Gyokeres (3 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

What the fuck have you been ingesting?

Friends Tripping GIF by Reservation Dogs

GaryPendrysEyes

I get what BackRoom is trying to opine. We at Coventry have no bargaining power so while we talk a big deal, we'll grab the first cheque across the table.

And based on history, I would have fully expected the board/chairman to overrule any of our managers and look for any fast buck, regardless of whether it was underselling the players value. But there is a confidence in and around the club nowadays that makes me think that we'll hold out a lot longer than Sepalla/Fisher/Richardson/McGinnity et al ever did in the past. Other clubs may think we're chumps and will try and bid stupidly but we'll get value from Vik and as has been discussed, probably Hamer too.
I mean we already know there is lots of competition to sign Vik and that the club has rejected offers and is holding out for a top offer.
So we know it’s bollocks.
The minimum we’ll get is £17m plus some add-ons. I suspect we’ll get £20m as buyers get more desperate.

AFCCOVENTRY

Just copying this from the King thread into here. Can’t complain with anything King has said on Vik. Spot on and I like it:

We’re at the start of the transfer window. We’ve known for a while it’s a big window. Reality is things don’t happen fast. We’re confident to build a team worthy playing at the top level. In respect to Vik. He’s been on media and made his comments. Some degree disappointing what he’s said. We bought him and he has another year. If we decide we want him to stay one more season to get us to the premier league then he needs to get that in his mind. It’s not all one sided. I don’t like the press talk. We will handle it. Sporting Lisbon have been in touch with us. When the player move has to agree with both parties. Vik doesn’t tell us what to do. Reality is it’s early in the window, lot of interest in him. I’m calm about it. He’s still under our contract.

the rumpo kid

Has he asked for a transfer ? Or does he want his contract paid up as well as a signing on fee and 10% cut of the transfer fee? Beginning to get a on my nerves is old vik.

slowpoke

Has he asked for a transfer ? Or does he want his contract paid up as well as a signing on fee and 10% cut of the transfer fee? Beginning to get a on my nerves is old vik.
I think we should just step back and see what happens, I don’t want Gyorkeres to become the bad guy a lot of the on going press speculation is just that speculation and Sporting Lisbon are just stoking it up with their drip drip use of their press statements. They seem to have made Vik their number one target that’s fair enough but they don’t dictate cost with twelve months left on his contract we do. King has more or less said that.

the rumpo kid

I think we should just step back and see what happens, I don’t want Gyorkeres to become the bad guy a lot of the on going press speculation is just that speculation and Sporting Lisbon are just stoking it up with their drip drip use of their press statements. They seem to have made Vik their number one target that’s fair enough but they don’t dictate cost with twelve months left on his contract we do. King has more or less said that.
Fair enough. But if vik ever returns to play against us, id like to welcome him back as a lost legend not as a Craig Bellamy. He's not endearing himself at the moment.

bigfatronssba

The club physically isn't in a position to let that happen. Regardless of DK's comments.

No but it has to pretend to be.

You need to put an element of doubt into the potential buyers mind

Mucca Mad Boys

Indeed. But to the section of fans that will inevitably take his comments at face value, I reiterate, we aren't in a position to ever let Gyokeres' contract run down.

Correct. Likewise, we’re not in a position where we need to sell to the first buyer. Sporting Lisbon are making noise early to disrupt us into making an early sale before a Prem team comes and bullies them.

If there’s a lot of interest, we can gauge what clubs are willing to pay for Gyokeres. If it was late in the transfer window, I’d get your point but the window hasn’t even been open for a week yet.

Ultimately, £20-30m isn’t a lot for a good quality Prem striker who’s just turned 25. Irrespective of their contract status. Yes, we need to careful, but we also don’t need to be bullied.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Correct. Likewise, we’re not in a position where we need to sell to the first buyer. Sporting Lisbon are making noise early to disrupt us into making an early sale before a Prem team comes and bullies them.

If there’s a lot of interest, we can gauge what clubs are willing to pay for Gyokeres. If it was late in the transfer window, I’d get your point but the window hasn’t even been open for a week yet.

Ultimately, £20-30m isn’t a lot for a good quality Prem striker who’s just turned 25. Irrespective of their contract status. Yes, we need to careful, but we also don’t need to be bullied.

Not saying we do sell now.

It would be remiss of DK to cash in upon the first show of interest. If PL clubs are indeed keen then there's an opportunity to maximise on the fee.

steve cooper

If I understand the situation correctly, the only offer on the table currently is 15M euros (£12.7M) as far as we can tell. Sporting keep saying they are prepared to up their offer to E20M but haven't done so yet I don't believe. There is absolutely no way we should accept their opening offer.

Ccfcisparks

If I understand the situation correctly, the only offer on the table currently is 15M euros (£12.7M) as far as we can tell. Sporting keep saying they are prepared to up their offer to E20M but haven't done so yet I don't believe. There is absolutely no way we should accept their opening offer.
According to Doug there hasnt even been a bid from Sporting yet

Alkhen

Dunno why anyone would get all fizzed up about supposed fees, We know nothing. I'll be reported as undisclosed when it goes through anyway.

slowpoke

Fair enough. But if vik ever returns to play against us, id like to welcome him back as a lost legend not as a Craig Bellamy. He's not endearing himself at the moment.
Still think we are taking too much notice of the press, team is back training two weeks today let’s see where this is then.

Flying Fokker

The Sporting owner/CEO was reported to say they had the money to be with the Portuguese big boys last week.

And if they're selling Ugarte to either Chelsea or PSG for over £53m, they can afford Vik at £15-20m. Looks like the sticking point is Sporting only want to pay the 20mill in Euros while Cov want the UK pound version :) He's the wallet man so it's up to him ultimately but Sporting better not wait too long. The £ is starting get a roll over foreign currencies again meaning Sporting will soon be paying more Euros just to get us the same £20m

View attachment 30254
It’s not up to him at all…At this stage we are in control of how much he goes for and ultimately where he goes. Unless his suitors come up with the best fee.

Users who are viewing this thread