Hamer (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

In the interests of fairness and diversity thought I would start a thread on Hamer to go with the Max one.
missed a sitter today and we would have won but he couldnt even hit the target.
been crap now for several games, adds nothing and wastes chances

SeaSeeEffCee

It’s hardly a huge surprise that a defensive midfield isn’t getting as much stick for missing easy chances as the striker is. It‘s the primary role of one of them.

But yeah anyway, Hamer has been really poor recently but thought he was better today once Kelly went off.

pastythegreat

I was berated on here a few months back for suggesting Hamer was massively overrated and no way near as good as people.were bigging him up to be. At the time I was regularly reading quotes like "hes the best and most influential player in the squad" and "he should be in the Premier league, we're lucky to have him" and he's easily one of the best players in the league" and "he's easily worth £10m+"!

At the time I didnt think he was a "bad" player, just far, far, far from as good as people were making him out to be. At the time I was so fed up of reading such shit, I probably exaggerated how overrated he was at the time, now I'm starting to think maybe I didnt, and he really was as shit as I said!!

Said it at the time and will say it again now. His positioning is poor leading to lots of niggly tackles/fouls. Falsley making him look like hes fighting for the team when in reality, better game awareness stops 90% of it. Hes always trying to give that magic goal or pass which in turn makes him greedy. If he was Messi and banging in 30+ a season, then fine, be greedy, but your not. His free kicks and corners are so one dimensional too. Back post for Osti EVERY time! Without fail (as long as it beats the first man that is).

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

In the interests of fairness and diversity thought I would start a thread on Hamer to go with the Max one.
missed a sitter today and we would have won but he couldnt even hit the target.
been crap now for several games, adds nothing and wastes chances
It’s not his job to score goals altho he’s still out top scorer from bloody midfield 🤣

Grendel

He’s ok as a lower championship player but it’s laughable about the £15 million shite. It’s Bigi all over again - few posters in hiding I feel

Grendel

Inferior players taking up his space. This awful formation is making hamer and o'hare both suffer. James/Kelly need dropping

James is a terrible signing

Legia Sky Blue

While there was undoubtedly a lot of hyperbole following his performances at the start of the season, I agree with those arguing that Hamer has been hampered since January by our policy of playing 2 other holding midfielders from Kelly, James & Sheaf. Last season we used only Kelly in that role, with Walsh playing Hamer's role. The big difference attacking wise then was that while we played a sole forward in Godden he was supported not just by O'Hare but also by Allen or Shipley. At present we are not playing the extra midfielder in the Shipley/ Allen role which constantly leaves us lacking numbers in the final third of the pitch. For all his poor form this season I was slightly surprised MR didn't bring Shipley back yesterday, given just about his best performance last season was the game at Wycombe. Anyhow back to Hamer, despite his recent form he has been a positive signing and one I'm glad we made and hopefully next season (in the Championship) he will improve further for this experience.

shmmeee

He’s a young lad away from home in a pandemic playing more football than he ever has. Let’s be sensible here.

He’s also not a number 10 and Robins needs to grow the fuck up and stop trying to play him as one just because he can’t say no to Liam Kelly.

robbiekeane

Hamer is class. He’s had a poor run of form in the last couple of months which coincided with Robins trying to shoehorn 3 players into holding midfielders.

Shouldve hit the target today for sure. You can forgive that every now and then though when he’s put others away this season that noone else in the squad could dream of.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Next game I would be tempted to play a diamond to get the best out of Hamer and Ohare, 51211
Marosi - Wilson didnt do too bad but again didnt have much to do
DaCosta - Depends on how long Dabo’s injury will be for
Rose - Looked quite good against Wycombe imo
Osti - Also looked good in his preferred position
Hyam - Who else can play there? Josh Ried maybe but hes injured
McCallum - He just needs to improve at taking players on and running at teams a bit and I think he will be a good Championship player
Sheaf - Kelly gonna be out for a while, change for Allen at half time and put James in DM if we are not playing well or not winning
Hamer - Box to box to suit his play style
James - He is a CM not a DM if Im not mistaken and will benefit with Kelly being injured
Ohare - just quality
Godden - Change for Walker at Half time

cov donkey kick

Hamer is class. He’s had a poor run of form in the last couple of months which coincided with Robins trying to shoehorn 3 players into holding midfielders.

