Hamer (1 Viewer)

JonesBob

We all know Gerrard, while at Rangers, enthused about Hamer. Now, he is at Villa do you think he will coming calling?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Given they have McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba and Sanson in midfield it seems unlikely.
I agree entirely that they won't be looking, however, my friendship group is 75% Villa fans and they all unanimously agree that Nakamba shouldn't be a Premier League player

tommy hutch legend

Has always stated he wants to play at a higher level as a lot of players do but imo he is not ready yet as he has not real y improved this season

Bertola

I think Rangers are MORE likely to come in for him now as Van Bronckhorst has managed him previously, and gave him his debut at Feyenoord

Greggs

Struggling for consistency at Championship level, he's miles of a Premier League team.

rexo87

Don’t really think he’s good enough for Prem or Rangers really. I think he will get to that point some day but needs to learn a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Premier League clubs don't only buy players who are already at the level required. It's cheaper to buy potential and develop the player, and anyway they can afford to make a few mistakes. I wouldn't be too surprised by this.

He’s 24, will be 25 by next season. Not really the age to deem someone a prospect and more where you want something near the finished article

Greggs

People say Hamer is not ready for the Premier, but I believe people said the same about Fleck, and look what he did.
Fleck spent 1 season in League 1 and 2 seasons in the Championship after he left us. I don't understand your logic.

rexo87

If he’s not good enough for Rangers then he’s definitely not good enough for us.

Rangers play every season in the Europa league. As shit as the SPL is Rangers and Celtic have far better and bigger squads that we have. But I’m not getting into this convo as it goes round in circles

Sick Boy

Rangers play every season in the Europa league. As shit as the SPL is Rangers and Celtic have far better and bigger squads that we have. But I’m not getting into this convo as it goes round in circles

Neither of them have a far better squad than us.

rob9872

I'd be more worried about Van Bronckhorst going to Rangers who gave him his debut at Feyenoord.

rob9872

Ah missed that, see Bertola beat me to it. but I have posted a linkylink :)

JonesBob

Fleck spent 1 season in League 1 and 2 seasons in the Championship after he left us. I don't understand your logic.

Since when has there ever been logic in football? A manager can be fired for underperforming and within a few weeks have a new job at a better club with a higher salary. There have been many cases in football to just be in the right place at the right time can catapult average players to the top of the pile.

Users who are viewing this thread