Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (9 Viewers)

Astute

Hell, you could see it in his first moments during the first game against Leicester!
You could see he was a natural from some of his moves. There weren't many at first but we got glimpses. Each time I mentioned it I got called clueless.

What makes me laugh is those who kept calling him shite and worse now have digs at what others said at the time 😂

Respect for those who admitted they were wrong about Wright. But those who continue to say he isn't a striker because he plays on the left as part of the system we play? Where is he when the ball is on the right?

Happy_Martian

Our most improved player.

I'd probably challenge this and say Simms has improved most. Not in output, Cal and Wright both have excelled on that side. But considering how Simms was ridiculed and rebuked time and again on here at the start of the season, he's now showing where his strengths are and fans are acknowledging his donations to games. Still not a goal scorer and he will never be a 20 goal a season player. But he'll do more than enough to allow other players score.

But you could add Bidwell, Sheaf, Eccles and probably a few others to that list. Our entire team has taken a big step up this season and we're seeing the benefits of it. Would anyone have considered we'd be in Playoff positions in January from our first month's games ?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Trained on his own at the CBS today

stephen colbert fake news GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Happy_Martian

You sure about that?

Don't seen anyone else using my keyboard so 'Yes'. Doubt he will hit double figures and I truly hope he proves me wrong.

long way home

He is on the Torp video doing the warm up run right at the start you see him on far right next to Simms. So he is on the grass but probably a week or 2 away

Happy_Martian

Haha! This one is true. My mate works there, the players trained there today as Ryton is frozen.

Can confirm, saw pics on Twitter early. It looked bloody cold there though so doubt they were out for long.

Hertsccfc

I'd probably challenge this and say Simms has improved most. Not in output, Cal and Wright both have excelled on that side. But considering how Simms was ridiculed and rebuked time and again on here at the start of the season, he's now showing where his strengths are and fans are acknowledging his donations to games. Still not a goal scorer and he will never be a 20 goal a season player. But he'll do more than enough to allow other players score.

But you could add Bidwell, Sheaf, Eccles and probably a few others to that list. Our entire team has taken a big step up this season and we're seeing the benefits of it. Would anyone have considered we'd be in Playoff positions in January from our first month's games ?
Was Simms ridiculed on here? Most wanted him to play even more than he has, even at the expense of Godden when he was the league's top scorer. He certainly wasn't ridiculed like Wright was.

I am sorry to say it but I don't think he has improved to any major extent and I remain unconvinced that he deserves a place in the team at this stage. Hopefully he will develop and he is still relatively young, but apart from his goals I don't think he has contributed much. And unlike Godden he simply hasn't scored enough.

Virtually all the new signings have improved markedly. In my view Simms hasn't. I will never ridicule a player but I can't deny that as it stands I don't really get what Simms brings to the party.

Last edited:

Happy_Martian

Was Simms ridiculed on here? Most wanted him to play even more athan he has, even at the expense of Godden when he was the league's top scorer. He certainly wasn't ridiculed like Wright was.

I accept some members did want to support him. But these are just some comments from here....

""Asked (an Everton fan) about Simms , he pissed his sides and told me he is shite , after today I have to agree . Can we return him and get our money back ? "

"If he was any good they wouldn’t have sold him. People will keep saying he will come good though as they think they are being a nice fan"

"Quite a lot of people seem very keen for him fail already. It’s really embarrassing."

"Simms is shite in almost every way and will have to improve significantly even to be an at all valuable member of the squad."

"I don’t care about the reaction, waste of money! Everton rubbing their hands to the bank. Comparing him to vik who cost a fraction of the price is quite frankly ridiculous. Poor signing!"

procdoc

I accept some members did want to support him. But these are just some comments from here....

""Asked (an Everton fan) about Simms , he pissed his sides and told me he is shite , after today I have to agree . Can we return him and get our money back ? "

"If he was any good they wouldn’t have sold him. People will keep saying he will come good though as they think they are being a nice fan"

"Quite a lot of people seem very keen for him fail already. It’s really embarrassing."

"Simms is shite in almost every way and will have to improve significantly even to be an at all valuable member of the squad."

"I don’t care about the reaction, waste of money! Everton rubbing their hands to the bank. Comparing him to vik who cost a fraction of the price is quite frankly ridiculous. Poor signing!"
most of the people that stated these things are clueless morons to be fair

Hertsccfc

You can probably find comments like that about every player unfortunately. I certainly wouldn't support any of those but compared to the treatment of players like Wright and Palmer they're fairy mild.

Happy_Martian

most of the people that stated these things are clueless morons to be fair

They are still negative comments that were posted publicly on this forum towards Simms. That's all I was showing.

You can probably find comments like that about every player unfortunately. I certainly wouldn't support any of those but compared to the treatment of players like Wright and Palmer they're fairy mild.

I agree. And I was just responding to your comment. Some members were less than complimentary about Simms to begin with. A lot have aired positive comments since.

As to whether he's improved, that will always be a contentious issue. Everyone will have their own opinions as to whether a player is good or bad, better or worse. The formation change has definitely helped his progress. His off the ball activity is certainly benefiting our midfielders, making spaces for them to attack. If we could get him scoring consistently, I think he'd be a fan favourite.

Cally Fedora

Crikey. If Simms is our most improved player how bad was he to start with? When he came on v Leicester he showed magnificent footwork, beat the player and was unlucky the ball went out of play. The downside is only he was involved. Seriously though, he wears Sky Blue so I back him and hope he improves but he hasn’t improved, from a low base.

hamertime

They are still negative comments that were posted publicly on this forum towards Simms. That's all I was showing.

I agree. And I was just responding to your comment. Some members were less than complimentary about Simms to begin with. A lot have aired positive comments since.

As to whether he's improved, that will always be a contentious issue. Everyone will have their own opinions as to whether a player is good or bad, better or worse. The formation change has definitely helped his progress. His off the ball activity is certainly benefiting our midfielders, making spaces for them to attack. If we could get him scoring consistently, I think he'd be a fan favourite.
People are allowed an option on whether they think a player is good enough for the money that’s been spent on him ( all the season ticket money). If it’s a contentious issue whether he’s improved or not then I’d suggest he hasn’t as it would clear as day if he had. For me it’s not even the ability it’s the desire, will and work rate to make a difference and I’ve never seen it. The team is doing well so heat is off him, he did well for the goal against Leicester but it’s been magnified beyond belief by people.

Reactions: KAB

fernandopartridge

Crikey. If Simms is our most improved player how bad was he to start with? When he came on v Leicester he showed magnificent footwork, beat the player and was unlucky the ball went out of play. The downside is only he was involved. Seriously though, he wears Sky Blue so I back him and hope he improves but he hasn’t improved, from a low base.
Clueless

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Astute

People are allowed an option on whether they think a player is good enough for the money that’s been spent on him ( all the season ticket money). If it’s a contentious issue whether he’s improved or not then I’d suggest he hasn’t as it would clear as day if he had. For me it’s not even the ability it’s the desire, will and work rate to make a difference and I’ve never seen it. The team is doing well so heat is off him, he did well for the goal against Leicester but it’s been magnified beyond belief by people.
Oh yes opinions.

Can't think of one of our new signings that wasn't called shite and/or a waste of money. Robins was supposed to have wasted the Gyokeres money. Hardly anyone was prepared to give the new players a chance to settle in and learn their role.

Simms has improved. Just like every one of the new signings. And they will get better the more they play together.

hamertime

Oh yes opinions.

Can't think of one of our new signings that wasn't called shite and/or a waste of money. Robins was supposed to have wasted the Gyokeres money. Hardly anyone was prepared to give the new players a chance to settle in and learn their role.

Simms has improved. Just like every one of the new signings. And they will get better the more they play together.
Well that’s the problem with the new generation, they cannot accept criticism. Society has gone soft constantly praising people even if they have failed. Old school players wouldn’t give a monkeys what anyone thought. A lot of modern players are like babies.

fernandopartridge

Well that’s the problem with the new generation, they cannot accept criticism. Society has gone soft constantly praising people even if they have failed. Old school players wouldn’t give a monkeys what anyone thought. A lot of modern players are like babies.
I doubt that's true. Players years ago weren't faced with anybody other than journalists being able to publish information about them, not like today's players who have thousands of fans writing what they like published the world on the internet.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread