Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (8 Viewers)

ProfessorbyGrace

A few games back it was Simms everyone was concerned about, and general consensus was Wright looked exciting and should be starting instead of Simms. After a couple of poor games he’s written off. Maybe we all calm down a bit?
Logically speaking, after many have observed and assessed Wright in the last 5 games, the general consensus is that he’s struggling to adapt (at the very least).

This would imply that, perhaps, it’s worth giving Simms a run to find his feet, as the entire attack is being held up by a veteran poacher at the minute.

Generally, most people will look to alternative solutions for a problem, and a contingency for inefficiency.

djr8369

Logically speaking, after many have observed and assessed Wright in the last 5 games, the general consensus is that he’s struggling to adapt (at the very least).

This would imply that, perhaps, it’s worth giving Simms a run to find his feet, as the entire attack is being held up by a veteran poacher at the minute.

Generally, most people will look to alternative solutions for a problem, and a contingency for inefficiency.
It’s definitely worth giving Simms a run but doesn’t mean there aren’t some ridiculous and unwarranted takes on Wright being thrown around.

SBT

There’s no way he’s actually as bad as he was on Tuesday night, and I expect him to improve, but for the price we paid you’re expecting him to come in and make an impact without needing tons of time to adjust. He can still be a good striker for us of course, but I’m struggling to see what we paid the premium for at this stage.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is it for me, also. I hate to right-off players early on (no pun intended), but the signs are that he’s struggling to adapt at the moment. And to be honest, I would rather give Simms a shot with Godden, as the former’s link up play and awareness seem a tad better at this stage.

However, knowing MR, he’ll persevere with Wright till he either clicks, or gets bombed out.
Godden and Simms weren't working either. They both want to play the same role.

SIR ERNIE

A month or so is a long time in football, just scanned through the ratings for Wright after the Leicester and Boro games:

Wright - Just like his highlight reals, you cannot push him off the ball. He looks a stronger version of Vik. So excited by him.
Wright 6 - not much time but liked what I seen
Wright 7 Showed some promise. Needs to start next game.
Wright 8 – I love him already, so many attributes
Wright 7 Looked seriously promising. Will be fun.
Wright 7 His pace and strength will serve him well in this division, very encouraging start
Simms and Wright will be a nightmare for defences when paired together.
Wright looked good as did all the new players.
Wright looked more like the Gyokeres replacement. Simms will be fine and with Palmer behind they will be a dangerous trio
Wright - 7. Looks pacy and exciting and will cause problems. Has that knack of keeping the ball even when he doesn't look in control of it.
Wright 7 Showed us what hes capable of and great finishing
Wright looks great, if he can hold up play like vik did he's a real option
Wright 7 - Looks a handful, can run with the ball at pace and be direct. A more impressive debut than Gyokeres debut for us.
Wright - 8 - involved from the get go, great finish for his goal.
Wright is going to be a fantastic player for us, he looks another level physically, and the early goal will settle him.
Wright looks absolute class, unbelievably comfortable on the ball.

SlowerThanPlatt

At a poor level. Frankly, you just don't spend that much on a player who can go goal-less in the Dutch league! Although as I think as someone pointed out when I first said this, "but he scored in the cup!"
Such a wild and inconsistent record across his career, he either scores loads or none at all! We could do with a middle ground for this season at least…

djr8369

There’s no way he’s actually as bad as he was on Tuesday night, and I expect him to improve, but for the price we paid you’re expecting him to come in and make an impact without needing tons of time to adjust. He can still be a good striker for us of course, but I’m struggling to see what we paid the premium for at this stage.
Now this is more fair.

ccfc1234

A month or so is a long time in football, just scanned through the ratings for Wright after the Leicester and Boro games:

Wright - Just like his highlight reals, you cannot push him off the ball. He looks a stronger version of Vik. So excited by him.
Wright 6 - not much time but liked what I seen
Wright 7 Showed some promise. Needs to start next game.
Wright 8 – I love him already, so many attributes
Wright 7 Looked seriously promising. Will be fun.
Wright 7 His pace and strength will serve him well in this division, very encouraging start
Simms and Wright will be a nightmare for defences when paired together.
Wright looked good as did all the new players.
Wright looked more like the Gyokeres replacement. Simms will be fine and with Palmer behind they will be a dangerous trio
Wright - 7. Looks pacy and exciting and will cause problems. Has that knack of keeping the ball even when he doesn't look in control of it.
Wright 7 Showed us what hes capable of and great finishing
Wright looks great, if he can hold up play like vik did he's a real option
Wright 7 - Looks a handful, can run with the ball at pace and be direct. A more impressive debut than Gyokeres debut for us.
Wright - 8 - involved from the get go, great finish for his goal.
Wright is going to be a fantastic player for us, he looks another level physically, and the early goal will settle him.
Wright looks absolute class, unbelievably comfortable on the ball.
See the bold text. Some people can over react at times and that's fine especially if beer is involved but at no stage has Wright looked stronger than Vik and if he did (for someone) he has lost a lot of strength in the following matches!

ProfessorbyGrace

Godden and Simms weren't working either. They both want to play the same role.
They haven’t been given a sustained run, really. Plus, I suppose the original plan was Simms and Wright, but Godden is poaching goals regularly (and is a firm MR favourite), which has in turn stunted the forging of the new partnership (as such).

Bit short-sighted, but then, not every variable is obvious when throwing over £11 million at a new strike force.

Greggs

Giving my ticket away to my nephew. Can't bring myself to watch a midfield of Kelly and Eccles, a clueless defense that don't communicate and our 2 superstar strikers are a pain to watch. Robins really, really fucked up.

Greggs

Are you sure you want to shit post on here? Considering you've openly admitted you cry yourself to sleep every night because your life's so shit. Seems like it will just make things worse for yourself.
Feeling good actually. Its only a game, remember. You horrible piece of shit.

Greggs

:ROFLMAO: No self control and gets riled up by strangers on the internet. So emotional. 😭
Nasty c**t. Hilarious digging people out for talking about their struggles. I hope you feel big, karma will fuck you up.

stevefloyd

Giving my ticket away to my nephew. Can't bring myself to watch a midfield of Kelly and Eccles, a clueless defense that don't communicate and our 2 superstar strikers are a pain to watch. Robins really, really fucked up.
drunk jack nicholson GIF by hoppip

Covkid1968#

You watch it turn out to be a classic now Greggs.😎😎 Have to say I’ve had similar thoughts myself…got to drive 30 plus miles pay for parking and then sit there getting miffed when I can get pissed off at home. But I promised the daughter I’d take her and that’s making me go!!!
Even though I know we were worse just 4 years ago … the expectation has made it all the more crushing. I need a reset button so I can appreciate just how far we have come as a club!!!

Users who are viewing this thread