Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (16 Viewers)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Took his first superbly , great header for Simms, which I’m pretty sure without watching a replay was going in anyway for the second?

The header he missed after with just the keeper to beat was shockingly awful and then the cross which he blasted high and about 30 yards longer than it needed to was Sunday league at best.

An absolute mixed bag, if nothing else , atleast hes fucking entertaining to watch 😂

He's always going to be an enigma. He's clearly very talented; quick, two-footed, decent leap, but then he does some mad things that make you think he's a Sunday league player! Brilliant leaping header for our second, then does this from a standing position in the 90th minute.

1703933161942.png

Marty

He's always going to be an enigma. He's clearly very talented; quick, two-footed, decent leap, but then he does some mad things that make you think he's a Sunday league player! Brilliant leaping header for our second, then does this from a standing position in the 90th minute.

View attachment 33036

I was fuming at that point, just needed to put it to the back stick for Simms to put home. Overall I thought he had a good game though. Great finish for the first.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Funny you say that, when someone pushes the “Anyone that’s played the game to any level” line, it’s a sure indication that they’ve never kicked a ball in their life.

I’ve kicked more balls than a dominatrix. Bit too old to have invisible friends with your ‘Swansea supporting mate says’ 😂

cooperskyblue

He didn’t get any abuse whatsoever at games.
Yes he did. Around me in block 28 the abuse he got was absolutely ridiculous. Everything was his fault, even poor passes to him were blamed on him. When he scored "he couldn't miss" so he literally couldnt win. Fortunately these fans have started to lay off him in recent games as I think even they can see that every game he contributes.

Been impressed with himas that left forward. 12 goal contributions at this half way stage is good. And if he continues to improve his final end of season stats could make impressive viewing.
He looks more confident and ultimately that is showing in his performances.

Going to be a very good bit of business.

Hertsccfc

There's someone behind me I can hear, but not close enough to work out who it is, who gives him shit every time he touches the ball, or even when there's an impossible pass in his general direction. Does the same with Simms, Dasilva, Palmer .....

Can't quite put my finger on what all those players have in common :mad:
Not having a go at Allen but imagine if Dasilva or Palmer had made that mistake last night.

AJB1983

We’ve had enough rough decisions go against us this season so I’m not fussed by that - he’s been due one to go for him.

fernandopartridge

View attachment 33036
His anticipation/timing is his biggest weakness imo. Movement brilliant.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

sneferu

100% agree, he was brought in as a centre forward, but is nowhere near up to that job.

We've found a position for him on the left side of an attacking midfield, and he's done a job there, where he can collect the ball in space and run at sides without the opposition centre half dominating him.
And tbf he's looked a lot happier doing that, but this will obviously impact on his goals tally, as he's become more of a provider than scorer.

But that does require us to add another striker in Jan (imo) as Godden looks past his prime at 32, and Simms has been nothing short of woeful so far.

Semantics

He's playing out wide. You don't score 20+ goals from there unless you are playing for a dominant team.
Am sure Vik played in pretty well the same position for us. Down the left and cutting in.

Deity

The same Matt Grimes that has scored a total of 6 goals in the last 6 Championship seasons? An average of a goal a season does not provide a like for like Hamer replacement!
Grimes would slot in well alongside Sheaf.

He’s not a dynamic 8 but he’s better at dictating play from the CDM position than we have today.

In our current formation I don’t think we can have a very attack minded 8. It leaves the midfield unbalanced alongside COH, Tats, Wright.

Legia Sky Blue

Grimes is a decent player, but not dynamic enough for me. If he was brought in as Hamer's replacement and the fans judged him as such, I think his goal scoring output would disappoint many.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

And back to the 6 goals in 6 seasons post, I raise you this 3 goals and 5 assists this season in 27 games, good stats for a CM playing in a highly underperforming team I’d say

Users who are viewing this thread