Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (4 Viewers)

oakey

He did say a couple of weeks ago of another 9 coming let’s be honest leaving us all scratching our heads a bit, I’m losing count but think we have had five since that statement, can’t keep up what a close season we are having.
I think 3 have come in since the "another ten" remark, Thomas, Van Ewijk, Binks. Await correction

AFCCOVENTRY

Fenerbahce tried to sign Wright earlier this summer. They were in the Europa League knockout stages last season.

Funnily and interview with Fenerbahe this morning

Haji Wright also confirmed his news to me, our board of directors. We made a certain offer. Since our name is FENERBAHÇE, they asked for extra money, so we gave up. Now we got the DZEKO that Haji Wright would like to take a picture with, for the same coins @leventumiterol

Fysnkysc

I’m not worried about him flopping I’m more worried about the club committing to much money, will leave us broke for January and could cause us issues down the line.

Winny the Bish

Haji Wright also confirmed his news to me, our board of directors. We made a certain offer. Since our name is FENERBAHÇE, they asked for extra money, so we gave up. Now we got the DZEKO that Haji Wright would like to take a picture with, for the same coins @leventumiterol

Feel like this needs shouting:

FENERBAHCE'S PLAN A WAS HAJI WRIGHT

PLAN B WAS EDIN FUCKING DZEKO

Evo1883

He's 37 though 🤣

Mcbean

If he is coming and I am not entirely convinced yet he will need settling in so we are not going to see him for Lester or maybe 3 games

Sky Blue Pete

But at what level to justify a fucking massive fee? For £9m I’d want someone who hadn’t flopped at similar levels before. He’s a gamble and the price should reflect that.
Unlike you to not be a little bit optimistic
Who do you think isn’t considering the risk correctly

slowpoke

Depends if it substitutes from pay on the gate customers doesn’t it?
I agree there, which is one reason 4500+ away fans are allowed, thats worth well over 2 million+ a year, we need that.
Think our walk-up could be over 5000 which imo why the club need to look at opening some of those blocks in the south stand.

Sky Blue Pete

But USA are crap. Kastaneer was an international, it doesn’t mean anything on its own.

I’d agree we need to move on, but £9m is a fee I’d pay for him having scored 15-20 at a similar level. He’s a £2-3M gamble with a finished article price tag. He cost less than £2m a year ago.
They’re the 11th ranked team in the world

Ccfcisparks

I’m not worried about him flopping I’m more worried about the club committing to much money, will leave us broke for January and could cause us issues down the line.
I'd like to think the club have done some forecasting and are not planning on a shit or bust season.

kg82

Wages were well over a million a month when we weren’t playing - that’s always the issue - the fees are one thing - it’s the wage bill that needs funding consistently over time
Whose wage bill was over a million a month?

Calista

Those at the start of this thread (although I realise you are being sarcastic). Sorry I've pissed you and everyone else off, I just think it's a huge gamble for that amount of money. I've said I really hope he proves me wrong, not sure what more people want.
What sarcasm? It was a genuine question. You say "90% of them are him miscontrolling, diving, missing the target or taking the wrong option". I didn't think it could possibly be the videos posted on here, so wondered if you'd found something else.

I can't see any of that, so I'm baffled by your comment. Maybe you mean the bit where he goes to ground by the near touchline, having beaten his man and had his shirt pulled?

Look, I can't possibly know whether he'll adapt and be a force in the Championship but he has pace, strength and good movement. He's scored plenty of goals and comes across as an intelligent guy and a team player. How those videos could make you write him off is beyond me.

Edit: I feared that the only extra striker we brought in might be a loanee kid, and we'd have to rely entirely on Simms for the whole season. This signing is a big boost as far as I'm concerned.

Frostie

Absolutely but some fans will quickly criticise players when they make mistakes. Even when what he tries doesn’t come off he’s a handful, much like Gyok.
Especially when they come with a hefty price tag or relatively high wages, creates an unfair expectation on them. People turned against Waghorn far quicker than they might normally have done due to his rumoured salary.

AFCCOVENTRY

What sarcasm? It was a genuine question. You say "90% of them are him miscontrolling, diving, missing the target or taking the wrong option". I didn't think it could possibly be the videos posted on here, so wondered if you'd found something else.

I can't see any of that, so I'm baffled by your comment. Maybe you mean the bit where he goes to ground by the near touchline, having beaten his man and had his shirt pulled?

Look, I can't possibly know whether he'll adapt and be a force in the Championship but he has pace, strength and good movement. He's scored plenty of goals and comes across as an intelligent guy and a team player. How those videos could make you write him off is beyond me.

Edit: I feared that the only extra striker we brought in might be a loanee kid, and we'd have to rely entirely on Simms for the whole season. This signing is a big boost as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I like the fact we have 2 marquee forwards with Godden and hopefully someone else to support. Gives us 4 strikers to mix things up. Also, Haji can play up front on his on. More of a Vik direct replacement v Simms.

Skyblueweeman

Really? Didn't that article posted yesterday state that our wage bill is about £4m or something like that?

I think I read that that article wasn't 100% accurate but I don't for a second believe our wage bill is over £1m a month (or was). Top earner on £20k? You'd need 50 of those to hit a million a year.

ccfcricoh

im sure i remember total wage bill in the last accounts was over £15m. so over £1m a month, we have well over 100 staff

Ccfcisparks

Really? Didn't that article posted yesterday state that our wage bill is about £4m or something like that?

I think I read that that article wasn't 100% accurate but I don't for a second believe our wage bill is over £1m a month (or was). Top earner on £20k? You'd need 50 of those to hit a million a year.
Its everyone employed by the club.

slowpoke

It will be a million month+ easyily, but unlike last year and before our income has risen substantially, in terms of transfer fees we are still spending the Gyokeres money and hopefully have a decent chunk left.

The wage bill will be from tea lady to Robins.

Calista

Not trying to be funny, but are you getting months, years and weeks mixed up?

fernandopartridge

Especially when they come with a hefty price tag or relatively high wages, creates an unfair expectation on them. People turned against Waghorn far quicker than they might normally have done due to his rumoured salary.
It's as if the player set his own transfer fee or it is somehow an intrinsic part of him

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread