Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (10 Viewers)

SkyBlueSoul

Bloke on my row was taking it particularly hard that he'd scored and was playing alright. Gave him shit when it went wrong, like miscontrolling it, which is fair enough. But after he scored and was doing good things like the interplay in the corner, running with the ball, beating a man he would loudly and sarcastically shout things like "Ohhh what a monster!", "Oh what a great player he is!"

jordan210

if you watch his movement for the goal its pretty good. starts off on the right and then just drifts to centre and finds a nice pocket of space

CCFC88

if you watch his movement for the goal its pretty good. starts off on the right and then just drifts to centre and finds a nice pocket of space
And it stays as a nice pocket of space as their defenders become more concerned about putting their hands in the air

Mucca Mad Boys

You say finishing but he’s scoring a goal every other game. Vik missed some absolute sitters, Haaland is top of the chances missed table in the PL, good strikers miss more than bad strikers cos bad strikers don’t get the chance to miss.

I remember Reading at home last season and it felt like Gyokeres had missed 4 clear cut chances -
For me his work rate isn't the issue, and neither is his tracking back etc. He works hard enough, but just doesn't posses the necessary skill set, for example, a decent finisher would of gone home with the match ball from the Millwall game last Saturday.
We are needing to create far too many chances for the Strikers we have to score.
And I (obviously) include Godden and Simms when I say we are poor upfront despite the massive investment.
Gyokeres wasn’t an out and out finisher which is why he had the most ‘big chance’ misses in the Championship in consecutive seasons. I don’t think anyone would say Gyokeres was a better finisher than Godden last year.

It’s pretty clear that the volume of chances is more important and frankly, Wright will get better, as will Simms. Both looked good last night and the improvement will come.

Writing off 22-25 year old players is a bit silly - they tend to develop and improve with time.

CCFCSteve

Bloke on my row was taking it particularly hard that he'd scored and was playing alright. Gave him shit when it went wrong, like miscontrolling it, which is fair enough. But after he scored and was doing good things like the interplay in the corner, running with the ball, beating a man he would loudly and sarcastically shout things like "Ohhh what a monster!", "Oh what a great player he is!"

Then called cwr as soon as he got out the ground by the sounds of it.

I remember Reading at home last season and it felt like Gyokeres had missed 4 clear cut chances -

Gyokeres wasn’t an out and out finisher which is why he had the most ‘big chance’ misses in the Championship in consecutive seasons. I don’t think anyone would say Gyokeres was a better finisher than Godden last year.

It’s pretty clear that the volume of chances is more important and frankly, Wright will get better, as will Simms. Both looked good last night and the improvement will come.

Writing off 22-25 year old players is a bit silly - they tend to develop and improve with time.

One of the best things about Gyokeres was that missing chances didn’t seem to bother him. Onto the next chance…

Mentally very strong which is needed especially as a striker or keeper for that matter

Mucca Mad Boys

Then called cwr as soon as he got out the ground by the sounds of it.

One of the best things about Gyokeres was that missing chances didn’t seem to bother him. Onto the next chance…

Mentally very strong which is needed especially as a striker or keeper for that matter

Gyokeres worked on his weaknesses for sure which is why he is still smashing it for Sporting Lisbon. There were times in his first breakout season when he was a bit one dimensional and didn’t really have a left foot he trusted… then seemed to score with his right and assist when he couldn’t shoot on his right!

I really do believe the coaching team will work hard with Simms and Wright and we’ll be very hard to live with. Last night, imo, was a glimpse of what could be.

Skybluedownunder

He looks average/okay on the left wing, still poor for £8M and has been supported by the reintroduction of Bidwell to make us more defensively solid whilst Wright refuses to track back. He’s hitting a bit of form which we badly needed but let’s not pretend he wasn’t stinking the place out before.

Agreed, for £8m I’m expecting you to stand out in this league and be a class above and currently he’s not, he’s scored a couple but often looks woeful, including last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cally Fedora

I don’t see why the fee is relevant to supporters. That’s King and the banks’ issue. Even more bizarre is saying Godden shouldn’t be measured in the same way as he cost less. Does that mean Eccles can be abysmal every game?

shmmeee

I don’t see why the fee is relevant to supporters. That’s King and the banks’ issue. Even more bizarre is saying Godden shouldn’t be measured in the same way as he cost less. Does that mean Eccles can be abysmal every game?

