Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (9 Viewers)

stay_up_skyblues

2 people near me shouted "for fucks sake Wright", when Allen played a blind ball round the corner, no where near Wright, which went straight to a Plymouth player.

People literally complaining on here that he doesn't track back, when he spent the whole match tracking back. Including one incident where he ran half the length of the pitch back into our own half, and won a throw in from a promisimg Plymouth attack.

A bellend behind us screamed “Wright get onside you twat” twice during build up play first half when Saka was dribbling down the wing. He was literally taking up his position and the ball wasn’t about to be played forwards.

He was fine tonight and did a lot more good than bad. And the “bad” was pretty much par for the course for any striker at this level.

We seem to be at the point where unless he scores every chance he gets he’s going to get dogs abuse from some. It’s actually getting quite uncomfortable and reminds me of Stern John days.

TomRad85

A bellend behind us screamed “Wright get onside you twat” twice during build up play first half when Saka was dribbling down the wing. He was literally taking up his position and the ball wasn’t about to be played forwards.

He was fine tonight and did a lot more good than bad. And the “bad” was pretty much par for the course for any striker at this level.

We seem to be at the point where unless he scores every chance he gets he’s going to get dogs abuse from some. It’s actually getting quite uncomfortable and reminds me of Stern John days.
Our fans need a boo boy and often it's not even a bad player. You could probably count the people in the stadium if you started banning the stupid.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fatso

Our fans really are wild at times. I heard 1 guy behind me slag him off for “not wanting it enough” when the ball was with Milan at RB and he was up on the left …

people need to give their head a wobble. One of his better games by far work rate was up there for most of the game.
For me his work rate isn't the issue, and neither is his tracking back etc. He works hard enough, but just doesn't posses the necessary skill set, for example, a decent finisher would of gone home with the match ball from the Millwall game last Saturday.
We are needing to create far too many chances for the Strikers we have to score.
And I (obviously) include Godden and Simms when I say we are poor upfront despite the massive investment.

stay_up_skyblues

For me his work rate isn't the issue, and neither is his tracking back etc. He works hard enough, but just doesn't posses the necessary skill set, for example, a decent finisher would of gone home with the match ball from the Millwall game last Saturday.
We are needing to create far too many chances for the Strikers we have to score.
And I (obviously) include Godden and Simms when I say we are poor upfront despite the massive investment.

So he needs to score every chance he gets then 🤣 it’s just not realistic is it.

stupot07

The league

Godden
17(1) apps 6 goals 0 Assists
237 mpg
Goal contributions (goals + assists) 237 mpgc

Wright
10(8) apps 5 goals 1 assist
198 mpg
Goal contributions 165 mpgc

It's the first time Wrights had a proper run of games having now started 5 in a row. He's scored 3 in this last 5.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Striker scoring more than a goal every other game. City fans say he’s the worst they’ve ever seen and want him gone.

Reactions: AOM

CCFCSteve

Our fans need a boo boy and often it's not even a bad player. You could probably count the people in the stadium if you started banning the stupid.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Exactly. Some have probably been quietly fuming that Eccles is getting widespread praise. Palmer and Kelly have been injured and simms on the bench and they’ve got to have someone

Still chuckling to myself at that CWR caller with his five minute rant last night. The lads just scored the only goal to win the game FFS !

With Wright this is driven by his fee. He didn’t set this and as has been said before Rangers had a 7m bid turned down and other clubs were sniffing. But but Vik only cost £1m 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

I still don’t know if he’ll work out long term for us or not but there’s a player there and it looks like he’s settling in a bit now

Grendel

Striker scoring more than a goal every other game. City fans say he’s the worst they’ve ever seen and want him gone.

To be fair that’s what you were saying about Godden

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

“Wright refuses to track back.”

Or alternatively that is now a quirk in our system, and why we’re playing a flat 3 in the middle. Gives the cover to allow him to stay high.

A quirk! Already covered this. Wright has been consistently lazy this season, Bidwell has been brought back into offer some defensive security down that wing and the shift to 4 in a back has helped.
He looks average/okay on the left wing, still poor for £8M and has been supported by the reintroduction of Bidwell to make us more defensively solid whilst Wright refuses to track back. He’s hitting a bit of form which we badly needed but let’s not pretend he wasn’t stinking the place out before.

