn't interest top 6 Championship sides. How can be be this high if our players aren't that good?

Well I have said other clubs have

Grendel

Hamer is pure class full stop. imo one the best defensive midfielders in the championship. yes he should score more goals but hes been outstanding this season for us, he is usually at the heart of every counterattack and usually starts it.

Lets bump this thread and keep an eye on it a year from now.

Yes let’s as well as your comments on Kane vs Dabo and I believe Dacosta

slowpoke

The problem with Hamer is his cautions he’s a tremendous player but he does these silly fouls pulling arms heavy body checks etc. a lot of which gives the referee little option but to give a yellow then that seems to take the edge off his game. I looked at the Sheffield first half again and Fleck does as as many fouls as Hamer but is much cuter little body checks here, nudges there.
Needs to ease off his fouling a bit imo.

Cov kid 55

I wouldn’t argue with any of this, and the comments aren’t necessarily negative, although posters are taking them as negative.

CCFCSteve

Yes I find it odd some people don't see their value. Hamer, O'Hare and Gyokeres are close to Premier league standard but still have to develop parts of their play.

Strange that even our best three players are deemed not good enough by some, yet we sit 4th in the Championship.

Exactly. Like most clubs though we have a small strange section of fans, some that forget we were quite recently in L2 and yet expect us to have a team full of finished articles…and arent happy unless they can slag off one or two whipping boys from behind their keyboard

Most are great though and have created a cracking atmosphere at the CBS this season. Just enjoy the ride !

Users who are viewing this thread