Shouldve hit the target today for sure. You can forgive that every now and then though when he’s put others away this season that noone else in the squad could dream of.
It's putting James as well as Kelly and hamer in the same unit think with committing to Sheaf as well its to many players in the same area of the team so can see maybe James being kept over Kelly as think Robins will move him on as James in alongside him has destroyed the balance of the team as Sheaf wasn't as bad as fans made out.
Hamer I think will be good for us next season.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

It's putting James as well as Kelly and hamer in the same unit think with committing to Sheaf as well its to many players in the same area of the team so can see maybe James being kept over Kelly as think Robins will move him on as James in alongside him has destroyed the balance of the team as Sheaf wasn't as bad as fans made out.
We need Hamer to be good now not by next season

Great_Expectations

He’s been off form for a while.

Tough one though as he’s still one of only two creative players we have, even off form, his vision is better than anyone else we have.

His position the last few games isn’t helping, it’s no coincidence he sprung to life more yesterday when he played deeper as part of the two.

We have four CM’s vying for the same position and while subtly different, Kelly/James/Sheaf are all ball players who keep the ball moving, they aren’t creators, so Hamer has to play.

shmmeee

The diamond was shit in 2011 and it’s shit in 2021 and it’ll probably be shit in 2031.

3412 3421 or 352 please.

D

Deleted member 11652

Fucking hell. Hamer is Bigi is up there with Jamie Allen is better than O’Hare.

Where’s my meme generator?

I dunno, a lot of the same stuff was said about Bigi after half a season for us. I don’t like Hamer will end up at Solihull but it’s a decent comparison.

Magwitch1

i have to agree the Kelly, James combination isn’t working in an offensive way I think it invites opponents further forward and restricts forward options. I’m getting the feeling getting a point a game policy keeps us up, dangerous.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd like to see him playing on a flat pitch more often. Recently he has played about 75% of the games on dreadful pitches, with the ball barely running true. There is a very good footballer in there. Hopefully a decent Ricoh pitch (fingers crossed) will show that.

shmmeee

I dunno, a lot of the same stuff was said about Bigi after half a season for us. I don’t like Hamer will end up at Solihull but it’s a decent comparison.

I missed Bigi being our top scorer in the Championship, all makes sense now.

D

Deleted member 11652

I missed Bigi being our top scorer in the Championship, all makes sense now.

I’m sure you didn’t miss the same ludicrous price tags Bigi was being labelled at. Which is Grendel’s point isn’t it.

shmmeee

I’m sure you didn’t miss the same ludicrous price tags Bigi was being labelled at. Which is Grendel’s point isn’t it.

One poster said Bigi was worth £15m, one poster said the same about Hamer (maybe) not even the same poster. There is no point, only trolling and people silly enough to take it seriously.

D

Deleted member 11652

One poster said Bigi was worth £15m, one poster said the same about Hamer (maybe) not even the same poster. There is no point, only trolling and people silly enough to take it seriously.

I dunno. In the how long can we keep Hamer thread most of the price tags were crazy. It wasn’t just one. Have a look for yourself.

Brighton Sky Blue

i have to agree the Kelly, James combination isn’t working in an offensive way I think it invites opponents further forward and restricts forward options. I’m getting the feeling getting a point a game policy keeps us up, dangerous.

We can’t expect to successfully grovel for points against Bournemouth away. Teams below us are daring to go to places like that and try to win but we’ll be going with Max on his own until the end.

Legia Sky Blue

Bournemouth is the sort of game we will go and win, probably having lost the two before, just to confuse even further the frothy mouthed types who then won't know which way to turn.

Users who are viewing this thread