A quirk is a false centre back, not changing our formation as our big summer signing is lazy and has no movement off the ball.

shmmeee

A quirk! Already covered this. Wright has been consistently lazy this season, Bidwell has been brought back into offer some defensive security down that wing and the shift to 4 in a back has helped.

A quirk is a false centre back, not changing our formation as our big summer signing is lazy and has no movement off the ball.

How on gods green earth can you watch the last two games and claim he’s got no movement off the ball? 🤯

Mucca Mad Boys

For fucks sake, don't bring up unconscious bias again.

It’s very clear that certain people in the stands and on this forum have got fixed opinions on him as a player i.e. they just don’t like him for whatever reason. He has big shoes to fill and high expectations to fulfil which has made fans more tetchy.

The last few home matches I’ve been to have all been with neutrals who don’t have strong opinions have also picked up on it.

Perhaps it’s just the people who sit around me, I’ve got people around who slag off most things he does then sings the song when he scores which made me a laugh a bit.

Martin180

Absolute nonsense

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s very clear that certain people in the stands and on this forum have got fixed opinions on him as a player i.e. they just don’t like him for whatever reason. He has big shoes to fill and high expectations to fulfil which has made fans more tetchy.

The last few home matches I’ve been to have all been with neutrals who don’t have strong opinions have also picked up on it.

Perhaps it’s just the people who sit around me, I’ve got people around who slag off most things he does then sings the song when he scores which made me a laugh a bit.
Most sing it after he puts the ball into row Z never mind scores

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

How on gods green earth can you watch the last two games and claim he’s got no movement off the ball? 🤯

The formation and reintroduction of Bidwell has helped Wright, but am I going to start gushing praise on Wright after the finishing away at Millwall? We all need Wright to come good but he should be doing far more than he currently is.

shmmeee

The formation and reintroduction of Bidwell has helped Wright, but am I going to start gushing praise on Wright after the finishing away at Millwall? We all need Wright to come good but he should be doing far more than he currently is.

You say finishing but he’s scoring a goal every other game. Vik missed some absolute sitters, Haaland is top of the chances missed table in the PL, good strikers miss more than bad strikers cos bad strikers don’t get the chance to miss.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You say finishing but he’s scoring a goal every other game. Vik missed some absolute sitters, Haaland is top of the chances missed table in the PL, good strikers miss more than bad strikers cos bad strikers don’t get the chance to miss.

Data is great when you remove the context; have you seen how many big chances European Champions Man City make per game? Now compare that to Championship Coventry City where we don’t make 15 chances a game and still miss Hamer. We can’t afford a striker that needs 5 chances to score one goal.

Agreed at least he’s starting to get in the right positions.

Gint11

Wright is starting to come good. Still has lots to work on but seems to be improving. What I do like, is he gets lots of chances so his movement and awareness is good, just his finishing. It looks like inside left is where he is best suited.

shmmeee

Data is great when you remove the context; have you seen how many big chances European Champions Man City make per game? Now compare that to Championship Coventry City where we don’t make 15 chances a game and still miss Hamer. We can’t afford a striker that needs 5 chances to score one goal.

Agreed at least he’s starting to get in the right positions.

He’s scored one more than Vik had after the same minutes last season…

ccfcricoh

I thought he was poor/average for about 70mins last night, didnt press, wasnt creating space, wasnt winning or holding up the ball...but then he popped up and scored, which is what he is there to do! and immediately he looked better for it, maybe partly because Simms was helping him out a bit more than Godden was and was playing closer to him.

Personally think Simms has looked more dangerous in his last couple of cameos but then thats against tired legs, not sure it will be long before we see Simms in for Godden.

Dont care how "bad" or "lazy" he is if he keeps scoring at his current rate, i get he is frustrating to watch at times though!

napolimp

The league

Godden
17(1) apps 6 goals 0 Assists
237 mpg
Goal contributions (goals + assists) 237 mpgc

Wright
10(8) apps 5 goals 1 assist
198 mpg
Goal contributions 165 mpgc

It's the first time Wrights had a proper run of games having now started 5 in a row. He's scored 3 in this last 5.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gyokeres
46 apps 21 goals 10 assists
192 mpg
Goal contributions 130 mpgc

CCFC88

A bellend next to me screamed "You're offside Wright" as Collins was taking a goal kick

PVA

Question… is he left or right footed?
genuinely not sure.
Cos he’s happy to shoot/pass with both.

I have wondered this as well at times!

Fairly sure he is right footed though, but does seem comfortable on his left.

Users who are viewing this thread