Waghorn must have been the worst player ever to play for us.

Grendel

Why though? £8m for a 20 a season striker is cheap at this level.

Is it? The current top scorer cost the same as Gyokeres - I don’t think other than Armstrong any of the top 10 scorers in this league cost anything like that so it’s a nonsense statement

shmmeee

Is it? The current top scorer cost the same as Gyokeres - I don’t think other than Armstrong any of the top 10 scorers in this league cost anything like that so it’s a nonsense statement

What can you sell a 20 goal striker from this division for?

Grendel

What can you sell a 20 goal striker from this division for?

That wasn’t what you said. You said you have to pay that much to get a 20 goal striker. Wright currently wouldn’t attract a transfer fee of £8 million if we tried to sell him

False9

Akpom, vik, ndiaye, piroe, tella all went for big money to name 5

Grendel

Akpom, vik, ndiaye, piroe, tella all went for big money to name 5

Matty Godden by the same measure wiukd be a 20 goal striker - so his he worth £8 million?

Matt smith

That wasn’t what you said. You said you have to pay that much to get a 20 goal striker. Wright currently wouldn’t attract a transfer fee of £8 million if we tried to sell him
That’s because we massively over paid for him

he’s a couple of million pound striker

Poor

shmmeee

No I didn’t. Your reading comprehension is failing you again. I said “£8m for a 20 goal a season striker is cheap”

You are performing survivorship bias on top scorers and saying they didn’t cost much, but ignoring all those that cost the same and aren’t top scorers. We needed a ready made replacement for a 20 goal striker, not a gamble like say Szmodics.

You look at value after the fact. If at the end of the season he’s got 20 then he’s worth the £8m cos he got an instant return. Other players giving a higher return or over a longer period is irrelevant to that calculation.

Greggs

Bloke behind me hates him, he's in his late 30s and calls him all sorts of insults - but at half time I overheard his conversation about how he has 3 phones enabling him to get an edge when playing Pokemon Go. Pretty hard to take an insult seriously from that level of virgin, but that's what we're dealing with.

Matt smith

Bloke behind me hates him, he's in his late 30s and calls him all sorts of insults - but at half time I overheard his conversation about how he has 3 phones enabling him to get an edge when playing Pokemon Go. Pretty hard to take an insult seriously from that level of virgin, but that's what we're dealing with.
Where do you get them from 😂😂

Grendel

No I didn’t. Your reading comprehension is failing you again. I said “£8m for a 20 goal a season striker is cheap”

You are performing survivorship bias on top scorers and saying they didn’t cost much, but ignoring all those that cost the same and aren’t top scorers. We needed a ready made replacement for a 20 goal striker, not a gamble like say Szmodics.

You look at value after the fact. If at the end of the season he’s got 20 then he’s worth the £8m cos he got an instant return. Other players giving a higher return or over a longer period is irrelevant to that calculation.

So Wright at £7.7 million in the championship isn’t a gamble? But Ivan Toney and Callum Wilson were?

oh ok - the voice of comprehension and reasoning clearly wins this argument

Grendel

You’re embarrassing yourself now

No - I think actually you are pretty clueless regarding football in general and this is another example

the other week you were on some random rant that Collins was a cheap signing and we needed to invest in another goalkeeper

skybluecam

So many things wrong with some of the criticisms of him on here...

This idea that the rest of the team "creates" chances for a player and his job is purely to finish them. No, if anything the player himself is the biggest factor in creating a chance through his own movement. In the same vein, missing chances being somehow worse than not getting any in the first place - a striker who gets 3 or 4 chances every game but misses them one week is still more likely to score next time than a player who gets none.

Then there's the shifting goalposts on his performances. He got called lazy and disinterested earlier, then last night he got stuck in all over, won corners for us from nothing and tracked back very well but barely seems to get credit for it from some.

Personally since he has been shifted out wide I think he's one of the earlier names on the teamsheet for me, because I don't think there's anyone else at the club that can offer what he does currently. The rest of our attacking players are either not mobile enough (Godden), not physical enough (Saka/Cal/Allen/Ayari) or not technical enough (Simms).

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

procdoc

Agreed, for £8m I’m expecting you to stand out in this league and be a class above and currently he’s not, he’s scored a couple but often looks woeful, including last night.

In what way was he woeful? He was our most dangerous player and went on to get the winner. It’s baffling the agenda you weirdos have against him

Users who are viewing this thread