Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (10 Viewers)

Evo1883

29 in 60 in Turkey, on the face of it that's a good ratio .. don't know enough about the player to really have an opinion

Evo1883

I guess the difference between somebody like Adam Armstrong and this lad , is maybe this lad has the attributes to do better in the top flight should we get promoted , whereas Armstrong was wank in the top flight

Winny the Bish

It’s amazing how quickly some portions of a fan base can go from “He’s one of our own” to “Good riddance, he was shite anyway” once the reality they’re leaving sets in.
Seen it happen here many many times down the years.
Went through Twitter and the reaction breaks down like this:
- Antalya fans are gutted they are losing him
- Other fans of Turkish football are stunned at the price
- USA fans think he's dreadful
- Summary as a player: He doesn't often pass the eye test but still scores a lot of goals. Right place, right time kind of guy. Stern John-esque.

fatso

Pay the £1m Tom Cannon loan fee for starters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd sooner miss out on a full International powerhouse centreforward who has scored at a world cup, on a permanent deal, in favour of some guy who's played 20 odd games for Preston on a loan???

Have you lost your mind?

Happy_Martian

According to the comments we've been absolutely scammed.

And according to Swansea comments, we signed a lame duck in Gyokeres.

I have faith in the recruitment team. And the fact they are chasing these types of players is testament to how much we are looking above ourselves. We're not happy with a League 1 or second hand Championship player. We're chasing for tested internationals !

Haji signed a 3 year deal in 2022 so we've had to pay for that. He got 15 goals last season, in 28 appearances. And at 25, he's made 7 appearances and got 2 goals for the US national team.

ajsccfc

In my opinion, yes it is. Tom Cannon is highly regarded and knows the English game… this bloke I’ve never heard of

How familiar were you with the signings we've made so far? Not meant as a jab as I'd not heard of Van Ewijk and Sakamoto before we were linked with them and they both come highly rated, if we're bidding a decent amount for this player I'd assume the scouts have had a proper look at him and he's got an impressive record to boot

Kingokings204

Robins has consistently said if we lose Vik and Hamer it will require us to play a different way to create and score goals. Don’t expect like for like replacements ….

ronins said if hamer goes we need to replace his energy and quality.

Evo1883

You just have to trust the process here .. we've a scouting network and this player has been identified .. I don't the club would spend if he didn't fit what they wanted

He's looks a real handful could create loads for simms

torchomatic

David O'Day

A bunch of strikers for that price.
Our model is to sell for profit, how are we meant to turn a profit on a player at that price?
We can’t afford Hamer’s wage demands but spunking this much on an unknown player, it’s just baffling

Who?

He's not unknown either is he, he's playing in a good league where he is scoring goals. He also plays for a decent international side.

I am sorry but just because you haven't heard of him doesn't make him unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread