Hamer (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Hamer has become very underrated on this forum. I think peoples opinions haven’t readjusted since his dip in form the second half of last season.

This season he has been very good again, fairly consistently. Has a passing range that we haven’t seen at this club for as long as I can remember.

fatso

I'm more worried about someone coming in for O'Hare
He's easier to replace than Gyokeres in my opinion.
Good centre forwards are like rocking horse shit and cost the earth.
Play makers who don't score are much cheaper.

Reactions: AOM

CDK

Hamer will go when sisu decide enough money has been bid he will be gone and I'm sure we have a replacement lined up and has been identified which they have already I think.

blunted

Hamer, good player, nearly a brilliant player. Sees a pass but execution not always quite there when playing between the lines. Needs to shoot more like he did when he first arrived. He has goals in him but seems constrained and looking for an extra pass. The header he scored last season from the edge of the area was awesome. Excellent set piece deliveries. We seem to have curbed his reckless tackles which is probably for the best in the long run. Rangers, I could see that happening if we don't get promoted and the bid was high enough. Premier League clubs collect players like stamps so who knows if he might be going in that direction, if we don't get promoted. O'Hare is absolutely crucial to the way we play and it would be a major setback if he left.

Hertsccfc

Hamer, good player, nearly a brilliant player. Sees a pass but execution not always quite there when playing between the lines. Needs to shoot more like he did when he first arrived. He has goals in him but seems constrained and looking for an extra pass. The header he scored last season from the edge of the area was awesome. Excellent set piece deliveries. We seem to have curbed his reckless tackles which is probably for the best in the long run. Rangers, I could see that happening if we don't get promoted and the bid was high enough. Premier League clubs collect players like stamps so who knows if he might be going in that direction, if we don't get promoted. O'Hare is absolutely crucial to the way we play and it would be a major setback if he left.
Yes I find it odd some people don't see their value. Hamer, O'Hare and Gyokeres are close to Premier league standard but still have to develop parts of their play.

Strange that even our best three players are deemed not good enough by some, yet we sit 4th in the Championship.

Sky Blue Pete

Yes I find it odd some people don't see their value. Hamer, O'Hare and Gyokeres are close to Premier league standard but still have to develop parts of their play.

Strange that even our best three players are deemed not good enough by some, yet we sit 4th in the Championship.
I think that’s correct. But …

It’s only 17 games
We’re only 10 points off 19th
We’re only 4 points above 6th
We only win at home
We’re rubbish in the first half
We’re too young
Sheaf can’t pass
Ohare can’t score
Yok has no pace

Hertsccfc

I think that’s correct. But …

It’s only 17 games
We’re only 10 points off 19th
We’re only 4 points above 6th
We only win at home
We’re rubbish in the first half
We’re too young
Sheaf can’t pass
Ohare can’t score
Yok has no pace
Exactly.

It must be depressing to have that sort of outlook. If I thought our team was that rubbish even when we are doing well, I think I would give up watching. And I didn't give up even when we really were rubbish.

Sick Boy

Hamer will go when sisu decide enough money has been bid he will be gone and I'm sure we have a replacement lined up and has been identified which they have already I think.
Has anyone actually ever put in a bid for him?

Brighton Sky Blue

OK your opinion but I think your wrong. Only time will tell. I think he is clearly close to Premier League standard.

Opinions indeed and I accept I'm a schmuck on the internet, but for me he is pretty erratic, easily flustered and in some games struggles to last the full 90.

At 24 as a top flight club looking to push for mid table and beyond, he'd be some way down the list in my view.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Hamer has become very underrated on this forum. I think peoples opinions haven’t readjusted since his dip in form the second half of last season.

This season he has been very good again, fairly consistently. Has a passing range that we haven’t seen at this club for as long as I can remember.
I beleive that as the team have improved and he is starting to play like the beginning of last season again, people on this forum see it as he hasn’t improved

Bugsy

higgs

Foreign replacement or English?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bugsy

Blind-Faith

Some of the things he does are premier league quality , sometimes he tries a pass where he doesn’t need to and it gives away possesion. We should just enjoy him while he’s here.

My biggest criticism of him was the stupid yellows he picks up, which I think he is starting to learn as he is isn’t no where near as effective when he gets booked.

higgs

Backed him today to score and we win 1-0 100/1 stuck 4 quid on him today is the day hamer do it infront of the cameras

Bugsy

TomRad85

How much would everyone take for him? £3m would be 3x what we paid for him.
I wouldn't take that. We're in a position now where we can demand good money. I also agree with an above post, while he may have been overrated at one point when he came in originally, I think that's switched to massively underrated by a few. We'd miss him for sure.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Didn’t miss him against Fulham.
One game though mate. Tbh you'd struggle to replace him with one of the top midfielders from league 1 with 3m with what players go for these days. 7/8m is realistic with the position we're in, although tbh I'd rather just not sell our best players (understand that's unrealistic if a club higher up the food chain shows interest.)

Edit. I'd just like to point out this isn't necessarily what I think he's worth but what we should be looking to get given our position. The model only works if you demand good money.

slowpoke

Why would Robins sell him at this stage of the season and the position we are in to be given a fraction of any fee by sisu to replace him, be madness.

Grendel

Outside the premiership the market is suppressed. Very few clubs have spent anything like the money that’s being banded on here in the championship. This would just about make him the most expensive midfielder in the championship - not likely

TomRad85

Outside the premiership the market is suppressed. Very few clubs have spent anything like the money that’s being banded on here in the championship. This would just about make him the most expensive midfielder in the championship - not likely
Do you not think the market will head back to how it was pre-covid? It wouldn't be a bad thing if it didn't but football is a bit bonkers.

CDK

Foreign replacement or English?

Don't think we could afford a replacement from this country and couldn't see sisu spending that sort of money anyway so similar market where hamer came from.

Users who are viewing this thread